Blown away by new Crimson 880 Amplifier and 710 Preamp!

Hi everyone! I recently bought a new pair of Crimson 640e4 amplifiers which replaced my Naim NAC 250, and also my McIntosh MC275.  It want even a close comparison as the Crimson are far superior. They were the most musical amplifiers that I’ve ever heard, until recently...

I was recently invited to a Grammy award winning recording engineer’s studio in Austin. He invited me over to hear the brand new.Crimson 880 amplifiers, with his 710 Preamp, and Tocaro 45 monitors, and assured me the 810 was the best power amp that he had ever heard.

Boy was he ever right, and it was a massive understatement. The system was the most musically engaging, toe tapping, dynamic, and high resolution system that I’ve ever heard.

I immediately placed my 640’s up for sale which sold in less than a day for 500$ more than I paid for them. I’ll be getting the 880’s from the new importer out of New England after a little wait. It’s a sizable investment for me but will be well worth it!

o
lancek
Also does anybody know of a 710 for sale? I have 72 that I can throw in plus cash...
As an owner of 710 and 640’s, I’m curious about the 880’s.  I can’t find anything on the internet about them.
Hi Gordon! They are just being released. Covid slowed everything down. They are hands down the most musically involving, and transparent amps that I’ve ever heard. I had one of my musician friends over the other day, who was floored by them. He will now be purchasing a pair of e4’s and possibly some Tocaro’s.  I simply cannot give the 880 enough praise! 
Between the crimson and the dnm gear out of England, I’m so curious… Love the lightweight minimalist design and form factor.