For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@noromance ,

Kind of wondered, looking at your system,. How do you decide which quadrant of your space/systems to listen to? Is one system/space better for a certain mood/music??????
Frankly, my system has never sounded better than since the introduction of the Hydra 8.

My thoughts on The Dead are over-simplified. I loved the first three albums, and saw them live in ’67, in Golden Gate Park (with The Airplane and Country Joe & The Fish). At that time they were still kind of a Garage/Biker Band, sounding more like they drank beer & wine and ate cross-tops (trucker’s little white pills) than took acid everyday, and that’s what the first album sounds like. Notice the fast tempos?

The 2nd and 3rd album are psychedelic classics, my favorite in the genre. It was when, having become pals with the harmony-singing groups and their members, they made their two Country-Rock albums that their limitations became a problem for me. Not everyone can sing, and singing close harmony is very difficult, particularly live (C, S, & N re-recorded some of their Woodstock vocals in a studio. They were seriously out-of-tune). I just don’t consider Garcia and Weir good enough singers to pull it off: amongst other weaknesses, they both sing flat, and together sound very "sour".

Garcia and Hunter sure wrote some good songs (I performed "Friend Of The Devil", a song I love, in a band), but Garcia and Weir were no Don & Phil Everly or John & Paul. They shoulda stuck to what they were good at. There are pictures of Garcia playing banjo (!) on the grounds of Stanford University in Palo Alto, California, in the early-mid 60’s (playing Folk music; he was of course a huge Bluegrass lover, but was undistinguished at playing it, never progressing beyond beginner level). I never saw him there, but started playing at Frat kegger parties on the campus in the late 60’s. Those Frat boys sure like their beer! They got me drunk for the first time, well below the legal drinking age.

Phil Lesh is a monster bassist, and Garcia has his own guitar style (a notable achievement). Bob Weir is a pretty weak rhythm guitarist (listen to Don Everly, John Lennon, and Buddy Miller to hear how it’s done well), and I’ve never liked the sound of double-drummers. On his own, Bill is, well maybe it’s better I keep my opinion to myself. ;-) Pigpen’s Farfisa organ playing was pure Garage Band, pretty cheezy. His numerous replacements were undistinguished Hammond players, nothing special.

Playing improvised music is dominated by Jazz and Bluegrass musicians, whose skill and abilities far exceed those of Rock (and many Blues) players. Ask one about The Dead, and my opinion of them will seem generous ;-). For those hungry for high-level improvised guitar playing, give a listen to Danny Gatton. He was fluent in Jazz (he cited Les Paul as a major influence), Rockabilly (he worked in Robert Gordon’s band), Hillbilly (he was a master at the Merle Travis style), Bluegrass (he started on banjo), and is a true guitarist’s guitarist. There are a lot of videos of him available for watching on YouTube.

@slaw About which system... well one doesn't have ESLs and has a sub. So I tend to listen to rock on that one. I generally don't post what's on the turntable when I'm on that one. It also has DVD/streaming and a TV so I'll watch music or the odd show on that. The ESL system is for critical listening and does sound better. 
Slaw
No it is not yet as the table I had bought to run as dedicated mono arrived damaged.
Got full refund but has put a setback on the project for now while I decide what to do.
Just playing some of my mono records on my regular system.
Still sounds darn good.
Btw Slaw was looking at that Hydra 8, they have one for sale at TMR.

Interesting your opinion on it and that you can hear a difference.
Uber,

That’s the one I bought, unless they got another in. I’m going to take a quick look.

No, that is the next version of the one I own.

I've owned my Hydra 4 & 6 for years. They are fantastic IMO. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm running all of my front end components through my 6 to the 8 right now. Plus I have an Akiko Triple AC Enhancer into the 6.

The 8 in my current scenario is wonderful. The main attributes so far are a full, and more complete soundstage. Everything just sounds right. No drawbacks at all.

Probably upset everyone here by saying I have never been a Deadhead at all.
Only own one Dead album and then only because it has Touch of Grey on it.... Lol.

Well I do have same album on both vinyl and cassette though....😂😂
It most certainly is Slaw.
I am sure there are other Dead albums I would like, just not a group I ever truly got into.
Sounds like a job for streaming......
@uberwaltz,

I think I misread your inquiry.

I'm a fan of passive AC conditioners. There are many popular products out there and are well regarded that use transformers. Products like the Niagra..... have you looked inside of one? All of the circuit boards/transformers.... then read user's comments regarding the noise they put up with after spending thousands. No way bro.

I've had several products in house that use earth minerals, man made crystals that absorb EMI/RFI that work very well with nothing to cause noise or break down.

This is where my $ will go.
Thanks Slaw.
My Only ac treatment is still the PPT Gate that is in my main breaker box.
Always wonder if I can do more although I do think it works extremely well compared to the background hash that was present before I installed the Gate.
Dakota S/T

Pretty unusual copy in that it says right on the label (which is white,itself unusual for Columbia) 
“ demonstration copy, not for resale”

Used to seeing verbiage of promotional copy but not demonstration copy.
@uberwaltz,

What you have there my friend is a white label promo (WLP). These are prized and bring more money. They were the first run, labeled white to send to radio stations for promotion.

As about an original pressing as one can get!

I think the stoned side of the mule is killing me...
TGIF as I have put in a lot of hours “ working “ this week...

warming up phono

Lucinda - Good Souls Better Angels
Excellent information Slaw.
Many thanks for that.
It looks and sounds as the radio station did not play it much if at all.
Something else to look for now while at the lrs.
On the Dead

i don’t think I heard them till my little brother came home from Prep school for Thanksgiving of his Freshman year with a couple of Dead  ( and more importantly for me Time Loves a Hero ) albums and a Deadhead GF... Not sure which I liked better, but the rest is good history, lots of enjoyable music over the years....

I think it’s not good underestimate the combo of Garcia / Hunter At crafting a good song...

and yes, when they err it is to FLAT but then some people are not pitch sensitive...
Speaking of Wall Street and Tie Die

Jerry Garcia had ( maybe still does ? ) a nice collection of silk ties in wild but tasteful designs - I dunno maybe I have six of them and wore them when I had a big deal to sell... Those ties sold some big iron to dudes that would’ve FREAKED if they saw the label
@slaw and @noromance  thanks for the clarifying question and answer, I always wondered about the two systems...

as Previous owner / builder of a HQD copy system, And ESL-63 today, hoped it rolled that way 2 :-)

@tomic601 
my girlfriend started buying those Garcia ties on eBay in lots of ten or so cheap, $20 for a lot, I must have 50 of them some wild some not so much, we had a “ neck tie Monday” to offset casual Friday 
And I must add, if you want to really hear the Grateful Dead, listen to the live releases the studio was not their forte 
You can tell I am not your hardened record collector as I did not know what the white label promo was.
Enlightened.......
 bdp64 you should check out the Grateful Dead release “Wake up to Find Out” recorded 3/20/90 at Madison Square Garden with  guest Branford Marsalis, he was invited to the show by Phil and asked to sit in, he expected a cheesy song, ended up staying for the rest of the show, and you should check out Old and in the Way , Garcia ain’t Bela Fleck, but he ain’t Steve Martin either.....
Branford called them “pure jazz” 
Billy Cobham played  in Bobby and the Midnights , Weir’s band they put out a few forgettable albums