Best small used monitors under $1000

What what speakers and associated equipment integrated, cables etc. Small room approx 10x12. What speakers make you want to listen for hours and forget about the equipment or the endless search.
Brian

128x128brianportugal

Showing 4 responses by seikosha

Although I'm a single driver guy, I do have a second system where I'm constantly fooling around with more conventional setups using small speakers.

My current favorites are Amphion Heliums.  I've had many of the suggested speakers on this thread (P3esr, LS50, Silverline Minuet + among others) and the Amphion is definitely my favorite.  Currently using them with a Nuprime STA-9 and a Schiit Saga preamp.
Hi brianportugal,

Its the Amphion Helium 2 that I listen to in my second system.  My main system consists of the Omega Alnico monitor driven by Quicksilver Horn Mono amplifiers.  I really need to update my systems page.
Nuprime sta-9 amp and Schiit Saga preamp.  I also have a Rega Brio but prefer the Nuprime with the Amphion.
@brianportugal 

I've never heard any of the Argon's.  I know they use completely different drivers, so I have no idea if they sound similar to the Helium's.