Devialet Expert 200: Not as well built as you might think.

The issue started with a design, manufacturing or assembly defect with the foot of my Expert 200, which stuck to the shelf as I lifted the amp and separated from it's internal attachment, which was now rattling loose within the chassis. This is not an uncommon problem (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet-bottom-foot-fell-off) and many have returned the unit for repair. Not having a local distributor, I did not want to go through the trouble and expense of shipping, etc., especially since I had read that removing the bottom plate was feasible (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Bad-feet) and there was no caution on the plate about "no user serviceable parts, do not remove, etc," The head of the eighth and last screw stripped as I tried to remove it, causing me to resort to drilling the screw and attempting to use an extractor.  This did not work because the screw was apparently also subject to a design, manufacturing or assembly defect (cross-threaded?), since the other seven were no problem. I ultimately had to destroy the head of the screw to remove the plate, leaving me with a short stub that even a vice-grips cannot grab. I was able to retrieve the loose bit and simply snapped it and the foot back together. I then replaced the plate with the remaining seven screws. The Devialet customer service rep offered to repair the unit at my expense or upgrade to a 220 at the usual and customary price ($4500). I recognize the role I played in the problem, but I am disillusioned with a company that charges $10K for a "premium" component and then uses a crummy $2.00 part that can disable it.  While they are within their rights to respond as they have, I do not regard them as a customer-oriented company. They certainly cannot hold a candle to the service one gets from many of the other high end manufacturers. Buyer beware.
tcutter
Citroen, Hah, that's a good one. Yes, I worked in the automotive industry many moons ago and am somewhat familiar with manufacturing eccentricities a la Francaise. 
It's understandable that the OP is upset with the way things played out but I really don't think it's accurate to characterize Devialet as a company selling poorly made products or utilizing substandard materials. Anyone experienced working with metal and machinery knows all metal fabrication work regardless of cost and quality can be ruined by a cross threaded screw installation. Devialet and the OP were both victims of a technician's poor assembly technique. The issue of whether Devialet's resolution offers were adequate is another subject. 
I would be pissed too. I don’t think this guy is whining, he was treated badly by the company he gave a lot of money to. I thank him for the warning.
Post removed 
It's called "greed" and taking advantage of your brother's and sister's passion.
Sorry to hear about this problem. I can't understand why some companies that charge higher prices cut corners on quality and durability. Shame on them. Thanks for the information.
@elizabeth , well I can't add anything to that even if I wanted too. Thanks for the smile.
Post removed 
I find it a bit ironic that someone finds the time to whine about someone they perceive as whining. I don't blame the op for voicing their displeasure, I would be pissed too. Just sayin.
Post removed