100V Accuphase/Luxman with transformer??

I am intrigued with the idea of getting a Luxman or Accuphase from Japan and using a transformer.   This would just be "on a lark" and would not be my main system.

Has anyone listened to one of the major Japanese brands using a 110/100 transformer?

chinook9

You will have to spend $100+ for shipping plus the regular price. Along with having to buy a step-down transformer. Why bother?

Just not worth the trouble. There are plenty of good choices available near you.

With the Dollar so strong against the YEN you can get Luxman or Accuphase at probably 60%-70% off the MSRP in Japan that it is here in the USA.  Not sure what JasonBourne is talking about. Shipping would probably cost 500-1000 alone.   DISK UNION in Japan has multiple stores in many different cities that features Luxman, Accuphase, Esoteric and other Japan brands.  You use to be able to get an Accuphase E-800 for around 6K there and that was before the USA Dollar began spiking.  I bet the Luxman 595A is probably around that price as well.

there is no need for sd transformer for accuphase, those can be switched easily internally to US/EU voltages. 

Thats true but you better have somebody that knows how to switch those wires around. I wouldnt recommend a novice doing it!!