My Long List of Amplifiers and My Personal Review of Each!

So I have been in a long journey looking to find the best amplifiers for my martin logan montis. As you know, the match between an amplifier and speakers has to be a good "marriage" and needs to be blend exquisitely. Right now, I think I might have found the best sounding amplifier for martin logan. I have gone through approximately 34-36 amplifiers in the past 12 months. Some of these are:

Bryston ST, SST, SST2 series
NAD M25
PARASOUND HALO
PARASOUND CLASSIC
KRELL TAS
KRELL KAV 500
KRELL CHORUS
ROTEL RMB 1095
CLASSE CT 5300
CLASSE CA 2200
CLASSE CA 5200
MCINTOSH MC 205
CARY AUDIO CINEMA 7
OUTLAW AUDIO 755
LEXICON RX7
PASS LABS XA 30.8
BUTLER AUDIO 5150
ATI SIGNATURE SERIES 6005

With all that said, the amplifiers I mentioned above are the ones that in my opinion are worth mentioning. To make a long story short, there is NO 5 CHANNEL POWER AMP that sounds as good as a 3ch and 2ch amplifier combination. i have done both experiments and the truth is that YOU DO lose details and more channel separation,etc when you select a 5 channel power amplifier of any manufacturer.
My recollection of what each amp sounded like is as follows:

ATI SIGNATURE SERIES 6005 (great power and amazing soundstage. Very low noise floor, BUT this amplifiers NEEDS TO BE cranked up in order to fully enjoy it. If you like listening at low volume levels or somewhat moderate, you are wasting your time here. This amp won’t sound any different than many other brands out there at this volume. The bass is great, good highs although they are a bit bright for my taste)

NAD M25 (very smooth, powerful, but somewhat thin sounding as far as bass goes)
Bryston sst2(detailed, good soundstage, good power, but can be a little forward with certain speakers which could make them ear fatiguing at loud volumes)

Krell (fast sounding, nice bass attack, nice highs, but some detail does get lost with certain speakers)

rotel (good amp for the money, but too bright in my opinion)

cary audio (good sound overall, very musical, but it didn’t have enough oomph)

parasound halo (good detail, great bass, but it still holds back some background detail that i can hear in others)

lexicon (very laid back and smooth. huge power, but if you like more detail or crisper highs, this amp will disappoint you)

McIntosh mc205 (probably the worst multichannel amp given its price point. it was too thin sounding, had detail but lacked bass.

butler audio (good amplifier. very warm and smooth sweet sounding. i think for the money, this is a better amp than the parasound a51)

pass labs (very VERY musical with excellent bass control. You can listen to this for hours and hours without getting ear fatigue. however, it DOES NOT do well in home theater applications if all you have is a 2 channel set up for movies. The midrange gets somewhat "muddy" or very weak sounding that you find yourself trying to turn it up.

classe audio (best amplifier for multi channel applications. i simply COULDNT FIND a better multi channel amplifier PERIOD. IT has amazing smoothness, amazing power and good bass control although i would say krell has much better bass control)

Update: The reviews above were done in January 2015. Below is my newest update as of October 2016:

PS AUDIO BHK 300 MONOBLOCKS: Amazing amps. Tons of detail and really amazing midrange. the bass is amazing too, but the one thing i will say is that those of you with speakers efficiency of 87db and below you will not have all the "loudness" that you may want from time to time. These amps go into protection mode when using a speaker such as the Salon, but only at very loud levels. Maybe 97db and above. If you don’t listen to extreme crazy levels, these amps will please you in every way.

Plinius Odeon 7 channel amp: This is THE BEST multichannel amp i have ever owned. Far , but FAR SUPERIOR to any other multichannel amp i have owned. In my opinion it destroyed all of the multichannel amps i mentioned above and below. The Odeon is an amp that is in a different tier group and it is in a league of its own. Amazing bass, treble and it made my center channel sound more articulate than ever before. The voices where never scrambled with the action scenes. It just separated everything very nicely.

Theta Dreadnaught D: Good detailed amp. Looks very elegant, has a pleasant sound, but i found it a tad too bright for my taste. I thought it was also somewhat "thin" sounding lacking body to the music. could be that it is because it is class d?

