Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
This evening so far-
Bad Co., various songs but I especially enjoyed "Deal with the Preacher". 
The Temptations, various songs but I have "Get Ready" stuck in my head!
The Rasberries, because "Go all the way" ......rocks!

N
D.O.A. War on 45.
That dynamic punk rock EP on Alternative Tentacles got my morning workout SUPER good.

radfrad, oblgny-

I listened to Humble Pie on the 16th. Love the band pre and post Frampton. I also mentioned Julian Sas above. Check his CD Bound to roll. He does a cover of "30 days in the hole" that is dynamite. Also covers Rory Gallagher, "Shadow Play" and Bob Dylan, "Highway 61 revisited". The rest of the disc is gret as well.

N
Wow - Humble Pie!

Great to see some people still listen to them - they were my first live concert in 9th grade.  (This was a post-Frampton membership show at CW Post College on Long Island.)

"Live At The Fillmore" remains today as one of the very few great live recordings.  (Hell,. I even created a ringtone on my cell from "Four Day Creep's"  opening salvo.) It is as much a testimony to the band's awesome live performance as it is to the Fillmore East - you can actually HEAR the space...

"Even you people,  behind the glass plates at the back of the hall..."

R. I. P. Mr Marriott.  

Genesis Three Sides Live
Montrose. Paper Money
UFO. Force It
Guns & Roses.    Bact to Back
Humble Pie. Smokin

R

Next up- 

Jake E. Lee. Former Ozzy guitarist.  I listened to Badlands, "Voodoo Highway", (1991). I like " WhiskeyDust". 

Jake's newest band is called Red Dragon Cartel. I don't own it so I can't rate it.

N

Little River Band-Greatest Hits, Black Sabbath-Heaven and Hell,  Depech Mode-Music for the Masses, next up ??
Steve Morse, "New Years Day". (U2 cover)

For all of the Glenn Hughes lovers out there, there is GH Holiday music available. 

N

"Why?" - Ginger Baker.  
Baker's short-lived fame in the rock realm does an injustice to his overall career. His personality never helped him in any way, either. 
Both those sentiments aside, he deserves recognition for his artistry and sensibilities on the kit; serious good stuff here. 

"Ghosts Of Highway 61" - Lucinda Williams
I personally find the production a little murky on her latest but what the hell.  If I bought records solely on that basis I'd have a piss poor music collection.  An excellent rainy day record - maybe some whiskey as well. 

You guys are listing so many artists  that I have not heard of
I am checking on them

I especially liked Blacmore w DP and Rainbow
"Man on a Silver Mountain".  Great tune
radfrad -

Rainbow Blackmore and Joe Lynn Turner, Nice! Allso Dio was a killer vocalist for Rainbow and others.

Ever heard HTP? "Hughes Turner Project"? Not to bad. Think I'll listento a few cuts. 

I also listened to more Julian Sas, "Is this what they call blues". Also on his "Bound to roll" CD is a great Rory Gallagher cover of "Shadow Play". 

N
So far tonight
Ted Nuggent . Cat Scratch Fever. LP
Eric Claptin w Steve Winwood.  Box set  LP
Layla. Derek and the Dominos.  LP
Guitar Hero. Robin Trower.    Long Misty Days. LP
.                    Robin Trower.    Where are You Going to.     LP
Rainbow. Bent out of Shape.   LP

R

Glad to hear from you. Getting kinda quiet on the thread. I only listen to one local non profit station. Class X radio. 89.1 FM. They stole the name from the "I heard it, I heard it, I heard it on the X"- ZZ Top song and the story behind the song.

They started out covering only a small area. Couple of cities really in Northern Ky. Now they have several places on the dial to tune in to depending on where you are in the city to get the best signal.  They are currently in the middle of their annual fundraising drive. Seeking donations and sponsorship. They have limited commercials doing all promotions once per hour, I believe. They play albumn rock. Deeper cuts form the classic rock we love. Now I'm ranting.

Oh and I really enjoyed the Julian Sas mentioned above. 

N
I took a couple of my high end tuners out of storage this morning. I have to say I am less and less impressed with the ongoing shrinkage of the FM sound stage. Its all coming back to me now as to why I did not have one hooked up to my rig. There was a time when I absolutely loved FM radio for the excellent stereo imagery. And now sigh, perhaps its time to unload all tuners but one and fund another digital source. I offer an apology for letting this turn into a rant. It was hard to resist.  
Julian Sas, "Bound to roll". Great albumn...listened to entire CD.
John Lawton band, (Uriah Heep) various songs. I like a lot of his music. 
It's Saturday night! What are you listening too?

N

Hughes/Thrall, S/T entire CD. (MTV had a video from this albumn) Hughes was also in a band called Trapeze. If your interested, a link to YouTube for a compiation of Glenn Hughes' finest, vocal abilities. Its about 16 min.

https://youtu.be/xesCJ2B8Ops

N
Good morning-

So far- "Eight Star", Toni Iommi featuring Glenn Hughes. Guitar hero, vocal legend and excellent bass man. 

