Ebay selling my missing amplifier

8 months ago I sent an amplifier to europe for upgrades. The amp went missing and there were investigations that went unresolved. I happened to be searching on ebay and noticed the amp and when I magnified it Bingo the serial number was same. It is an ebay seller store that is listing it. Ebay has not yet responded after several attempts. What next?

128x128snook2

Long story short. A good friend had a bunch of his vintage, left handed basses stolen from his Long Beach, CA home. He filed a local police report. His favorite was a 60s Vox teardrop shaped bass. Over the next several years, he'd check on eBay for a replacement. About six years later, he found one. Close inspection indicated that it was his. He contacted the police in the US city where the seller had his shop (a musical instrument retailer). The police went to the shop, confiscated the bass and, after my friend agreed to pay the shipping, returned the bass to him.

Same as the above post, the seller was legit and had no idea that the bass was stolen as it passed through a few hands before it ended up with him.

I love happy endings. Best of luck to the OP.

Snook2 - sorry for your situation, but please keep us aware of the developments.

Moreover, but I am so impressed with the help/advice from the AG respondents.  Kudos to all!

I filed with Kansas City police dept. Lets see what happens. It was sent to Switzerland for upgrades when it went missing. Never made it out of U.S.

Thanks AGers

What a nightmare. The box is trashed, and who knows what kind of shape the amp is in. 

Curious what shipper you used?

In my business and personal experience with FedEx and UPS, insurance just means they look a little harder for the lost item, then refuse to pay.  

call the police in the country its listed, this is theft and something the police should deal with E-bay has little ability to do anything but take the add down.