Krell Duo 300: Good amp. Nice and detailed with enough power to handle most speakers out there. I found that it does have a very nice "3d" sound through my electrostatics. Nothing to fault here on this amp.
Mark Levinson 532H: Great 2 channel amp. Lots of detail, amazing midrange which is what Mark Levinson is known for. It sounds very holographic and will please those of you looking for more detail and a better midrange. As far as bass, it is there, but it is not going to give you the slam of a pass labs 350.5 or JC1s for example. It is great for those that appreciate classical music, instrumental, etc, but not those of you who love tons of deep bass.

It is articulate sounding too
Krell 7200: Plenty of detail and enough power for most people. i found that my rear speakers contained more information after installed this amp. One thing that i hated is that you must use xlr cables with this amp or else you lose most of its sound performance when using RCA’s.

Krell 402e: Great amp. Very powerful and will handle any speaker you wish. Power is incredible and with great detail. That said, i didn’t get all the bass that most reviewers mentioned. I thought it was "ok" in regards to bass. It was there, but it didn’t slam me to my listening chair.

Bryston 4B3: Good amp with a complete sound. I think this amp is more laid back than the SST2 version. I think those of you who found the SST2 version of this amp a little too forward with your speakers will definitely benefit from this amp’s warmth. Bryston has gone towards the "warm" side in my opinion with their new SST3 series. As always, they are built like tanks. I wouldn’t call this amp tube-like, but rather closer to what the classe audio delta 2 series sound like which is on the warm side of things.

Parasound JC1s: Good powerful amps. Amazing low end punch (far superior bass than the 402e). This amp is the amp that i consider complete from top to bottom in regards to sound. Nothing is lacking other than perhaps a nicer chassis. Parasound needs to rework their external appearance when they introduce new amps. This amp would sell much more if it had a revised external appearance because the sound is a great bang for the money. It made my 800 Nautilus scream and slam. Again, amazing low end punch.

Simaudio W7: Good detailed amp. This amp reminds me a lot of the Mark Levinson 532h. Great detail and very articulate. I think this amp will go well with bookshelves that are ported in order to compensate for what it lacks when it comes to the bass. That doesn’t mean it has no bass, but when it is no Parasound JC1 either.
Pass labs 350.5: Wow, where do i begin? maybe my first time around with the xa30.8 wasn’t as special as it was with this monster 350.5. It is just SPECTACULAR sounding with my electrostatics. The bass was THE BEST BASS i have ever heard from ANY amp period. The only amp that comes close would be the jC1s. It made me check my settings to make sure the bass was not boosted and kept making my jaw drop each time i heard it. It totally destroyed the krell 402e in every regard. The krell sounded too "flat" when compared to this amp. This amp had amazing mirange with great detail up top. In my opinion, this amp is the best bang for the money. i loved this amp so much that i ended up buying the amp that follows below.

Pass labs 250.8: What can i say here. This is THE BEST STEREO AMP i have ever heard. This amp destroys all the amps i have listed above today to include the pass labs 350.5. It is a refined 350.5 amp. It has more 3d sound which is something the 350.5 lacked. It has a level of detail that i really have never experienced before and the bass was amazing as well. I really thought it was the most complete power amplifier i have ever heard HANDS DOWN. To me, this is a benchmark of an amplifier. This is the amp that others should be judged by. NOTHING is lacking and right now it is the #1 amplifier that i have ever owned.

My current amps are Mcintosh MC601s: i decided to give these 601s a try and they don’t disappoint. They have great detail, HUGE soundstage, MASSIVE power and great midrange/highs. The bass is great, but it is no pass labs 250.8 or 350.5. As far as looks, these are the best looking amps i have ever owned. No contest there. i gotta be honest with you all, i never bought mcintosh monos before because i wasn’t really "wowed" by the mc452, but it could have been also because at that time i was using a processor as a preamp which i no longer do. Today, i own the Mcintosh C1100 2 chassis tube preamp which sounds unbelievable. All the amps i just described above have been amps that i auditioned with the C1100 as a preamp. The MC601s sound great without a doubt, but i will say that if you are looking for THE BEST sound for the money, these would not be it. However, Mcintosh remains UNMATCHED when it comes to looks and also resale value. Every other amp above depreciates much faster than Mcintosh.

