Amplifier that visually matches Thorens TD-160

I have a lovely Thorens TD-160. I would like to get an amplifier (or a receiver) from the same period that visually matches the minimalist Thorens.

many thanks in advance for any suggestions. 
defiantboomerang
The Thorens is not only a very good turntable, but it is indeed a beauty too. The style is European modernist, and the brand of the day that comes to mind as the best visual match would be Tandberg. However, I don’t know where you live or, if you are in the US, Tandberg were ever exported to the US. From an esthetic point of view my personal favourites of the day were the Braun models designed by the famous industrial designer Dieter Rams. I don’t think their design was ever equalled to this day.
Alternatives from the same period would be Quad amplifiers like the 34/405-2, and unlike the Tandberg and Braun units these were of course exported to the US. All gear from this period should be completely refurbished, of course.
A modern alternative that would be a pretty good visual match would indeed be Yamaha, with its ultra clean modernist styling. A receiver like the Yamaha RN 803d is an excellent 2x100 watt rms amplifier, and in the bargain you get a lot of modern features like digital inputs, apps for streaming services, airplay, dlna compatibility and room equalization. Plus a MM phono input. In short, it really is a no brainer that combines a quite compatible esthetic with modern technology - and without breaking the bank.
I think a tube integrated would look best. Try Jolida. You need both the tubes and transformers showing.
@yogiboy 

@willemj 

Many thanks, all great suggestions. I am intrigued about those vintage Yamaha's. They look like perfect fits to the turntable.

Just a follow up question -- did Thorens make some matching amplifiers?

@raymonda 

Don't know much about Jolida. What model do you suggest?
@defiantboomerang
Thorens only made turntables and music boxes. Another brand that would match well would be vintage Luxman gear !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhQYjVDKjF8
@yogiboy 

Thanks. That is a pity. I'm sure they would have made great amplifiers as well.
Thorens make amps. I believe they make a range of phono amps. They used to make some very expensive power amps. 

Not from the same period, but I think it matches the Thorens look. https://www.stereophile.com/content/cayin-sp-10a-integrated-amplifier

They make a few other models with wood chassis elements as well.
Sherwood made receivers in the 70's, if you could find one of those classic units it would be a awesome looking combo. Some JBL Century 100's too :-)

This place sells TONS of classic gear, call Robert Johnson for a Sherwood or Yamaha or Pioneer. Also, Classic McIntosh gear looks awesome with the TD160 as well.

www.soundgalleryaustin.com

Matt M