Dan D'Agostino S250 MxV enough power for Wilson Audio Alexia V

Do you think the Dan D'Agostino S250 MxV will provide enough power at 250 watts stereo for the Wilson Audio Alexia V speakers? 

Speakers say 90 dB @ 1 Watt @ 1 Meter @ 1kHZ.  But at 1kHZ the speakers impedance is 6 ohms.  What happens to the sensitivity at 85 HZ when the speaker impedance is closer to 2.5 ohms?  I guess at 2 ohms the S250 says it will put out 1,000 watts.  

chauncey

I had the Alexia in my system.  Rarely did it need more than 35-60 watts to drive them to 85-90db  sound level.  So yes the Dan will be more than adequate.

@carey1110 

My S250 is driving my Alexia V no problem.  At about half way on the meter it's incredibly loud.  I feel like at full power I might blow drivers?  I'm not sure I've seen the meter go to 3/4 power level.  But I'm not sure how fast the analog meter responds to peak levels?  I've watched real time power on a digital QSC Q-SYS amplifier before and it's crazy how fast a quick power spike goes from 50 watts to 1200 watts then back down....

I use a Pass Labs 250.8 to power my Sabrina X’s, which have similar power demands, with no problem whatsoever!

Hopefully it's enough for the Alexia V!  My last amp the Levinson 33H monoblocks were only 150 watts.

@rick2000 I just received my PS Audio BHK preamp again from service and now I'm giving up on tube equipment, I love the sound but constantly rotating and buying tubes I give up. I have a Lyngdorf processor and it sounds great, what can you tell me about the Steinway preamp if you have any experience with it, I just want tube sound without the tube and the noise. Thanks

I’m using the Pass Labs X-260.8 monos with my Sasha DAWs.  More than enough power.  Powerful bass and they never break a sweat. The DAWs are 91dB at 1W 1 meter. 

I think it would. Perhaps your dealer would let you try one with your set up first?

ozzy

I would take the Steinway Lyngdorf Model B Speaker System over any other stereo system on Planet Earth 🤩😍😃

No need to spend five-figures for D'Agostino! Buy the Peachtree 500 for $1400. 680wpc@4ohms from a load-invariant class D amp.