New In 2023

Cite New Releases and Re-Issues on CD, Download, EP, Hi-Rez, LP, SACD and Stream formats.

jafant

@fsonicsmith1: Yep Rock is one of my favorite labels. In addition to those you mentioned, also on the label are The Minus 5 (they opened for NRBQ when I saw them awhile back. Steve Berlin of Los Lobos joined both bands on stage), Kim Richie, Los Straitjackets (their bassist and I have known each other since 1962, and have played together in a coupla bands), Sloan, The Rubinoos, Tift Merritt, and of course Nick Lowe. Quite a roster!

Out tomorrow (Friday, May 19th): Thomas Lauderdale Meets The Pilgrims.

Lauderdale is the leader of Pink Martini, and collaborating with him on this album are the Surf band Satan’s Pilgrims. Both are Portland, Oregon residents. I just heard about the album yesterday, when Lauderdale was interviewed on Portland’s Classical music station. The DJ played a coupla cuts, which were fantastic!

Michael Jerome Browne - "Gettin' Together". Some great guest musicians; JJ Milteau, Mary Flower, Eric Bibb, Colin Linden, John Sebastion, Happy Traum, Harrison Kennedy, Stephen Barry, John McColgan, Teilhard Frost. 

On June 30th the Kentucky Colonels’ album 1966 will be released on LP and CD. The Colonels’ members included Clarence White, better known a member of the 3rd incarnation of The Byrds.

Coming soon to a record store near you: Here Are The Sonics !!! (exclamation points not of my doing) on Big Beat Records, the debut album from this greatest of all 1960’s Garage Bands. I have an original on Etiquette Records (plus the 1998 reissue on Norton Records. Mastered by Bob Irwin of Sundazed Records fame, liner notes by Miriam Linna, The Cramps original drummer and in the 1970’s The Flamin’ Groovies Fan Club president), but if you don’t you need this record! The recording sounds like sh*t, but it’s great sh*t. ;-)