Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Check out the bass licks on track 7 also at 1 min and 30 sec. Sounds a little like a Rush song.

N
If your into the Spocks Beard album mentioned above,  check out the bass guitar licks on track 6. The leads of Neil are great also. Neil plays the lead without a pick!

N
Started the day with-
Spocks Beard, "Breif Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep". Entire albumn. I've seen Spocks beard with Dream Theater at Bogarts in Cincinnati. Amazing show.
Chicago, "The Chicago Transit Authority". Entire albumn. 

N
bg1968-
The Cult is touring promoting their new albumn. I don't have it yet. Have you heard it? 

radfrad, ghosthouse,
The closest to me that Trower will be touring is over two hours away. Unfortunately I will miss him this time around. Don't know how much longer the guy will be around. 

ghosthouse, 
I'm still glad your digging Glenn Hughes. He's one in a million. 

facten,
Im unfamiliar with your selections but I am going to check them out.

sotaphile, 
I'm  a big Santana fan. Even with Neil Sean. I've seen CSN twice. 

raymonda,
As I've stated earlier in the thread, Tommy Bolin was great. I like the "Private eyes"
albumn also. However for some reason "Lotus" from Teaser speaks to me when played at an appropriate level. Not the best recording on CD but it still rocks.

N

Trower is coming to our little college town.  Got a ticket.  Small venue.  Hope it is a good show.  

Listening to Glenn Hughes' "Addiction"...harrowing and powerful. 
Tommy Bolin, private eyes is one of the best rock albums of all time. Get a clean first pressing and the sound quality is also very good.

Last night I listened to the first two sides of the Santana Moonflower record and then had a yen for the first David Crosby-Graham Nash record, both on vinyl.

This morning I put on the Sirius XM Real Jazz station.  There's nothing like a little jazz early on a Sunday morning!

I agree with Slaw, early Fleetwood Mac is not to be missed.  The MOFI Surrealistic Pillow is also a treat!

I agree for all participated
I personally got  many new artists name s from this thread that I need to check out

R
 I would like to thank everyone who takes time to participate in this activity. 

N
This afternoon my wife took over the remote. Here was her play list.
Marvin Gay, "what's going on".
Stevie Wonder "Songs in the key of life". 
Diana Krall, "Love scenes". 

N

slaw, 

Please reconsider your decision. Your knowledge and experience will be missed.

Best regards, 
Nutty
Clyde Hopkins - Cd's Don't Mistreat a Friend, Lonesome Road & Cross Country

Blues Gold - compilation of 40 songs by various artists

Billy Cox & Buddy Miles - The Band of Gypsys Return (some great guitarts on this cd
All.
I felt the need to explain...

I grew up on R&R. I understand the music and how it affects .

( I have Triumph, Uriah Heep, etc...), out the wazoooo....)

I also know that there's much more music out there to be discovered.

I tried to be the "conduit" here. It seems to have failed.

I value my time spent on these types of matters and, such, I have decided to move on.

Good luck to you all and I hope your musical horizons will be expanded!

Slaw.

Nutty

Robin Trower
Touring now the East USA spring 2016.   Now  Now. now
West side USA 2017
Depending where you live

Check his website for location venue.  Basically Colorado East

R
All,

I get the feeling, my posts may be overlooked.

Good luck to you all and Happy Listening!
Today:

The Doors "S/T" , "Strange Days" (DCC lps)
Ryley Walker "Primrose Green"
Doobie Brothers "Living On The Fault Line"
re-listened to MOFI "Nashville Skyline"

Nutty: I recently listened to  "The Bends" & "Strong Persuader" as well.

Cheers!

Nutty, love The Cult saw them a couple times in the late 80's early 90's. Once they opened for Metallica and blew them off the stage, Ian was laying down sing during Love Removal Machine. One of my favorite shows ever. 

Check out a band called The Front S/T they were short lived but always remind me of a mix of The Cult,The Doors with a bit of Idol thrown in.

https://youtu.be/fcRlONs0Ohs

radfrad,

Great set list last night. You know I’m a huge Trower fan. We began this thread because of his work.

This a.m. I began with Radiohead ", The Bends".
Iron Maiden’s first albumn , "Killers".
Counting Crows, "August and everything after".
Robert Cray, "Strong Persuader" is up next.