N
Zappa was a gunies!

And to think, The Rolling Stones asked Roy Buchanan to be in their band and he declined. Buchanan is one of my faves. 

Dont hate me but Prince did a pretty mean cover of a Beatles song. 

N
Just listening to some Roy Buchanan. In my opinion one of the greatest and most underrated guitarists of all time! Check out the guitar work on "Petes blues" and Neil Young's Down by the River". From the album " Sweet Dreams - The Anthology
lezdam, facten, martykl-

A lot of good music mentioned this morning. Some of it I was unaware of and have been listening to it already, Thanks! Like "Stray Dog" and "The rides".  Both are great. I see Stray dog did a Beatles cover of Drive my car. 

I have BBM, definitely a supergroup. Moving onto Jeremy Spencer and Brett Lucas. 
Gonna see what their about. I haven't listened to Mr. Spencer sine the Fleetwood Mac days.

N

Just spun up Jeremy Spencer's "Bend in The Road".  Another superb blues album from a former member of Fleetwood Mac.  Spencer handles the slide duties with his usual skill and taste, but the extra treat here is a second guitarist called Brett Lucas.  Classic blues done right.
Benny Turner - Journey (blues)
John Mayall, Bluesbreakers & Friends - 70th Birthday Concert
The Rides (Stephen Stills, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Jerry Harrison) - Can't Get Enough
Cream revisited.  BBM.   Comprised of Jack bruce, Gary Moore and Ginger Baker,    another obscure English  band  -  STRAY DOG on ELP 'S.  manticore records.  Blues rock!   Enjoy
Actually Mr. Sammy Hagar wrote the song "Bad Motor Scooter ". That gives us a perfect segue into his career.

N

I love that Montrose.  Bad Motor Scooter
My electric bill was more also and I like the way my amps
and preamp double as space heaters to help balance out my natural gas heating bill
radfrad-

Amen! I've ordered the new Trower from Amazon. But right now I'm spinning Ronnie Montrose, "Open fire"- Town without pity.  The Levinson has been spinning the electric utility meter into overdrive. 

N
Back on 4/6, just a few post above, I mentioned Candlebox. I know they are just another Seattle band in a long list of them. Not the best not the worst. But the song "Rain" stands out to me. It's got a blues groove that is different from the rest of their music. 

I saw them years back live at the Univercity of Cincinnati.  A fan tossed a Viking helmet with horns on stage. The lead singer duct taped it to his head and performed the next several songs. It was a good rock n roll concert, in my opinion. 

I found this link on YouTube for "Rain". It.was captured live in seattle.

https://youtu.be/dvU8AWFqGGE

N
  It is worth seeing him.  I have seen RT 4 time at the Fillmore West,
last was Sept 2015.  He has been touring here, and the USA every other year for 10 years.or more   He sounds just like his 70 Live albums spot on . Fillmore is festival standing small venue, easily you can stand 4 rows from stage.  He usually plays 2 songs from newest album  then goes into his most classic stuff. Usually plays only at small venue
 Like clock work he starts right at 8:30  and is finished exactly at 10:30.
does one oncore set and always finishes with his most Blues song
His latest album fits right in with his earliest stuff  ,Awesome , I played it 4 times last night.
 Remember Nutty  YOU started this as a RT- Montrose  Guitar Hero
thread, I cant agree more  My System is still on Solid State HOT
Stand By Mode

R
Any ambrosia fans out there? Classified as progressive/soft rock. Big fan. Some of the recordings are better than others. I do recall some of the vinyl sounding pretty good. I pulled out some of my favorites today.

I listened to several CD'S but some of the tunes that are stuck in my head are-
"How can you love me", "For Openers", "Holding on to yesterday" and Nice, nice very nice". I really anjoy the vocal harmonies. 

N
Akron, Indy, Ft.Wayne. That's as close to Cincinnati that Trower will be. I might make the trek if I can get a couple of friends to embark on the trip. Definitely ordering the new albumn. 

Today I've only listened to Joe Bonamossa, "Slo Gin".

N

Going to see Robin Trower in concert in a few weeks.  Good to hear you liked his new album.   Thanks for sharing your RT comments, now I am really looking forward to it. 

Just finished Robin Trower newest release
"Where you are going to". LP
Quite good. Clearly more of a rocker than a lot of his previous releases
Recorded well sounding.  Robin does the vocals and the usual awesome guitar
signiture sound

Now for a critical  re-listen
Amazon has limited avaibility on LP

R

Today I started with Alice Cooper, "Hey stoopid". (1991)
It has a long list of guest appearances.  
Ozzy, Joe Satriani, Slash, Vai, Vinnie Moore, Mick Mars, Hugh McDonald and Nikki sixx.

Listened to "Styx Paradise Theater". I remember the albumn/vinyl had a picture on it. If your a Styx fan, as I am, I wonder if you ever realized that track 4, "Nothing ever goes as planned" is almost entirely "Reggae? 

(Oh, one more item. Rory Gallagher is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of fame, yet. Go figure).

N