Luxman 590axii vs Pass Labs int 60

Anyone had the opportunity to compare these specific amps? Both are "quasi Class A" amps. I auditioned the int 60 and was extremely impressed and even more so when hooked to the MSB ADC V. How does it compare to the Luxman 590axii? They seem to be in direct competition with each other. Which do you like best?
audiofound
I had the Luxman 590AXII before.  Outstanding built quality and excellent musicality.  Can't go wrong with Luxman.
You might find this forum interesting (see below). The last page kind of touches upon your question but is talking about the Pass Lab 250 integrated amp. A long thread but worth looking at. The bottom line was the OP said that the speakers and speaker cables made a huge difference influencing the sound of all the integrated amps he listened to but he didn't realize it until the end of his search. 
With that said I'm sure you would like either the Pass Lab 60 which I, unfortunately, have not heard and you would also be as happy with the Luxman 590 AXII which I own and like. I wish I could describe the difference in sound between the two integrated units, but I don't can't.
If you don't get any responses to your exact question you could always contact a dealer that carries both and ask them.
I strongly encourage the OP to listen for himself. I don't find these two units that close and feel strongly he'll have a strong choice as well. 

Speakers matter a great deal though, so if possible to audition with your own speakers you absolutely should.

Best,

Erik 
I think I know which one Erik prefers. Let your ears decide if possible. This is a great comparison as they are both on my short list. Don’t know if either of them can get me away from tubes though. 
I retired my last CJ tube preamp. I own the Luxman 550AX II and love it! I don't miss tubes at all, after 35 years of enjoying tube preamps.
Hey @mtdining -

Really curious which CJ preamp you had. :)

@mickeyb - One thing I learned about the Pass fans is they tend to listen to different speakers than I do, so that's why I suggested to the OP that speakers matter. :)
Eric, I did get to audition the int 60 but the only Luxman the dealer had was the 509x and not the 590axii. What are your thoughts on the int 60 vs 590axii?
audiofound, 
Since the dealer had the 509x, did you compare it to the Int60, and if so what did you think?
Yes, I did. They sound fairly different to my ears, the int 60 sounding more class A-ish. It has a class A bias up to 30 watts. The 509x sounded a little more analytical and transparent and accurate. As you might expect, it was more class A/B sounding. The int 60 sounded more colored and was smoother with a little more meat. That's how my ears heard them anyway.
I have the 509x now and really like it. I do not find it “analytical” in the sense it seems most people use the term in a somewhat negative connotation. It is not harsh for me, which is how I hear some amps others have described as analytical. Based on the audiodrom review the 590axii gives more “color” in the music which I think probably means a fully fleshed musical spectrum. Anyhow, I suspect you should give the 590axii a try, unless you just go ahead and spring for the Gryphon Diablo 300!
Hey audiofound -

I have the last new 507ux in the US. :) Got it for a song or I would not have been able to afford it.

I haven’t heard every Pass amp, but in general I don’t find them wonderful. I think this has a great deal to do with the speakers Pass and followers use.

The Luxman on the other hand has a tube like mid/treble sweetness with great extension at the ends of the frequency range. I don’t find them analytical, but I also don’t find them scratchy, something most Pass amps sound like to me.

I think it is absolutely imperative every buyer listen for themselves, because in the end, it's the pleasure you derive every night in your room, with your speakers and your loved ones that matters.

Best,
Erik
@audiofound, I wish I could answer the first question you asked but I have not heard the Pass Lab 60 integrated as I already mentioned above.
I do own the Luxman 590 AXII and the Allnic-T 1500 which is a tubed 300B with 12.5 watts of class A. The Luxman sounds as tube-like as possible for a solid-state amp with more power as compared to the Allnic. 
@Builder - I’m afraid I’ve never listened to more than the 509 and 507.

Good thing too, because the heat in my room and my pocket book could not afford it. :)

@audiofound - That’s the best way I know how to describe it. Like the high frequencies had extra distortion. I don’t want to make too much of it as some may not hear it or like it, but whatever I heard, it was not to my liking. In the dozen or so times that I have listened to Pass amps I’ve either heard that scratchiness, or heard a competent, warm sounding amp. In neither case a device I’d pull money out of my wallet for.

Listeners should use their own ears when evaluating all amps. If Pass is it for you, please go buy it, and respect my own choices for not. Thank you.
Thanks, Erik. I'd like to hear that 509. If you get a chance to check out the 590, take it. I bought mine used, it looked new, at less than half new retail. The heat is mostly a non-issue, other than the fact that I don't leave it on full time.
I recently purchased the 590axii for my focal 1038be.  I don’t have a direct comparison to INT60.  The 590axii has the warmth and 3d qualities of a tube amp but with the speed and bass response of a top tier solid state amp.  It 30w/per channel of class A.  The loudness button adds a bit of fun to the amp as it adds more bass and highs at low volumes.  Happy to answer any questions.
Liquidity, and ease of performing at both the deepest and highest notes are what got me with my Luxman. 