That said, my future purchase (when i can find a steal of a deal) will be the Pass labs 350.8. I am tempted to make a preliminary statement which is that i feel this amp could be THE BEST stereo amp under 30k dollars. Again, i will be able to say more and confirm once i own it. I hope this update can help you all in your buying decisions!

128x128jays_audio_lab
Jay, in the last video you accidentally got really close to the Mephisto amp, it was nice to see the up close details, that thing is beautiful ! Maybe bringing the camera really close when you get new gear is a future option ? I might have missed it earlier, some of the videos with music are unavailable here.
A+ post, on the state of this thread, WCSS.

sometimes I come off overly critical as well and edit my posts. 
@whitecamaross 
Jay/WC
thats a paradigm change from odin 1 to dragon.
so this will be only for your amps. will your dac and preamp still use odin 1 or you will change that too to dragon ?
Couple  more questions. 
On video you say they are high power hurricane power cords as you are taking them out of box.  But you also say dragon. Assuming the hurricane mention was an error?  Or did you mean you had hurricane with adapters on mephisto previously?

so two days of three for mephisto, what is third one for?

Told him months ago the Odin pc was easily bested by Shunyata or Audioquest. Told him that was reported on whats best forum years ago.

Seriously, the guy was evaluating his 50k amp using adapters... And he and his cheerleaders say this is a thread about serious stuff...playing at another level we the normal people are not... I never used this kind of adapters because I’ m smart enough not to mess with the powercord or amp I’ m evaluating. Thats basic stuff, playing at basic level... 😉
@goodsource. 
I'm going to use them on my amps going forward. The odin 1 PCs will need to fight against my dragon PCs to stay being used on my dac or sources. 

@kren:
They are 3 dragon high current Powercords. I am using 2 on mephisto and today I will use the third on the dac. I would love to use another one on the clock but I am not sure I am ready for it yet. My goal will be to use one odin PCs on the dac and then compare against one dragon on the dac. I know what odin does for sources and it is indeed incredible. However, for amps , the dragon is king of the hill. I think you said you loved the coliseum right? I believe the mephisto will now shock you if you hear it. It is a coloseum on steroids now. Remember I was honest and said that I used a dragon pc on it the entire time so I'm finally replicating things with the mephisto. 
WC,
From your videos, I had the feeling that both Nordost Odin 1 and AQ Dragon excelled for clarity.  In what specific ways do you find that the Dragon is better than Odin?

Your advice to avoid confrontation is right, but the thrust of my recent posts has been factual information about what I hear, and theoretical reasons why low mass drivers and open baffle (OB) designs have big advantages.  Rather than saying "anybody who prefers conventional dynamic speakers is dumb"  I say, "if your priority is powerful bass and overall dynamics, go for those speakers, but if your priority is clarity and natural tone free of boxy coloration, go for designs with low mass drivers and OB."  If you study my carefully worded posts, I don't insult people who have different priorities than mine.  Rather, the insults have been initiated by people who attack me for my priorities.  It is a shame that many people don't want to address the theoretical advantages of something I mention, so most threads just degenerate into "I like X better than Y, you like Y better than X, get lost and don't try to convince me otherwise."

BTW, most people here don't admit that you and I agree that clarity and naturalness are very important.  Our differences are not that much, only that I am willing to sacrifice bass extension/dynamics more than you, for example.  So I believe that my posts have direct relevance to your goals.
I agree with Viber that he does not directly insult people, that is true. And the comments questioning his profession were out of bounds.

That said, it’s not that Viber insults people (he doesn’t), but his posts are often perjorative, which has the same effect, just more subtly.

Anyway, agree with WC and mods and others let’s all move on past this bickering. Too much fun stuff going on in WC’s room. I don’t think I’d ever buy either speaker but I’m as excited as anyone to hear the Martin Logan v. Magnepan faceoff.

WC re Colloseum, yes, I thought it together with the DAWs was magical on the videos. I haven’t yet heard that same magic with the Alexias and the Mephisto, but certainly wouldn’t be surprised to see you capture it or surpass it -- after all, these are higher products in each manufacturer’s lines. Looking forward to what’s ahead.

If I could swing Colloseum and Wilson Sasha DAWs, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Alas, not in cards for several years so presently setting sights on Luxman 590AXII and Spendor D9.2, still a hefty outlay for mere mortals : )
That's why I so appreciated you listing your best amps for the money.  The three you listed on YT video at time were Luxman 590AXII, Luxman 900u, and Colloseum.  I think I'd be happy with any of them, and perhaps that is the ladder I will move up eventually.
pejorative    a word expressing contempt or disapproval.

