Solo streamer

I’m looking to replace my Cambridge CXN v2 with a streamer that has better SQ.  I want a streamer with no extra accoutrements: no DAC, storage capacity, etc., nothing but a streamer.  Is this available?

128x128rvpiano

It really sounds wonderful on most tracks. As good as I had hoped.

Glad to hear!  I take it this means you’re not in the “all streamers sound the same” camp?  Ehem.  Look forward to your thoughts on areas of improvement once it’s settled in more. 

“I’m trying to sort albums alphabetically.”
@rvpiano

If you’re using Version 4 app, look at top right hand corner, it should say Artist, Album before three dots (mine is sorted by artist and album). Tap on it and you should get all the sort options.

“ I take it this means you’re not in the “all streamers sound the same” camp?”
@soix

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie :-) 

OP,

The Conductor App is very good and getting better. It is also pretty easy to use. Are you expecting to learn the app in a day? If so, no problem, then spend an hour reading instructions on how it works. In the world of software it is very simple… but you need to understand the basics. To get great sound quality out of a streamer you need to use the native software and not something like apple play. Your streamer will sound even better over time and the Conductor app will become second nature like driving a car.

Also, check out the hundreds of internet radio stations. 

rv…

Conductor 4 is good. Takes a few days to get used to it just use iPad for best experience.

The sound will mellow out with break in. The stock included USB cable is actually pretty good. I used it for few weeks before I got my AQ Diamond  

Enjoy your new N200! It’s a great streamer!