New In 2023

Cite New Releases and Re-Issues on CD, Download, EP, Hi-Rez, LP, SACD and Stream formats.

jafant

Already in the racks is a new album (on LP and CD) from The Long Ryders, produced by Ed Stasium.(The Ramones, Marshall Crenshaw, The Smithereens). The Ryders are now down to a trio, bassist Tom Stevens having died back in 2021. At the time of their debut album in the mid-80's, drummer Greg Sowders was married to Lucinda Williams. I believe he was husband number 1. ;-)

Yes is putting out a new album called Mirror To The Stars 5/19/23. They released a cut a few days ago. Cut From The Stars.  It’s amazing how Jon Davison sounds so much like Jon Anderson.

New 2023 reissues from Vinyl Me Please:

- Busy Bee Cafe by Marty Stuart. His 1982 Sugar Hill Records debut.

- Stand By Your Man by Tammy Wynette. Her 1969 album on Epic Records, containing the hit song of the same title. Michael Ludwig (45 RPM Audiophile on YouTube), though not a fan of Country music, gave this album a rave review, in terms of sound quality. Poor Michael, his taste runs to Krautrock. ;-) .

The lacquers for both LP’s cut from analogue tapes by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound.

Stumble Into Grace by Emmylou Harris, her 2003 album on LP (Nonesuch Records) for the first time. Available on May 12th.

Her one-time bandleader Rodney Crowell's new album entitled The Chicago Sessions (a collaboration with Wilco's Jeff Tweedy) will be released on both CD and LP a week earlier by New West Records.

arcticdeth

Always good to see you waving the Metal flag.

Happy Listening!

Oh, and on May 19th there’s a new album coming out from Marty Stuart And His Fabulous Superlatives, entitled Altitudes. LP, CD, MP3, streaming.

For those who don’t have an original LP (or the reissue from Sundazed done in the 1980’s), and haven’t wanted to pay $42 for the current reissue by Speakers Corner, on April 21st Albert King’s fantastic album Born Under A Bad Sign will be out on LP from Craft Recordings at $29.95 retail. Albert is backed by the fantastic Booker T & The MG’s, as well as The Memphis Horns. If you Stevie Ray Vaughan fans want to learn upon what Stevie based his style, you GOTTA hear this LP!

And as a reminder, Robbie Fulks new album Bluegrass Vacation will be available on the 7th of this month. all formats. Providing Robbie musical accompaniment is the incredible lineup of Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, Tim O'Brien, Ronnie McCoury, Alison Brown, John Cowan, and Sierra Hull. Wow!

I neglected to mention:

Robbie is currently on the road, so if you like the album help him make a living (he won’t make any dough off the album) by buying a ticket to see & hear him live (I’m sure he can’t afford to take his studio band on the road---they're expensive players, and worth every penny, so he’ll most likely be solo). Tickets are dirt cheap, only 22 bucks for the show at Polaris Hall in Portland Oregon. See ya there!

Waco Brothers - The Men That God Forgot".

Eagerly awaiting the new Eilen Jewell 5/5/23.

Shadow Kingdom by Bob Dylan on June 2nd. 21st Century live recordings of songs from his catalog, available on a single CD and double LP.

On July 14th Yep Rock Records is releasing an expanded version of Marshall Crenshaw's 1983 sophomore album, on a single CD and double LP, the latter in a color exclusive at Barnes & Noble.

bdp24

I am looking  forward  the Bob Dylan release.

Happy Listening!

And as a reminder, Robbie Fulks new album Bluegrass Vacation will be available on the 7th of this month. all formats. Providing Robbie musical accompaniment is the incredible lineup of Jerry Douglas, Sam Bush, Tim O'Brien, Ronnie McCoury, Alison Brown, John Cowan, and Sierra Hull. Wow!

@bdp24 I am right there with you. Robbie will be playing in Columbus in a small venue this Thursday. He is an amazing artist and like so many others in the weird world of artists, overlooked. When he comes through Central Ohio I never miss him. 

As to Yep Rock Records, in the vein of overlooked amazing artists, there is Alejandro Escovedo, Chuck Prophet, John Doe, and Dave Alvin. If only there was more justice in this World!