There....saved everyone the time.
kren0006,
Thanks for your last respectful post.  I love how WC's videos between the 20.7 and Alexia 2 with the same music illustrate my point about the clarity and naturalness of low mass boxless designs.  Although I value HF, I hear the 20.7 as having overall advantages in getting closer to live, unamplified music.   Only by comparison, the Alexia 2 has a canned, processed quality, like canned corn instead of freshly picked corn of the 20.7.  Both canned and fresh corn are tasty, but there is a notable difference.  I am not advising buying the 20.7, but just showing how it illustrates the theoretical points I have made, and there are a few other speakers that beat the 20.7 at its own game.  I have heard many models of Maggies and ML, but WC's upcoming video of the ML 13A using his top level components will be an experience to behold. 

After my long life of listening, I am still amazed every time I hear live, unamplified music.  It has a fresh "taste" which defies description.  I still need to listen carefully to keep myself honest in what I am striving for.
Oh dear. Methinks in a shootout between Wilson Alexx and Magnepan LRS that Viber would rule it too close to call, but give the edge to LRS for clarity (sigh)

whitecamaross:
I really enjoy your YT channel and have learned quite a bit from you.

I have a quick question for you. I just purchased a pair of Sonus Faber IL Cremonese speakers and replaced the Amati's that I had. I am very happy with the upgrade. I current run Classe gear 2- Cam 400's Mono blocks and a Classe CP 700 pre amp. I also use Transparent cabling. I think that I need to upgrade the preamp and I am looking for a suggestion from you because you had the Sonus Faber's in the past. I am thinking about going to Audio Research a REF6 SE. What is your recommendation on a new preamp?
Thank

I am also thinking about replacing the Classe amps with Simaudio Moon 860V2. Will the AR Ref6SE be a good match as well?
Change the preamp and keep the cam 400 amps. It’s most probably the CP 700 sound signature you don’t like in your system. Classe old line of preamps is known to be on the soft and dull side. Try the ARC , and come back with your impressions.
kren0006 - Nothing wrong with that - everyone has their preferences - not a big deal.
WC - I can understand why many folks would want to get your advice, and I agree that you should charge a fee for your time.   You'll be able to provide an unbiased opinion, which is rare nowadays.  

Dave
This post has nothing to do with wc ( I did tell wc I would continue following his thread and YouTube stuff for entertainment purposes ). I needed to post this for some clarity ( no pun intended ), in defense of viber. To whomever doubted the SQ of viber’s Rane EQ, this specific piece, would have to be heard, to be believed. In short, because of viber’s prior talk’s here about using the Rane as a preamp, I decided to look through my closets, and pull out my exact Rane eq model, to try as a preamp. After 50 plus years into this hobby, of owning, selling and trading audio gear; the great musical enjoyment I appreciated every day of it, and still do ; of being a " professional audio consultant ", when I lived in the NY area, and catered to wealthy individuals, who wanted my system building services, as well as being a serious singer in my youth ( which might not matter for this post, but I wanted to mention it ), I never considered using an eq as a preamp. Let me 1st say, I am a modifier, tweaker and tinkerer, and the Rane EQ unit I had, which now belongs to viber, has had some extensive modifications done to it, by me, and believe me when I say, it was night and day, superior, in sq, to a non modified, stock unit. Anyway, using my unit ( again, prior to it being viber’s unit ) as a preamp, really surprised me, in every which way, to Sunday. As good as a few 6K preamps I owned at the time ( but not as good as my passive unit, and neither were my preamps ). Good in this case = CLEAN. So, when someone speaks of viber’s enjoyment of his Rane EQ, I would hope, that a little more respect, admiration, and attention, be given, to what he speaks here. Because of his educated, acute and experienced listening ability, as both a professional musician, and an astute audiophile / music listener, he has some of, if not the best, and most informative posts, on this thread, at least, to me. Viber and I, are more alike, than different, as listeners, even though, our systems are very different, and, we strive for different things, in a sound system. If viber cares to elaborate on what he heard from his unit to my unit ( and keep in mind, he was enjoying his stock unit ), this will be up to him. This does not matter to me. I also want to point out, that viber and I, butt heads, at the beginning, but are now, internet audio comrades. Anyway......Enjoy, be well, and stay safe....to all ! MrD.
Agree, nothing wrong with that.  Good point.  As long as there is no attempt at projection, it's cool.
Now - that's what I'm talking about!
Everyone enjoys music with their system - we all have different system aspects that attract and irritate us.
But - we all enjoy music.
How about we overlook each other's faults (I have MANY) and work together to help keep Jay's journey going strong?
Not too much to ask I would think?
WC,
I asked this before,  but it was probably lost in the discussion we were having.   Have you come to any conclusion yet on the cable elevators?

