slipknot1
Gerald Finzi (1901-1956)
Concerto for Cello & Orchestra 
Op. 40

Yo Yo Ma cello
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra 
conducted by Vernon Handley

Lyrita Recorded Edition 1979

One of Finzi’s most accessible, emotionally rich, and popular; and, Yo Yo Ma’s first recording.  

@jbmac75  welcome to this thread.  Easy doesn't mean best.  Yes indeed, do get a turntable, again.  And be sure to get a very good one and a very good phono cartridge.  The sonic rewards are immense.  You will quickly understand (or maybe remember) the virtues of analog and the vinyl format.  There really isn't anything quite like it.  And really, it's cultural in all of the preparation, cleaning, etc.  And the12" X 12", hold it in your hand and read the information throughout the record jacket, is the best!  Enjoy!
Super Session w/Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper, and Stephen Stills. Columbia 1970
@big_greg,

I'm glad you're on the WLP bandwagon.

Who.......I'd be surprised if that makes a substantial difference.
@slaw I've picked up a couple of batches of WLP vinyl recently. I have a number of copies of Who Are You, not sure that one was any better from a pressing standpoint, but it was in excellent condition. 
Tom Petty - Wildflowers and All the Rest. Sounds amazing! Still get a little misty.
I received a pair of Chord Crimson Vee3 interconnects I won on eBay today from the UK. Bought them to run between my Nakamichi and pre. Well, as I’m awaiting some Audio Envy IC’s, to use between my phono pre and pre, I decided to try out the Chord IC’s until they arrive.

Man, these old Chord’s sound good. Most noticeably in the lower/mid bass punch, but overall very nice. Hope the Audio Envy’s sound this good :-D
Ya man @slaw hope has returned for me...

nephews are here for a few days, so streamer for me. tomorrow going to show them how to solder some spades on Kimber cable

brian - ya man Crimson rocks !!!!

Been listening to Sierra Hull "Weighted Mind" after a deep clean and a flattening.
I've gone past the days of name brand interconnects. I've found great value in other places.
Why spend high dollars on wire as opposed to a component?
@tomic601

brian - ya man Crimson rocks !!!!

Yep, I can see why these are still sought out. I was a bit leery as they cost $70 shipped, but heck, that seems well worth it.

Gotta tell you though, the Silnote digital and IC cables I recently got made a really nice improvement to my digital from end for me as well. Really improved the sound quite a bit. No more ‘glare’, and much more musical. Really impressive cables.
Madeleine Peyroux

"Everybody's Talkin'"

Wow! Another version..................