Devialet Expert 200: Not as well built as you might think.

The issue started with a design, manufacturing or assembly defect with the foot of my Expert 200, which stuck to the shelf as I lifted the amp and separated from it's internal attachment, which was now rattling loose within the chassis. This is not an uncommon problem (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet-bottom-foot-fell-off) and many have returned the unit for repair. Not having a local distributor, I did not want to go through the trouble and expense of shipping, etc., especially since I had read that removing the bottom plate was feasible (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Bad-feet) and there was no caution on the plate about "no user serviceable parts, do not remove, etc," The head of the eighth and last screw stripped as I tried to remove it, causing me to resort to drilling the screw and attempting to use an extractor.  This did not work because the screw was apparently also subject to a design, manufacturing or assembly defect (cross-threaded?), since the other seven were no problem. I ultimately had to destroy the head of the screw to remove the plate, leaving me with a short stub that even a vice-grips cannot grab. I was able to retrieve the loose bit and simply snapped it and the foot back together. I then replaced the plate with the remaining seven screws. The Devialet customer service rep offered to repair the unit at my expense or upgrade to a 220 at the usual and customary price ($4500). I recognize the role I played in the problem, but I am disillusioned with a company that charges $10K for a "premium" component and then uses a crummy $2.00 part that can disable it.  While they are within their rights to respond as they have, I do not regard them as a customer-oriented company. They certainly cannot hold a candle to the service one gets from many of the other high end manufacturers. Buyer beware.
tcutter
Post removed 
I find it a bit ironic that someone finds the time to whine about someone they perceive as whining. I don't blame the op for voicing their displeasure, I would be pissed too. Just sayin.
Post removed 
@elizabeth , well I can't add anything to that even if I wanted too. Thanks for the smile.
Sorry to hear about this problem. I can't understand why some companies that charge higher prices cut corners on quality and durability. Shame on them. Thanks for the information.
It's called "greed" and taking advantage of your brother's and sister's passion.
Post removed 
I would be pissed too. I don’t think this guy is whining, he was treated badly by the company he gave a lot of money to. I thank him for the warning.
It's understandable that the OP is upset with the way things played out but I really don't think it's accurate to characterize Devialet as a company selling poorly made products or utilizing substandard materials. Anyone experienced working with metal and machinery knows all metal fabrication work regardless of cost and quality can be ruined by a cross threaded screw installation. Devialet and the OP were both victims of a technician's poor assembly technique. The issue of whether Devialet's resolution offers were adequate is another subject. 
Citroen, Hah, that's a good one. Yes, I worked in the automotive industry many moons ago and am somewhat familiar with manufacturing eccentricities a la Francaise.