Dave
@tjassoc 
Thank you for your comment above. That's also my wish with this journey. 

@thezaks   
I haven't really assessed them to be honest. I have many moving pieces right now. I promise I will. 

Well, my next video will be with the nordost odin 1 speaker cable for the very last time.
 I have parted ways with it and have ordered my new speaker cable WITHOUT EVEN LISTENING TO IT. yes, this is not for the faint of heart. It will take a month before I get it , but I believe it will be something special. Stay tuned ! 
to me this thread is not just about WC's stereo.  it is about modern consumer culture, marketing and technical performance.

WC by side by siding so many high end components (as far as his budget allows him anyway) is smashing away the mirrors and letting us see how things "really" are (not perfectly sure but to an extent not achieved elsewhere that i know of).

we're also seeing how important it is to match things - synergy!

i would appreciate it if thread posts could relate more to WC and encouraging and supporting him.  

i think at the point anyone is writing multiple lengthy posts about their own system they are starting to be entirely off the thread topic (which is about WC's experiences) and frankly cannibalising energy which is here for WC.
Well said comments by mrdecibel.  To show how we old guys are, when mrD said the Rane was as clean as $6K preamps, that was when $6K was a lot of money for a preamp or amp.  The top Spectral DMA 100 amp was $5K at the time.  

I was happy when I bought my original Rane ME60 in 1995 for $600, finding it did extraordinary things for my system, both used flat as a line stage, and especially when EQ was engaged.  I was flabbergasted at how mrD's tweaks made his ME60 far superior to mine.  I bought it unheard, just trusting that he knew what he was doing.  I had never bought any audio item without an audition first.  He speculated how it could be improved more by getting a better volume control (VC).  Even with its crude VC, it has wonderful sound.  Just imagine the additional improvements that would come from better electronic parts inside.

I am very impressed with how the Christine preamp is transparent and doesn't change the sound of the system by much, compared to bypassing it using the DCS VC.  It is possibly more transparent than my new Rane from mrD as a line stage.  I wish top companies would develop an EQ with top parts.  When I eliminated my Rane and used my Benchmark DAC1 direct into the amp, it was a little more transparent than with the non-EQ Rane back in, but the huge benefits of the EQ were lost.  So eliminating EQ and using a top line stage takes the system up 1 notch, but using EQ judiciously to correct much bigger deficiencies in the speakers takes the system up 50 notches.  Believe me, I don't exaggerate.

I am sorry Jay, for having triggered this relapse of Rane and ghosts from christmas past !
kren0006,
Funny that you mention a hypothetical A/B between the Wilson Alexx against the Maggie LRS.  I'll bring the Wilson Master Chronosonic to that fight.  I respect the Chronosonic design as the best Wilson because of its time aligned concave projection design.  How would this best dynamic multiple box design compete against the bottom of the line low mass boxless LRS?  Serious question--I don't know.  

A related question is who I would hire as a bodyguard--a 100 lb woman who is a top martial artist, or a 400 lb obese out of shape guy who is slow.  I know a body builder who is on the NYC police force.  He spent $8K for his personal gym and works out 4 hours a day.  He said that only 1-2% of the police force is in the shape that he is.  Most big guys are slow when it comes to fighting.  The exam requirement for the police includes 20 chinups.  They pass him with a wink if he can only do 15.  Big deal--I can do 25 myself, but I am only 165 lbs at 6 feet.  I'm not bragging about my physical capabilities.
Yes, V, I fully expect you would choose the $650 speaker over the Chromosonic. Is there any doubt?

