Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Thanks Greg and Steve - she had been my near constant companion in retirement- I don’t imagine ever fully healing... she was 17 and 8 months
@tomic601 
Logged on to check in as I was otherwise engaged. 
So sorry on your old pal's passing. We had a lab as part of our family. Lived 17 years. The only time I saw my father weep.
Finally.... took me a bit..

A Trusting Soul - Record Review - Volume I:

This LP ( Coral CRL 57475 ) should be saved for a darkened room, candles, sound level on medium with a great cocktail in hand. Drag the loveseat and your better half into the “sweet spot”. Make her favorite drink, does she have pearls ?

Recorded over Mardi Gras 1964/1965 it has a hip  but very laid back feel. Bandleader Godfrey Hirsch ( vibes ) with NOLA standards a nod to Brazil, some swing and blues in the mix.

Sonics are excellent with quiet room ambience and separation without hyper sterility so often found in more modern multi-tracking efforts. I came away thinking the Lyra was a bit too analytical for this recording- it is probably better left to something more dynamic like the Decca of @noromance who recommend this fine disc. Enjoyable none the less and a “ keeper”.

Vic Chesnutt "West of Rome" RSD

Vic is/was certainly a personal choice, yet a great artist. Even Cowboy Junkies covered his songs on one of their lps.

"WOR" is an awesome album !
Was suffering myself last night with a trapped nerve in my neck ,little better today but that is why I did not see your posts last night.

Really sorry on the passing of your faithful friend Jim, it hurts I know, watched two dogs pass and said no more.

Hopefully he is now chasing bones and sticks in the sky!

Take care my friend.
Got the records in I ordered off Etsy, they look in very good condition.

The Rubinoos "S/T"  advertised as 1st pressing
Norman Greenbaum "Back Home Again"  WLP
Stephen Stills "2" pp
Neil Diamond "Taproot Manuscript"  pp
Patti Page "I've Heard That Song Before"  mono/pp

@noromance, 

The PP lp I bought because you had mentioned her recently. This is a mono period pressing and very clean.
Doc Evans at the Gaslight - remastered 6/1973 Audiophile Records AP-95

very fine recording, tight performance 
Big Noise from Winnetka ( track 1, side 2 ) is worth the price of admission as they say....

@noromance turned me on to Doc via this thread.... grateful 
Stuck in Traffic again - Loving the Box set... love, love, love it !!!

Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die
Jim,

Maybe it's just me but Ray reminds me of Joe Cocker in his vocals at times. That's a compliment.
@tomic601 ,

I'm on side two of Monovision and absolutely love it! I think it's his best/in awhile. It harkens back to his first 3 great records.
Low spark is however the worst pressing quality due to a funky plastic sleeve to allow/facilitate the angled cuts of the over art ... ugh... 
It’s up next Slaw for a revisit but it’s truer to his first three than his last two prior to Monovision... good to see him back from the Beck Morning Phase phase as it were..,
Steve it’s like a vinyl dam, I will spot clean it ( I already enzymatic and regular cleaned it ) and have sent vendor a note - thanks buddy
The Black Heart Procession ‎– One (SDRL Records 2016 LE White[1998])

Saw them perform this album live. Very special gig. 
The problem with box sets is they will not replace a defective lp. You have to return the entire box. SAD!
Dealing with vinyl is a love/hate relationship. I happen to love it more.
JJ Cale OP on Shelter - Troubadour reran this thru enzyme then a normal clean cycle .... wow, will order a gallon of Nitty Gritty enzyme on Monday