It would be great if Luxman could release a reference class A amplifier like Accuphase is about to do soon (E-800) . Unfortunately for many of us the Accuphase pricing in US is over the roof. So with Luxman pricing model something like Accuphase E-800 that will retails for 21k would cost several grand less.  
Considering luxman m700u vs Pass 150.8 right now. Any thoughts?
Also if I go the integrated route, 509X vs INT60.
You really should listen for yourself.

The three brands I repeatedly suggest people compare and contrast are:

• Ayre
  • Pass
  • Luxman

Mostly because I think if you do this you'll have such a strong opinion no one else's will matter.  They sound significantly different and using your own speakers is key.
I have auditioned pass labs int-250, Luxman 590axii and 509x. Not auditioned Pass labs int-60. 
I can say that Luxman 590axii is pure gold and musical. You will not go wrong with it and will thank everyone who have recommended. I have been reading audiogon discussion forums and that made audition Luxman 590 and 509. I am glad I auditioned them. Now I am big fan of Luxman, especially 590axii.. I have bought one and use them every day. So musical and tube like, you just don't stop listening. Don't go close to amp, they get heated up soon. I guess that is a feature of any class A. 
Anyone here using an external Preamp with the Luxman 590AX II? I'm curious how good the built in preamp is. I'm wondering what a good Tube pre would do to the sound. Maybe too lush??
The Luxman L-590AXII is very very good. I have it matched with Marten Duke 2 and it’s a magical combination. Heaven. I did consider the Pass Labs INT-60 but eventually got the Luxman. Apart from the excellent sound quality, it’s build like a tank and seems to be able to last forever. Bulletproof build quality.

If anyone desires a high quality integrated or wants to get off the merry-go-round of upgrades, this is it. There are other options such as Pass Labs, Gryphon or Vitus which come at a higher price if you want to spend more money.
The luxman 590axii’s pre-amp is mostly c-900u based, which is the best in luxman family.Very few integrated comes to this class. Gryphon Diablo, virus RI-101, Ayre. 
Romney8, that’s good to know.

If anyone is interested in the Luxman L-590AXII, spend some time reading these 2 reviews. In the first review, the lab report shows a power output of 95W/8ohm and 165W/4ohm

https://www.luxman.cz/data/test/test-en-l590axii-hifinews.pdf

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2018/11/25/hi-fi-review-luxman-590-axii-integrated-amplifier-review-b...
Romney,The C900U is NOT the best pre-amp in the Luxman lineup anymore if thats what you were saying. That belongs to the $20K+ CL1000
I owned both the Pass Labs INT-60 and Luxman 509x for an extended period. In terms of pure sound quality, to my ears I liked the Pass better. Richer tone, fuller but seems to have a good grip on things and a ton of power in reserve. Luxman seemed leaner and was missing something. I liked the all in one box solution offered by Luxman (headphone and phono preamp, plus old school tone controls, loudness, meters, etc.) Like Erik says, you’ve got to hear them yourself and better yet in your room with your gear. My speakers are Zu Audio Definition IV, VPI Classic 3 tt, Innuos ZENmini w/LPS and Phoenix Reclocker, Border Patrol SEi DAC. Had a Line Magnetic 219ia before those two integrateds that had the best sound of all but was like the high maintenance super hot girlfriend.

Had a Line Magnetic 219ia before those two integrateds that had the best sound of all but was like the high maintenance super hot girlfriend.
Jjgasp, you may want to read the review below. The reviewer had the Line Magnetic 219ia as his reference for many years but Luxman L-590AXII replaced it.

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2018/11/25/hi-fi-review-luxman-590-axii-integrated-amplifier-review-b...
509X sounds nothing like the 590AXII which is what the OP is asking about.

If you look here they are basically the same amp, using different rail voltage that's all, which gives different wattage's and biasing.
The 509 has a cover over the transformer also.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/gP0nqKbQWosy-DiN2-qMpDFVdUMyKiXRMD5mJkDFOdkGjdxLo8KNm4WJbxEU...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1040/6126/products/luxman-l-590axii-integrated-amplifier-luxman-2_...

Cheers George
George, the L-509X and L-590AXII are not the same amps. They are spec'ced different and sound different if you compare both in a demo.

Of course they are spec’ed different and sound different, one is a 120w-8ohm powerhouse because of the higher rails the other not. They have different + and - rail volts, different wattage, and different bias.

What I’m saying if you care to study both internals is, if the rails were the same voltage on both and both biased the same they would sound the same.

The only physical difference is the power transformers primary wingdings.

590axII
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/WZvXKTDwgZaj_Voh4gbYz8okG-mRK6WwZ_swA_KbkAYW11n5zvdOZGBmzkVP...

509X
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1040/6126/products/luxman-l-590axii-integrated-amplifier-luxman-2_714x700.jpg?v=1574670463

Cheers George
I compared the two and they both had The warm, class A clean sound I wanted without dealing with tubes. I would have been happy with either. Went with the Luxman for the extra features, A & B speakers, the headphone input, the MC input and the fact that it had tone and a loudness button with a line straight bypass. Of course many here will Scream about those items being included, but I had no desire to deal with buying and dealing with even more separate and costly equipment, plus interconnects. Love the loudness when playing at low levels also. I choose an integrated to begin with to avoid buying more stuff.  Go with the Pass if you don’t want or need the extra features, but I love having those extra features. Hope this helps.