Similarly, I imagine somewhere there is an out of work football scout who will die on a hill claiming Mitch Trubisky is a superior QB to Patrick Mahomes, perhaps because of some small-portion-of-the-whole aspect that he purportedly comparatively excels at (e.g., he barks out cadences better). Predictably, that scout will not be impressing many NFL GM’s with his fringe takes, no matter how strenuously he espouses them....
The Gryphon vip cables were pumped. The juice was squeezed out, with a little help from the antagonistic guy with a rare common sense among the cheerleading party...

Now let’s pump the Audioquest.

Sometimes I really do believe the decisions are made by his dealer and the products of the month he needs to push visibility...
Post removed 
WCSS .
Sorry, but, you DO NOT own this thread . If you owned the Thread then you could delete posts that you don not like , or ban people you do not like .People are free to state their opinion. You can ask the moderators that. You are the OP. That is all.
The problem is that you have the attitude that you do own it. . Anyone can request for someone to be banned or a post to be removed. The moderators decide that.
Here is a post from another site explaining just that.

What is it with some pathologically controlling original posters who think they own and control any thread they start, and take it personally when it becomes obvious they do not? I have started any number of threads and have never felt that way. I have noticed OP’s who: 1. .......are the world’s most officious on-topic police; if things don’t settle back quickly into their version of what the thread is supposed to discuss, they are screaming to the moderators to close the thread. 2. ......go ballistic if the answers are not what they wanted to hear; then they are also asking the moderator to close the thread because they are no longer getting out of it what they wanted, totally ignoring that a valid discussion of the thread topic may be ongoing and that the world does not revolve around them personally. 3. ......conversely object when an out-of-control thread is closed. ("How could you close MY thread without consulting me?") I am the original poster of this thread. However, I do not "own" it, and I do not have any more control of it than any other poster who comes along and adds to the discussion. I recognize that the moderators do have control of it, however; we have to agree to that principle when we first enroll to post on City-Data. I do not take it personally, as I am not a control freak. We are supposed to be adults here, but sadly, I guess that will never happen with everybody.

@grey9hound
You are taking things word by word and that’s fine. I meant that this is my body work here and YES I AM TAKING IT PERSONAL when anyone comes to attack me by fabricating stories. Talking garbage without knowing anything is imbecile and imature.
I won’t tolerate anymore personal attacks when it comes ME or what I do. Simple, you attack, I’ll report and let the moderators see it until they can spot the pattern of the person doing it. In this case, techno is the only one who does this. Should we let the thread rot because of one bad apple? I DO NOT THINK SO.
Post removed 
Back to audio.

WC: this might be an interesting topic for a future video: Explain and give examples from your journey about the much debated question of which cable most profoundly impacts sound quality: power cable, speaker cable, or interconnect cable, and rank the three accordingly .

I think you now have enough experience to give a pretty good opinion with real life examples of that question.
Some might find it boring but I think it’s be fascinating, and yes I am serious here.

Then there are the side questions like which power cord? To dac, to amp? From wall to power conditioner? Same for XLRs. Does the ranking change depending on budget? Ie, if one has 5k total to spend on cables will the answer be different than if one has 20k or 50k?
I’m sure there are other interesting tangents as well.

Just a thought. I’ve seen the question debated and there is rarely consensus, which is a good indication that it is a ripe question for consideration
kren0006,
You are well meaning, but unfortunately you miss my points.  Do you really believe I think the LRS may be superior BECAUSE of its cheap price?  Maybe you are joking, although I can't be sure.  Do you not understand the benefits of low mass boxless design? Of course, I can say unequivocally that the Chronosonic has more quantity of bass which is important for some music, but not all.  Elsewhere in the freq range, the Chrono has much better dynamics.  That goes without saying, since listening is not required to understand that its design enables those benefits.  But at 85 dB on the music in WC's videos, I wouldn't know without listening, whether the Chrono has overall benefits to the LRS.

Clarity is nearly everything, because it enables naturalness of tone, spatiality.  Even with rock music with deep bass, the song also has softer passages with delicacy.  Would you sacrifice clarity in the softer passages and listen mainly to the deep bass, or would you do what I do when I listen to other music, enjoying the supreme clarity/naturalness of tone in most of the music and just say, OK the low bass is not there?  I understand your priorities for the music you listen to, but ask yourself whether you are downplaying the importance of clarity?

