Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Ok don’t you like how they left in the feedback.  How does it get better, especially without Joan?  

Very initial impression, just from side one, "cohesive"... An adjective Uber described to me is very valid. This band just gels! I bet they actually enjoy one another! That comes through in their music. Love it!
“So here's something else for you to worry about: your local Power Company screwing up mains polarity.“

- Dick Olsher, Stereophile

Is this really a thing?
Ok so if I reverse the mains plug from the power conditioner what happens?  I might get a hum through my speakers if I plug it in backwards (reversed)? Or I get a hum if the power company has it reversed?  None of this matters with power tools and other appliances.  What is the effect of reversed polarity on a stereo?   
All I can tell you James is, when I’ve played around with my switch, the music is somewhat duller, closed in . I’ve never really needed to use it on any record yet. The hum, in my experience, isn’t an issue.

I’ve read in the past that some recordings had reversed polarity. Most people just switch their speaker cables.

Based on reading your posts, I don't think you have an issue.
Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat. Verve. Per Discogs, unknown release date on this pressing. Only ‘early 70’s pressing’ is known.
Re: Full Circle 

my initial feeling is that this is awesome.  

2nd album so far has slightly more complex mix/production & More pop Style vocal applications (Maybe why you like it even better Uber?).

Yeah Steve, I agree -hearIng TTB, Government Mule, a little doobie brothers & of course Black Crows, but mostly I hear themselves.  It’s straight ahead and it’s their own musical personalities showing through fairly traditional-by-now structures.   It’s sort of not progressive, and it’s not really retro either.     

exactly guys on full circle!
its just FUN
And you can tell they are having fun.
its just a full boogie toe tapping dynamic funfest....
can I use the word fun again.....lmao
Thanks Steve.  Hope you don’t think I was being paranoid.  I didn’t think I had a problem but when I read that In the stereophile review of Jim’s tube amp it just made me wonder if it really is a thing what happens with the audio signal.  I always thought it didn’t matter.  I reverse (Or don’t bother to match) black and white wires on light fixtures all the time because that absolutely doesn’t matter.   You get a dullness Of sound from reverse power polarity going through your amp? Power Polarity Switches your r&l channels?  Hmm.  
I am going to fess up now.....
I only bought the S/T because it was on sale in FYE at $9.97!!!
Then found it was warped and was tempted to take it right back but then started researching and streamed it and just WOAH!
Then found my old Technics sl-10 linear tracker could play it So was all good.
Then got it flattened and now VERY good.
Ok finishing up “First Circle”.
I will say that although this is the same rhythm section these two records are from two different bands.
The first has better playing, especially guitars but drums are also quite a bit better on the first album. The second record is a little more intentional toward popularity. Both are great fun.  I ordered both of them.  
Saying this band reminds you of little feet is a good thing. The world needs more fun music.
I agree "two different bands". I'm gonna reserve my judgement between both for later.
Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs "God Willin’ & The Creek Don’t Rise"

Highly recommend!
Ray sometimes sounds like the reincarnation of Joe Cocker.

Oh yeah, Uber, you can thank me later.....haha.
Andre Previn conducts Shostakovich symphony #5. Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Angel. 1978.
@bkeske,   That Symphony is incredible isn’t it.   Have you ever heard this version? 
Check out "Shostakovich: Symphony No. 5, Op. 47 - Barber: Adagio for Strings, Op. 11 (Live)" by Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra on Amazon Music. https://music.amazon.com/albums/B074G3PS87?ref=dm_sh_JEDvS2GxmYHkGCeAIiwKY3NnH

It’s not on vinyl but wow.  It’s something. 
James et al:

power line polarity is not same as absolute signal polarity.

it can be honked up by pier company out thru your panel, etc. my Herron phono preamp also has a AC polarity switch and sounds different in each position - listen and pick the best.Music signal polarity switch is important because some components invert polarity, so driver is going in when should be going out. Only us Vandersteen owners really care.. ha
Hey Jim.  The follow up album by Trigger Hippy.  
The first Trigger Hippy (Eponymous) rocks in the way that Blackberry Smoke rocks.  In other words you will love it.  
Thanks.  I see now how it could matter for the in and out of a speaker cone. Seems like That would effect sound.  
I have no polarity switches.  
So with no switches, check to see IF each component inverts , then it’s just math...if you need to get back to absolute by inverting speaker cables. Obviously that fix can be a puta if you have sources that do or don’t invert.
my MX-110Z has an inverted switch and a bunch of other handy features... purist preamps ... oh well, not so much
@spiritofradio

@bkeske, That Symphony is incredible isn’t it. Have you ever heard this version?

Yes it is. I have one other version of the 5th by The Royal Concertgebouw recorded live. But I must say, this is a pretty good version as much as I like the Concertgebouw. 

This symphony has very nice range, dramatic, and its movements all nicely ‘seamed’ together.

I don’t have Amazon Music so cannot check that out, but perhaps via Tidal.

Shostakovich was a very interesting composer. I have a full set of his String Quartets which are really good, but very different from the symphony compositions I have heard.
I have the first Trigger Hippy on the Server, dig them...

I am spinning Tull - Aqualung.... so nice
@bkeske,

I felt a need to let you know, even though I'm not really into classical at the moment, I do realize you have a rock history. Anyway, you are such a welcome addition to our family.
Dutoit conducts Ravel - Ma Mere l’Oye, Pavene pour une infante defunte, Le Tombeau de Couperin, & Valse nobles et sentimentales. Montreal Symphony. London 1984

Thanks @slaw My musical tastes are very wide ranging. But I would not be upset if others became interested in a bit of orchestral music along their journey as well ;-) 

You guys always provide me possible music to check out, and that is very a good reason for this section of the forum to exist IMO.
@bkeske, yes the dynamics of the 5th are extraordinary but he pulls them off.  And the Lento, if that doesn’t move you you’re probably just dead.  
Post removed 
Now.. sides 3 & 4 of the now completely flattened TH "S/T" lps.

A worthwhile journey.
Being the anal snot that I am I could not rest with the 5 pin din connection knowing how shoddy the soldering was inside.
So ripped it out, sucked all the old solder out the pins, cleaned up the wires and redid each one with just a dainty drop of solder not big lugs of it like it was. Soldering done right only needs a teeny amount of actual solder.... and a good iron.... and a steady hand.
Oh well two out of three ain’t bad.......
"The Blues Had a Baby & Called it Rock n' Roll"

The S/T TH album is more Rock n' Roll. Full Circle is a more thoughtful, melodic blues infused piece that reflects the bands' purpose.
Uber

Soldering tiny phono wires is a skill my friend.

Another aspect is, as you are figuring out, more solder has a negative effect on SQ.