Music first or sound first?

I just thought it might be interesting to take a poll of those that put sound first and those that claim they put music first in listening to their rigs.

128x128rvpiano

@tomic601 was very kind to invite me over to hear his Vandersteen 7s. That Vandersteen sound I like ... to the max! I could afford a used pair if I financed them over 10 years or sell a kidney. 😂. But he has the Treo CT’s too and has convinced me I would be very happy with them. I have decided to buy and not buy them alternately at least 50 times. Torturing myself is my main hobby.

He also turned me on to new music, and that is where my pleasure comes from now—discoveries. Streaming has rocked my world, and I have discovered more new artists and music than I ever thought possible. An embarrassment of riches!

Being a drummer, music for me. Sound is important for sure, it’s all got to hit the buttons. But I enjoy music on my system, in the car, headphones, live, you name it. The thing providing the sound is not the end all be all. Music first.

I'm a musician and songwriter, so music without question.

That said, I'm heavily involved in domestic and pro audio.

However, I can listen to music without a hi-fi system but I can't listen to my hi-fi system without music.

So, QED, music is most important to me.

It's the music first and we buy systems which hopefully will give us more from the moving piece of music we are hearing. Is there more enjoyment to be had from this wonderful musical piece or not. I have to know.