Raven celeste competitors/alternatives

Lately I've been fixated on The Raven nighthawk/Celeste combo for $7k-ish price.
There may be better systems to build from used sales here, but I'm fearful I would spend the money and not get great sound or  synergy in the system [who wants to help:-) ] I've never had tubes before, so I'm  toying with the idea of getting a raven nighthawk.  To do so, I would have to get rid of my current speakers. The raven celeste would be an obvious consideration on my budget (my current speaks are revel f208), but I'm not crazy about the looks of the celeste, and I have a small living room so other options exist. I'd appreciate input on the celeste or alternatives to consider that will work with everything from industrial, rock, and 80's to female vocalists and jazz funk?  Just curious and dreaming at the moment. No urgent deadline to pull the trigger but soon enough that I don't blow my tax return elsewhere may be a good idea. Lol. Thanks.
128x128labguy
I haven't heard the Celeste so can't comment on them. I have a Raven Blackhawk LE with Reference 3A MM de Capo i speakers on the matching stands in a small living room and couldn't be happier. I, too, listen to a very wide range of music, everything except full-scale orchestral works, and the de Capos work extremely well. I've owned several dozen  combinations of amp and speakers over 50 years of serious listening and this is the most satisfying. 
Thank you Sfar!  Do you use a sub or are you able to get sufficient bass from the De capo? Also, how long do you have to warm up the amp before listening?
I have a new Raven Nighthawk 3.1.My first experience with tubes. If you don't count my first car, a '61 Plymouth with a tube radio. My speakers are KEF R3's on stands. Mid sized room. I am very happy with the combo! And they look great!  

If you can’t get past the looks of the Celeste another potential option would be the LSA-20 that may be more palatable.  The other option would be to keep your speakers and try a hybrid integrated like Unison Research with a tube input and robust SS amp section.  Best of luck. 
Wish you could hear my Moabs with my Melody tube amp. You would know you are done! Either a Nighthawk or Blackhawk with either Moab or Double Impacts and you will be in heaven! I would go Moab if you have the room, and Blackhawk if you have the money.  

The Celeste are pretty good but they are more in the old-school audiophile realm of being "polite" and soft. Without going into too much detail this is due to the same problem they all face of trying to get a large driver to do the work. Eric by using a lot of tweeters to do the work of one 9" midrange has solved the problem of how to get electrostatic fast response without the hard edge problem everyone still has going the old school route. 

It is not even close, but people get triggered when told it is a $40k speaker for $4k. Actually not a good example anyway, as I am unaware of any speaker at any price that does what his MTM does.  

I go on a nightly basis from Dire Straits to Tchaikovsky and back to Roxy Music and Sinatra-Basie. Moabs do it all, and do it all exceptionally well. Easy to drive. You will find yourself enjoying rock concert levels more than you ever thought possible, while at the same time realize they still are wonderful at low to moderate level. You do not need to crank them up, not at all. But when you do- wow! 

And do not worry about power. Raven will be plenty. Plenty! Just a fabulous combo. Highly recommended!!