N
So far tonight

Supertramp-Chrime of the Century. LP
Rush-Once Under Pressure. LP
Creedence Gold. LP
Madonna -Ray of Light. LP
Robin Trower-Guitar Bandit. LP .   Great great album!!!

R
2112? Hell yeah!

I'm thinking, Rush S/T is one of the greatest "freshmen" lps ever!

Of course, on A'gon, it gets No Love.
slaw, 

I'm with you on Rush. One of my fav albumns. 2112 next. 

How about The Cult?  Any fans. Ian Astbury is a total rock star. Billy Duffy, (under rated.) "Sweet soul sister", " Love removal machine", "Edie ". The list goes on. 

N
Just in case.. the above reference was lost....

I'm cueing up Rush S/T lp

Have a great one all!
oleschool, 

Thanks for the correction. I got ahead of myself. Ian Anderson is obviously the man. The tour is currently billed as Jethro Tull With Ian Anderson.  So it should be fantastic. 

slaw, 

You've been busy today ! I've heard some but not all of your list. I'll give thsm a listen. 

I also need to check out the Marsalis/Clapton. Thank you.  

So far today I've listened to the self titled "Joe Satriani". Great sounding on CD. Has anyone heard it on LP? And also Faith no More "The real thing".

N

..well I know why, cause I need to be fulfilled in all of the musical ways that I have to enjoy!

for whatever reason, I just put on The Spinners  "S/T" MOFI.

Go figure?
If you're interested, see my review of the MOFI, Bob Dylan "Nashville Skyline" 45 rpm on the (Bob Dylan MOFI) thread.

Cheers!
So far today:
Esperanza Spalding "Junjo"
Spoon "They Want My Soul", "Ga, Ga, Ga, Ga, Ga"
Blur "The Magic Whip" (if you haven't checked this on out, you need to"
David Gilmour "S/T"  (UK-Harvest), yeah!
The Golden Suits "S/T"
Steppenwolf "S/T" (Analog Productions)
Russ ballard yes . I grew up listening to alot of progressive rock .. Tull ,floyd,genesis etc 
Ian anderson fronts the band "jethro tull" seen them many times over the years 
Tull is a genius, with over 40 albumns in his catalog. He is playing in at the Aronoff center in Cincinnati on April 12th. Just miles from my home. 

Listened to Rick Braun, "Full Stride". And I just finished Russ Ballard, "Barnet Dogs". Ever heard it?

N
Jethro tull  ....songs from the woods... rattling the windows :)
 nutty yes ufo sightings on my system for sure..

Nutty,

You inspired me this time with the AW. I'm cleaning my lp of Duffy "Rockferry" as I write this.
The last couple of days I have been listening to mostly movie sound tracks from the 1950s , 1960s and 1970s ,.

Repeating myself rad, but I definitely agree with you on how good that S/T Rory Gallagher sounds. It just makes me wonder why EVERYTHING can’t sound that good. A subject for a whole ’nother thread I suppose....
If you could find the CD used for cheap, might be worth it for that 1 track. Have fun.

Baroness "Red".
One of new bands with talented mixture of metal jazz and prog.
Peter Gabrial- So.

Elton John- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Lit- (1 song), "My own worst enemy".

N
Ghost house- "Gypsy Woman" is not on this LP.  But boy does this recording
come across as some of the best sounding  recording among my entire collection.
Maybe  350 LP and 200 CD.  My LP collection I purchased back in late 70's and into 80's.  Then I got into Cd cuz that was the rage.  80's 90's.  A lot are duplicate CD LP. Same artists.  I now buy more LP as a first choice now
Collection is nearly all classic Rock & Roll

R
I dusted off "Peggy Suicide" by Julian Cope last night. I had forgotten what a weird dude he is, but also enjoyed the music a lot. Cope definitely has the Iggy Pop/Bowie vibe going on this one. 
radfrad - just catching up with some of the earlier posts in this thread.  The original release of that self-titled Rory Gallagher you are talking about goes back to 1971 and is WELL recorded for sure.  That comes across very much even on CD.  It was his first solo release after his band, Taste, broke up.  Does your version have, "Gypsy Woman"?  That's a great track for bass (bonus on the CD).  Unfortunate that not all his later stuff is up to par sonically (though the music and playing are compelling).  Have you tried his, "Tattoo" yet?  Well worth it for A Million Miles Away alone.  Glad to see another RG fan made.  Wish he were still around. 
slaw,

The baby's? I have got to locate my copy of Union Jacks! You have inspired me.

N