Best small used monitors under $1000

What what speakers and associated equipment integrated, cables etc. Small room approx 10x12. What speakers make you want to listen for hours and forget about the equipment or the endless search.
Brian

128x128brianportugal

Showing 11 responses by brianportugal

Hi yogi, I have a pair of s 3/5 spendors. They sound a little veiled. I have to try with solid state. It might be the speaker itself since I purchased used.

mapman I have followed you journey with the audio note kit and really enjoyed it. What is your current system?

i have minuet supreme plus in the office with a Yamaha rx 777 and like those but was wondering about the quad12l. 

Im more curious about others systems and the synergies. 
Seikosha, which amphion heliums do you like and what equipment..? We have very similar taste in equipment.

I still have my omega 3xrs and really love them, what are you using now for single driver speakers and associated equipment?

brian

Seikosha! Do you know anything about the argo2 vs the Helium 2 by Anphion? Sonically and cost.
brian

I just purchased a pr of used Von Schweikert VR1s in very nice condition. They sound amazing with the Primaluna. Still wonder how the Quad 12L and Spendor S 3/5 compare to the S3/5r2. Any have or hear these?
Thanks 
Brian
Thanks Yogiboy. I'd love to listen to a really good LS 3/5a but there are too many fakes.  Of the spenders which did you like the best?
I have the original 3/5 spendors not the r or later model. The one enjoy the music reviewed.

Hi yogi boy, there are many ls 3/5as with replaced parts or parts that aren't correct. I had purchased a pair of chart wells and Doug Stirling thought the units were not correct. 
I do like my Spendor s3/5s just want it more forward and better highs. They are very musical and I enjoy them. The vr1s are very different and are more forward  with nice highs. But the spendors are easy to listen to.