Luxman 595ASE

Got my Luxman 595ASE yesterday.. Serial #199. The Amp is magnificent with beautiful sound that you’d expect from a Luxman.. I realize some of you don’t care for the looks.. I was double minded. But now having it in person I find it so beautiful. I am glad I gave it a chance. There is not a single thing I would change in its appearance..

rman9

glad you are enjoying your luxman, they are beautifully made, sound terrific, real pride of ownership pieces, jewel like in construction ... they are indeed expensive but you get what you pay for, and the looks are classic/throwback...👍

Now start break in....

Enjoy that beautiful Integrated. And you're right not only a good appearance but also have a beautiful sound.

Have to admit I didn't like the look in pictures, but saw it in person recently and definitely agree it's a special, very nice looking piece of gear.

I was at my local dealer this past Saturday and he's had great success with the 595. To date he has sold 11 of them. Lots of Luxman fans in New England.

@luxmancl38 I am surprised your dealer was able to get his hands on that many 595ASEs.. I had thought Luxman was limiting it to 3 or 4 per dealer. But I guess they can order more.. I am in love with the thing, every time I turn it on and listen, invokes a gamut of emotions.. 

Agree @joncourage Now that I have it on the rack, I see it almost a center piece of the whole system. 

Why is Luxman still so expensive? The yen has depreciated roughly 20% over the past year vs USD.

So do you think that prices drop because the Yen has depreciated? REALLY?  You will NEVER in your lifetime see a Distributor LOWER the MSRP of any product due to inflation or currency devaluation.  Must be nice to live in OZ!!  Instead of complaining go buy a Luxman directly from Japan to save all the dough your whining about. Get a step up/down transformer and your all set.

Luxmancl38, may I ask which dealer?  As I am in New England and interested in this amp…

@plinko I am in the west coast, but I did a search for Luxman dealers in New England and came up with 'Audio Video Therapy LLC, 216 Daniel Webster Hwy Nashua, NH 03060' hope that helps..

Anyone still looking for a 595ASE. 

I’m running a pair of LS50 Meta and KC62 with the 595ASE and what a great combo! The 595 really makes the LS50 and KC62 sound like a floorstander. 

Great!  Got my wife the Luxman 509X.  I love it too, but because it's shiny, has large bright meters with bouncy needles.  It sounds terrific and I'm easily entertained by the aforementioned qualities.

I’ve had mine for a while it has maybe 100 hrs so far. It replaced an L590 that was here for about three years. I really enjoyed the 590, and it’s looks were elegant. Loved the dancing meters. 

The L595 takes the sound of the 590 a step or two further. Greater transparency. And more. I spoke with the buyer of my 590 and he said something I ultimately have to agree is the 590 pre section may let the amp section down a bit. The 595 cleans that up. 

It turned out to be a rather pricey but worthwhile change. I’m looking forward to getting more hours racked up on the 595.  It just keeps getting better. 

More to discover