Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Thomas Dolby ‎– Aliens Ate My Buick (EMI-Manhattan 1988)

Awesome album. Bought it when it came out. Recommended.
Paul Tortelier ‎– Paul Tortelier Plays (His Master's Voice 1983)

Recorded at Abbey Road. Sounds very good.
Steve Hillage ‎– Live Herald (Virgin 1979)

Stunning live album. Bought this in 1981. I know because I wrote it on the sleeve.
I sent my Vibrato back for repair. Apparently the transducers failed? Anyway, Louis said if the unit failed as a result of part failure, he'd fix and ship back at no charge
I feel less than whole without my Vibrato.
@noromance ,..

I see the vinyl storage you post on your systems page. Yet I'm sure that's just a smidgen of your total.
@noromance

yes, I think it was Steve who posted about RC awhile back. more recent posts were a nice reminder.

@slaw

I like this “Dragons” lp, streaming it now while i get some computer work done. In the past I appreciated Darnielle’s lyrics - literate, interesting, lyrical but I could never say I really appreciated his music or the musicianship of the band. This album seems a little more tuneful than what I remember. Glad to know it’s a favorite of yours. Cool when you can find that.

I think I could spend one day listening, thinking about the two Mountain Goats lps I own. then writing a paper describing why Iove the band.
@slaw You know it! Going up in value faster than my 401k.

Brenda Lee ‎– Reflections In Blue (Decca 1967)
Do it Steve. Post the link.

———————————————

Caitlin Canty
Golden Hour
Digital, her first full length album. Her later two albums came out on Vinyl.
Beautiful Voice. Earthy music.

Tony Joe White
Collected
Music on Vinyl 2019 Compilation

SQ is great on this record.

Dohnanyi conducts Stravinsky’s The Firebird. Vienna Philharmonic. London Records 1980
The cuts with Shelby Lynne and Lucinda Williams on this Tony Joe White record are a kick.

Interesting James,

I spent part of my record collecting time focusing on Tony Joe White over the past 3 + years. 

I knew Shelby loved his works and did "Poke Salad Annie" a few times.

My timing was fine as TJW passed not long after I bought his most recent lps.

Love him!
Eric Bachmann "No Recover"

From Archers of Loaf to touring with Neko Case......
Zubin Mehta conducts Tchaikovsky Symphony #6 ‘Pathetique’. Los Angeles Philharmonic. London Records 1979

I’ve become much of a Mehta fan recently, and seem to be collecting many of his releases. Not sure why he hasn’t get more attention for his conducting over the years. I always find his direction keeps my attention. A subjective thing perhaps.
Sir John Barbirolli Conducts Elgar - A) Introduction And Allegro For Strings, Op. 47 and Serenade In E Minor, Op. 20 B) Vaughan Williams - Fantasia On A Theme By Thomas Tallis and Fantasia On "Greensleeves". The Allegri String Quartet And The Strings of the Sinfonia of London. Angel reissue/remaster 1980’s. Original 1963.

Great collection and performances.
Vangelis ‎– L’Apocalypse Des Animaux (Polydor 1973)
1 side.
Excellent album. Worth checking out.
+1 Vaughan Williams, @bkeske 

Sir John Barbirolli: Schubert, The Hallé Orchestra ‎– The Great C-Major Symphony
(EMI 1966) ‎
Sir Adrian Boult conducts Vaughan Williams - Symphony #6 and The Lark Ascending. The New Philharmonia Orchestra with Hugh Bean, violin. Angel 1967.
@noromance

+1 Vaughan Williams, @bkeske

Sounded so good, I had to play more ;-)