WC,
Just from your videos, looking at your forearms, I can see that you are strong and muscular, but not a slow obese guy.  When I see muscular large patients, I measure their body fat % to see if their weight is from predominantly muscle or fat.  As with audio, it is desirable to have a combination of good attributes like muscularity AND low body fat.
Not bc of the price. But the extreme price difference was carefully chosen to show the bizarreness of your fringe predilections.

But you would likely say that LRS has better clarity, which would be undoubtedly wrong (I have demo’d the LRS for 20 minutes vs Rega RS1 (or was it RX1, I forget, whatever the bookshelf Rega is), Spendor A1, and the Linn bookshelf. Listened carefully to each for 20-30 minutes over 2 hrs at a dealer. Electronics were Rega and separately Atoll. By comparison overall sound quality the LRS was garbage.

But you would, I assume and you don’t deny, pick the LRS as having superior clarity. I presume you haven’t heard either speaker (I picked Alexx because I’ve listened to it for at least 10 hours, you raised me to Chronosonic).
@kren.
That’s a possibility to address those questions. I would love to address them via an actual shootout but it’s tough to do. I’ll plain why:

If I use stock power cords on the dac and good speaker cables then we can hear the impact of the speaker cables since stock Powercords won’t be really doing any magic. But, how do I show the effect of the speaker cables when there is no such thing as "stock"speaker cables??
Most or actually all my speaker cables are far from average. It’s tough to show on video for me the improvement a speaker cables makes because I own Speaker cables that are good but present things differently.
I have a video releasing today at 10am ET where you will hear the magnepan sound totally and I mean totally different than on my previous videos. This will serve you to understand how much IMPACT speaker cables have on the presentation.
Lastly, maybe what I could do is simply showcase the amount of change that one cable does over the other on the presentation rather than saying x cable bests y cable. For this particular purpose, I might be able to just do a video and do cable swaps so you can all hear where the biggest change occured in sound when I swap a power cord or a speaker cable.
Check out the video at 10am ET today. You get to see a sneak peek at my projector and the surround sound system in action too. Wanted to do it a little different :) 
One idea would be to get some $75 Blue Jeans speaker cables, which could approximate the quality in theory of stock power cords. Same re BJ IC. 

It’s a well regarded brand at the bargain level where people start out, a step up from AnazonBasics (yes I’ve gone thru both, haha). Currently using lower-mid MIT and lower-mid AQ fwiw.

Looking forward to new Mephisto vid
What a hilarious read this morning. Don’t be upset about the conflict among the readers and posters on this thread. This is why this thread continues for so long “it’s entertaining “. It’s the National Enquirer of Audio. I log in daily to see the next round in a series of verbal joustings. I’m starting to keep score. Lately I can barely remember what this thread is about but the conflicts and debates are great. Bottom line is everyone has a right to their opinions At least for now.  I love it. Thanks to all of you 👍
@carey1110
It’s the National Enquirer of Audio.
I don’t think you realize it but your post is not so polite to WC. Have you not read and comprehended the detailed descriptions and comparisons of equipment that he has labored to provide for us? There are only a few posters that cause the "friction" to which you refer, and it is certainly your choice if you would rather concentrate on their contributions over the main subject matter of this tread.
Thank you Jetter I appreciate your opinion. It is what it is. I know Jay personally and value what he’s doing. I also like hearing other opinions that may not be the same as his.  Like I said it’s entertaining.  Jays a tough guy he can handle it.  
Very nice sound in new 20.7/Gryphon video everything from 100Hz up anyway. I like the 20.7. I think the WW works better with them than Nordost did. Or perhaps it’s the new dragons. Or mephisto breaking in more. Anyway, sounds good! Almost cavernous in its soundstage- impressive!

I predict that I may prefer the 20.7 over the 13a, but we will see.

Deficiencies vs Wilson DAW or Alexia include obviously bass but also dynamic slam and tonality, pretty much everything I guess except for massive soundstage (gotta give that to Maggie) and equally quick, maybe slightly moreso for 20.7. But Bravo, you have them sounding as good as they can I imagine and I’ll readily admit to being a Wilson admirer. Different tier groups I know just keepin it real
carey1110, truth be told, I do understand the comic value of this thread also. Just didn’t want WCs feelings being hurt for all the work he has put in here. But that you know Jay has me wanting to remove my post having taken it all a bit too seriously. Have a great day.