Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The Trews’ cover of Rush’s Cinderella Man is on the 40th Anniversary edition of A Farewell to Kings.   
Read lots info about cartridges, turntables, etc etc.

I had an ortofon x5-mc, great, but output was weak.

Went with the Archiv Concorde, and the nightclub II CONCORDE.

I record my records with the Archiv to my computer, as it puts emphasis on the treble and midrange.

The nightclub, puts emphasis on the bass and lower midrange freq.

depends on the LP, and recording as to which one I use.

I use both for playback,  outlying the nightclub, as the bass extension with the nightclub is stellar.

Easy on/off styli replacement, etc , always sounds great!!

Three technics SL-1200’s. 2 from late 80’s and the black 1210 from maybe mid 90’s, all,are superb, sound great, reliable, great sound.
had a couple other tt’s, but these 1200’s still reign supreme.

Never had such a reliable and tough TT to date.
   I’m sure they will last another 25 years when I pass them down to my junior audio dude.

along, with my other audio gear. 
 Rip, talk poorly, arm, internals, etc etc.
these SL-1200s’ mk 2’s are the most reliable tt’s I’ve ever owned.
been through many others, Panasonic, pioneer, Sony, dual, thorens, I don’t like the glasses, magnifying glass hooking up the leads, etc etc.

ill use these technics SL-1200’s til they stop, which I’m sure will be another 30 years.
 Made sure years back, I bought the best, and I did!
@spiritofradio  - Thanks for that. I had not heard The Trew's version of "Cinderella Man". Took a listen. Not bad. But it doesn't compare musically with the original IMHO.

Anyway, The Trews were really good when I saw them live. Good enough that I've kept an eye on their touring schedule to try to catch them again.  
@reubent   I agree.  Fun though.  
40th Anniversary Permanent Waves is out with pre-orders now in transit.  My set is expected to arrive on Friday.  
Parliament—Mothership Connection
Modest Mouse—The Lonesome Crowded West
Robert Palmer—Secrets
Lee Morgan-Cornbread
@arkticdeth,  thanks for posting and welcome to the thread.  There are a couple others here, including myself, that appreciate the 1200.  I’ve used one for more than 30 years.  It only recently moved to a second system.  
Hope you’ll let us know what you’re spinning on yours.  
Been in here numerous times w music!

Motörhead 
raven
schenker
gary moore
iron maiden
UFO
ccr
venomSod
y&t
sodom
spooky tooth
wishbone ash
bathory
dark angel
beatles
riot
satan joker
zoetrope
tank
and,1000 other bands from rock/metal from the 60-early 90’s
@spiritofradio, yes Palmer had talent. That’s all I have of him on physical media, unfortunately. Worst thing about this pandemic, all the record stores here are closed. 
@dramatictenor  Right!  I drive by my favorite LRS pretty regularly and feel a pang of longing every time.  
—————-

Mark Knopfler 
Tracker

Bonny Light Horseman
Eponymous 
Ludwig van Beethoven Klavierkonzert Nr. 5 "Emperor" Concerto

1978 Deutsche Grammophon

Maurizio Pollini
Wiener Philharmoniker
Karl Böhm

James - our LRS is open now, I hit it but my mind was not in it... hit the beach after not buying anything 

@uber saw the car collection- impressive:-) you realize there ain’t much road in Friday Harbor? I suggest Orcas. My buddy has a Jeepster we drive up Mount Constitution in.. The views are 360 stunning
@noromance ,

I guess you're keeping us in the dark on the new tonearm for a reason, but I'm going to make a guess. I hope it's the Trans - Fi.
I take a few days away and @noromance leaves team Jelco for parts unknown ???

on a somewhat related note, my rescue Sumiko FT-3 is headed back to me with new Cardas wire, fixed bearings AND a Carbon Fiber arm wand... it’s a fairly stout arm in aluminum- I am hoping it is now up to a Decca.... we shall see...
High Places / High Places 

Look forward to hearing the results of that "mod" Tomic! 
Steve Tim from @maze_analog here on Audiogon- incredibly reasonable prices, great communication and turnaround.
Only caveat is I have not heard it yet but to be fair Tim will have rescued an arm that has been broken and unused for 12 years ( not by me ).... fun :-)

Thanks Jim. I'm set to send my arm to Audiooragami but hesitant about shipping to Scottland right now?
Here's a few lps in my mits this week:

Chuck Prophet "The Land That Time Forgot"
Norman Greenbaum "Spirit in the Sky"  sealed/pp
Son House "Father of the Delta Blues"  Pure Pleasure
I take a few days away and @noromance leaves team Jelco for parts unknown ???
@tomic601 Can't stick with the same girl forever!
Up now,

Holly Cole "Romantically Helpless"  Grooveland/dbl lp/one lp 33rpm/bonus lp 45rpm
Bkeske.
+1 on the Fairport Convention.
Remember catching them live in England many years ago.
I guess you're keeping us in the dark on the new tonearm for a reason, but I'm going to make a guess. I hope it's the Trans - Fi.
@slaw Not at all. ;-)  I added some pics on the systems page. It's a custom arm beautifully made (by the guy who made my 401 bearing) and based on the Well Tempered concept.
@uberwaltz

Bkeske.
+1 on the Fairport Convention.
Remember catching them live in England many years ago.

Oh man, you lucky dog. Have been a fan since the early-mid 70’s. Was Sandy Denny with them?
@noromance girls... plural...

@slaw Tim is in safe and secure Kansas... even Toto made it back!
So the flat black disc analog front end for Poverty Bay is shaping up: SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko / Maze FT-3 Tonearm, Cartridge TBD, IF MC then into a Music Reference RM-4 then into a Single chassis Croft RIAA- RS....MC or MI right into Croft.

The B&O will go into duty in the Vintage system....

you guys are a bad influence...
Bkeske 
Sadly no, it was way after her untimely death.
Second incarnation mid to late 90,s.
Every time I think about a new tone arm I look at how well engineered this Micro Seiki arm is and how well it works and think... nope not yet...lol.
Besides it just looks so right on the 401 and it’s plinth.
@tomic601 
girls... plural...
Still have the 9" 850 in use and the 12" 850 can go to the walnut 401. And then there's the two 12" 750 left over.
Noromance 
Nice problem to have... “ leftover” 12” Jelco arms.... 😂