phono preamp < $500

I am the original owner of a B&O Beogram 4002 turntable which is currently undergoing refurbishment at Soundsmith. I have not listened to vinyl in 20 years, and it is unlikely that I will return to it in any significant way, unless I have an unexpected epiphany. I am having the turntable restored for fun and just to maintain its operability. I do have a few LP's that I would like to hear, though. To this end, I find that I need to acquire a phono preamp. I am looking for a new one that is a good combination of quality and economy, ideally <$500. MM support is required, MC support is not required (given the nature of the Beogram 4002). Here is my current list of candidates that have come to me by one means or another:
AVA Vision Q ($500)Soundsmith MMP3 ($800)Soundsmith MMP4 ($600)Parasound Zphono ($200)Parasound Zphono XRM ($600)
Cambridge Duo ($300)

Of course, I could use my existing phono preamp that I had been using since the early 1980's, which is built into the Heathkit AP-1800 preamplifier that my wife and I built around 1982. (We each switched off tasks including soldering, and she was entirely committed, so I have little toerance when the insulting term "WAF" is used in my presence.) But I think I'd like to try something more modern.
Advice is appreciated. I admit, though, to a predisposition for direct purchase, since middlemen offer no value for me. So, I am probably most interested in the first three on the list.
Thanks.

128x128mcdonalk
Hagerman Bugle3 is worth a look at $189.
Great sound. Quality parts. No frills.
Trial period and a great warranty.
https://www.haglabs.com/

Have had my Bugle2 for a number of years now - it's a keeper.
Sorry...don’t want to rain on your parade but I had the Beogram and was very proud of it. A dealer suggested bringing it in a comparing it along side some other turntables. I was sure the Beogram would sound better but was shocked at the amount of rumble compared to other quality turntables. It’s a beautiful looking turntable with a unique tonearm.  But for sound quality, there are so many relatively inexpensive turntables available today. Again I’m m sorry for the rain but if you really want good sound, a new preamp can only do so much. You might try a similar turntable comparison. 
Thanks all who made suggestions.

wolverine:

I don’t care! I fully realize that my strategy may not be logical; it is more a Jungian thing than a cognitive behavioral thing. Kind of like vinyl itself. Besides, I don't want to have to fiddle with a turntable/cartridge/tonearm assemby, and I am just not that dedicated to vinyl.

big_greg & fuzztone:

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Puffin; it looks like a really sensible and innovative product. Given what I know at this point, it (with optical digital option) will probably be what I choose. Meantime, I have asked Parks Audio to consider adding a dynamic range expansion option.

Buy a used parasound p5 or p6. They have great phono sections and do so many other things great. You won't be sorry. 
I just ordered Pro-Ject S2 Tube Phono Amp, just based on reviews. Not sure how many here are familiar with it. I had considered Schiit Mani, Cambridge Alva Duo,  Vincent Audio PHO 8, and a few more.  I have Rega Mira 3 and its internal phono stage would be upgraded to S2.  Will see if any improvement would be made in a couple of days...
Dangerous territory OP.
Most people who go back to vinyl have an 'unexpected epiphany'.
Go to it !
And have your wallet ready.
Welcome back to the world of pure sound.

At that price point, I'd be looking at the marantz 7 clone available on ebay for under 400; not much can touch its performance.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hi-end-12AX7-Tube-MM-RIAA-Turntables-Phono-amplifier-base-on-Marantz-7-L7-4...
here is one seller, several others sell it. Make sure you get the version with the tube rectifier in the front.
This appears to be a risk-free option worth considering:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649666162-custom-phono-stage-based-on-akitika-z-phono/http://

$300

The seller appears to have done skillful work on this. And is willing to give you a no questions asked, money back guarantee.

No affiliation.