Best small used monitors under $1000

What what speakers and associated equipment integrated, cables etc. Small room approx 10x12. What speakers make you want to listen for hours and forget about the equipment or the endless search.
Brian

128x128brianportugal
Seikosha! Do you know anything about the argo2 vs the Helium 2 by Anphion? Sonically and cost.
brian

@brianportugal 

I've never heard any of the Argon's.  I know they use completely different drivers, so I have no idea if they sound similar to the Helium's.
I have a room just a bit larger, 11.5 x 13.5.
The best speakers I've ever had in this room were Boston Acoustics T-830s; but they are a small floorstander.
Other stars were/are the Genesis Physics model 7 for their crystalline clarity; but a bit shy on bass.
PSB Imagine XB. All the bass you can handle and smooth, sweet vocals.
What I'd like to try: NHT C3s, but then I'm partial to acoustic suspensions.
https://www.nhthifi.com/products/16546-c-3-bookshelf-loudspeaker#specs
Well as akg ca said the Rega 1 family are speakers you can listen to 24 hours a day and never get listener  fatigue , dead natural with a 1 cap X-over , easy to drive and  to look at .
On of the best buys ever in audio !
Triangle Titus 202.   First version.   OUTSTANDING small monitors.  Very efficient and work extremely well with tubes.  Bass response is limited below 60hz, while treble is very extended.  Some say they can sound bright.  I find them to be natural.   Lightning bolt fast transient response.  They image extremely well in depth and width.  I would pair them with a tube amp, or a warm class A SS amp.   Once positioned correctly they will disappear.
I just purchased a pr of used Von Schweikert VR1s in very nice condition. They sound amazing with the Primaluna. Still wonder how the Quad 12L and Spendor S 3/5 compare to the S3/5r2. Any have or hear these?
Thanks 
Brian
I’ve owned the 3/5, 3/5r, 3/5r2 and the SA1. They all sound very similar except for the SA1, which was brighter than the rest. BTW, I now use the Harbeth P3ESR that I like better than the Spendors or any other LS3/5A type speaker that I have owned!
Thanks Yogiboy. I'd love to listen to a really good LS 3/5a but there are too many fakes.  Of the spenders which did you like the best?
@ brianportugal
Like I said,all of them are very similar. The later models have a tad more bass. If you don’t like your 3/5’s then I doubt you will like the newer ones. BTW,what fakes are you talking about?
Hello

Monitor Audio Studio 2/ Great Detail and Fokus one of Best Tweeters ever..
Triangle Comete/with MF David or Mission Cyrus Amp and
Tube Amps a great Combo.
Reference 3A midi master/for me the best Compact Speaker ever.

Greetings,
Stephan 

Hi yogi boy, there are many ls 3/5as with replaced parts or parts that aren't correct. I had purchased a pair of chart wells and Doug Stirling thought the units were not correct. 
I do like my Spendor s3/5s just want it more forward and better highs. They are very musical and I enjoy them. The vr1s are very different and are more forward  with nice highs. But the spendors are easy to listen to.

I have the original 3/5 spendors not the r or later model. The one enjoy the music reviewed.

In your size room, KEF LS-50 without a doubt. Readily available for under $1000. What some consider a lack of dynamics is actually accuracy - a lack of 'boom and sizzle'. Definitely helps if you have a solid 75-100w/Ch amp. Solid stands are required.