Why high-end cable manufacturers don't post measurements?

I'd like to get your take on why high-end manufacturers don't post measurements? would you like to see how a cable measure before ....does it matter to you?
128x128scar972
Start low and move up slowly till desired result achieved.
Cost has ZERO correlation to sonic quality as RESULTS ARE DEPENDENT ON THE REST OF THE SYSTEM!

Why bother with tiny batteries attached to tiny cables when you can just get battery cables instead?
Hilarious how all of you ignored the only gold nugget in this thread posted by  elliottbnewcombjr

I chose to believe in the concept of small diameter, individually insulated multi-strand, to minimize the 'Skin' effect of single or twisted strands of non-insulated small diameter strands. (Cat 5 like, what I use)

excerpt:

" Skin effect in audio cables is the tendency for high frequency signals to travel more on the surface than in the center of the conductor, as if the conductor were a hollow metal pipe.[3] This tendency, caused by self-inductance, makes the cable more resistant at higher frequencies, diminishing its ability to transmit high frequencies with as much power as low frequencies. As cable conductors increase in diameter they have less overall resistance but increased skin effect."
That's right!  Cat 5 or 6 is as good as money can buy!

But, it's easier to be fooled than believe you've been fooled (and robbed blind).
First the disclosure. I am an engineer and I have been working in the research and development of technical products since the early 70's. One of the issues that always comes up is "why is your product better" and a few people will ask "can you put a number on it".

Audio products present a unique challenge, everyone has an opinion on what is best. So, how do you even go about developing a scale of "goodness" when there is no agreement on what is good. When you consider basics like impedance it is not difficult to produce a cable that meets the requirements to perform the basic function of transmitting a signal well, so why bother publishing this information. On the other hand, why would an engineer tell anyone, outside of the decision group, about any measurements which may be useful in developing a competing product?

If you have ever been involved in doing blind testing to determine the performance level of a system, you are probably aware of the difficulties in analyzing such data. There are ways to do this type of analysis, using such an analysis in developing a scale which will predict the performance of a system is more than a little elusive. Maybe, just maybe, a study of the history of the development of cables will yield some insight into this issue. The major issue in developing a scale is, what is better in terms of the performance.