New Dedicated Line - Almost No improvement

Hello,

Newbie here and electrical idiot. Just moved to a new to us house in Tampa. Before we moved in I had an electrician put in a dedicated line (has it's own breaker switch) which is 10 gauge and two Furutech GTX-D outlets - Rhodium.

When I hooked up the EMI meter in my old house, which didn't have a dedicated line, the reading was usually around 26 or so IIRC. At the new house the outlets are 89 usually and the dedicated line is usually around 82 - so not much help for the cost of the "project" and pretty noisy.

Also, when the ac /hvac is running the meter reads about 100 points higher (!) for both the regular outlets and the dedicated Furutechs. Not good.

Thoughts? Does the dedicated line need it's own breaker box? 

I'm also considering a line conditioner but wanted to see what could be done here. Thanks.

laynes

My story:

I’m not too savy when it comes to electrical knowledge.  In my case, I hired a highly regarded electrician who installed multiple 20 amp dedicated lines to my music room. He did an extensive rebuild/update of my box so everything is up to code.  Everything has worked flawlessly since the work was complete.  He installed the lines on a separate leg in my original breaker box.  I did it mostly for my power amp which the manufacturer recommends be run on a dedicated 20 amp line.

It made a dramatic difference in the performance of my system.  Due to my lack of knowledge, I hired an electrician with a stellar reputation in hopes I wouldn’t be taken advantage of…it wasn’t cheap (at all) but system performance really improved.  

i plan to retire and sell my house in the next 5 years.  I wonder if I’d have been better off buying a power regenerator that I could take with me when its time for me to go…

Installing dedicated lines should not be astronomically expensive. Twenty years ago… I think one cost me $300… last year $1,500 (it was a hard location to get to). The $1,500 was well worth it. It doesn’t take any sophisticated electrician… in fact, most of them think you are crazy. You just tell them what you want. For me, five years would be well worth the sound quality improvement I received.

An audio friend of mine really got into it with high end audio wiring and lots of extras. I think he thought it worth while. But you get a lot for just the basics. 10 gauge Romex. 

In my case (2022) it was $1500 for the 4 lines and about the same to upgrade/rebuild the box. I also had him inspect my ground rod. The connection to the box was badly decayed (he showed me that) so the ground was not even connected. This apparently made my whole house surge protector worthless. I had him drive a new ground rod and redo the connection for $750. Around $4K all in…It took the electrician and his assistant two full days to complete the job.

He openly said I was insane. I showed him the prices of aftermarket power cables…he said he was starting a new business LOL. We enjoyed a bottle of bourbon and a listening session the last evening. He had no idea what a quality home audio system could do.

Like almost all threads here, this one has some good information and a lot of misinformation.  I have to feel sorry for the layperson trying to figure it out.