Will McIntosh C2600 tube preamp solve my problem?

I'm a newby, having resurfaced to hifi after 35 years of raising a family and all the expenses associated with that.  I recently purchased B&W 802 D3 speakers because I loved their clarify and crisp high-end sound.  Soon after, my 35 year-old Adcom amp died so I replaced it with the Rotel RB-1590 that I have paired with my 35 year-old Rotel preamp.  The sound is very good, but I'm looking to warm it up a bit.  My weak link is my preamp and a local McIntosh dealer recommended the C2600.  Due to my lack of knowledge, I'm clueless of tubes versus solid state and even more uninformed of how the C2600 would pair with my Rotel amp.  Any advise would be helpful.  And please, keep it as simple as possible.
rickbyrd
Welcome back...My first recommendation is sell the amp,put the funds together and get yourself a good Tube Integrated Amplifier!For your speakers I would say something from Primaluna,Rogue Audio,VTL(IT85) or Cary(SLI80)...
Unless you have a big system & need lots of inputs you save space & eliminate an I/C & power cord...
I don’t think a tube integrated is a good match for 802D3’s, and especially for someone who purchased said speakers for their crisp highs.

The C2600 is $7K.  The review from Enjoythemusic.com noted that the C2600 was limited at both frequency extremes.  So, probably not the right tool for what you want to do. However, if the dealer will let you try before you buy, why not!

Do you really need a dac included?  That’s part of the price of the C2600.

Do you only want new, or open to purchasing used?  How about other features such as a remote, phono stage, true balanced outputs?

What are your listening levels and music preferences?  With a lot more information, I and others may be able to assist.

The C2600 will likely warm things up a little. Does the dealer offer a return policy? Is this the same dealer where you purchased the B&W’s? and the Rotel? One of the higher powered McIntosh integrated amps would be a great idea, however I cannot recommend an all tube integrated amp. The measurements and comments in Stereophile’s review of the 803 D3 suggest it is a demanding load and not suited for a tube power amp.
All good questions.  Yes, I'm open to used.  And yes, good suggestion to "demo" the C2600--I'll ask.  You ask about dac, yet sorry, not exactly sure what that is (I was serious about being limited in knowledge--much has changed in 35 years). No need for phono stage.  Don't know what "true balanced outputs" are......  Listening levels are low to medium and I listen to 70s classic rock, jazz, some contemporary musicians with strong vocals like Adele, Bareilles, Norah Jones, Krall--a wide variety of interest, but nothing heavy and loud. 
In your situation, it seems that a good approach may be, the simpler, the better, since it is going to take a while to get back "up to speed" on everything. Using a tube amp definitely doesn’t fall into the simpler category, as there are more speaker compatibility concerns to be addressed, and also because the tubes themselves at some point will need attention.

For you, I like the idea of an easy to use solid state integrated amp. McIntosh makes some really nice ones, and the new Anthem STR integrated looks nice as well. Both should have what it takes to drive the 803s decently.  With regard to your interest in "warming up" your sound, you should know that the McIntosh MA 8900 integrated amp includes extensive tone controls, so that you can tailor the sound to your liking.

I’m surprised that a dealer suggested a tube amp for those speakers. Also, I strongly recommend getting out to as many dealers as you can to see what’s out there now days, and, at this level of equipment, I’d suggest working with a dealer for future purchases. It’s real easy to purchase equipment that does not complement very well the equipment you already have, such as the 803s.
Please note that the C2600 is not an "amp", it's a tube "preamp".  Also, several respondents are referring to 802 D3 and I have 802 D3 speakers. It may not make a difference, but I wanted to point out exactly what I have since there's some confusion.  Thanks for everyone's help thus far.
"Also, several respondents are referring to 802 D3 and I have 802 D3 speakers."

Sorry, my post was a typo. The Stereophile review was for the 802 D3. 

What are you using for the source component?

Ah, well, then the 2600 might be a great pre-amp option.  You should be able to find a lot of nice power amps to drive the 803s. 
A dac is a digital to analog converter.  If records are your only or primary source you likely don’t need to pay for that feature.  However, if you are using an old CD player and it has a digital output you may find a modern dac offers an improvement.

Your Rotel RB 1590 is 350 Watts per channel which is more than enough power for a large speaker like your 802 D3’s.

The RB 1590 is not specified as a dual differential amp so the XLR inputs are likely just a convenience. So a preamp with RCA inputs and outputs will work.  However, there is one problem.  The input impedance via RCA is a very low 12k ohms while the XLR is 100K.  Most tube preamps will be compromised seeing 12K ohms.  So that means a preamp with XLR output connections would likely offer the best performance.  Preamps so configured are more expensive plus you will need a quality set of XLR cables to connect to your RB 1590.

Does this help or add to the confusion?
Don't understand the question of "what is my source component".  Can you be more specific?  Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Don't understand the discussion of "XLR output connections", but yes, it does help because I can research what you mean and ask my local dealers.
“Source” is analog like a record player, or digital like a CD player.

RCA connectors are what you are familiar with like what is on your old preamp, just one hole in the middle with a barrel for the cable to grip on the outside.

XLR’s have three pin holes and appear completely different than an RCA connection.  The connecting cables are completely different in appearance.

I know this is a old post I am responding to. @ rickbyrd
So what did you end my buying?? I was going to buy the C-2600 preamp to pair with Tube mono Blocks.
It has a DAC if that is useful. As the model advances into new version I notice they improve the DAC part and analog part remain the same with very subtle change. Then you are stuck with the older DAC and to upgrade it is expensive. Try to use DAC as separate component, you could buy a new one and sell your old one. Or get a used C2500 if DAC is not important and save $$$
I am  looking at Audio Research LS 28 and the older REF 5SE. LS does not have tube on the power side so it is like Hybrid. But the sales guy says LS 28 is"better than the REF 5SE". I am not sure if this is just a marketing gimmick !!!! Audi Research is good in doing this bringing out newer LS model and terming it Better than the previous REF.  Showing some "measurement values"that may not make sense to many, this is contradictory to 
"these words by owner of ARC William Johnson( he is no more)
With "[T]he measurement techniques we use today really don't necessarily tell you about the sound quality. Obviously, if it measures badly, it isn't going to sound good. But the simple fact that it measures well doesn't assure that it will sound good."
Not sure if ARC is falling the founders words.

The suggestion to get a tube integrated is a smart move, since you like your speakers, but are tube presentation curious.

Based on the price of the Mac, you will have great choices. I wouldn't get hung up on where it's manufactured as well. U.S.A. China...wherever. Get advice from a dealer, who can support you after the purchase.
Much has changed since my March 2018 original post.  I "finally" found a local dealer that listened to me and gave me several options (some to try free via demo equipment) and took care of me throughout the process.  Fast forward to today and I have my new (bought last year) Rotel RB-1590 amp in storage until I use it to power my center channel (bi-amp) "if" I ever go beyond a 2-channel system.  My current power is supplied by two MacIntosh mono blocks (MC-611) and my preamp is MacIntosh C52 (solid state).  I also added 2 REL S/5 SHO subs.  I love the overall sound of my system now, but will eventually explore adding a DAC and better speaker wires.  I'm sure most people on this website understand how trying to "warm it up a bit" a year ago got out of control as one thing led to another.  If you don't, go read the children's book "If You Give a Moose a Muffin".