Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Dvorak
Cello Concerto in B minor

Boston Symphony 
Mstislav Rostropovitch, Cello
1987 Erato (French)

Nick Drake "Family Tree"  sealed/#135 from 1000/ remastered at Abbey Road

These are Nick's early recordings,(from his home in the 60s) before his 3 major records. Got it at a very reasonable price, hope it sounds good.......
The Cadenza tracked fine all the time, it was the Karat Ruby that was giving me some issues until I discovered my FUBAR.

Think it's time to put the Koetsu back on, the Scheu has had a good long run that has reminded me of what a great cart it really is and why I was very happy with it to begin with.

All this after the honeydew list of course.
Lawn therapy next up☹️☹️
"Family Tree"...I thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes there is some mild tape hiss, yet overall, it held me through 4 sides. What struck me is how mature of an artist he was at such an early age.

RIP Nick.
David Crosby "If I Could Only Remember My Name"  Classic Records/freshly cleaned
On another note (sic) Pandora sounds pretty good streamed on my phone and through my iem while riding the lawn tractor.
Not so much of a chore tbh.
Spock's Beard radio station, some darn good stuff.

The BAT is now warming up so some records shortly!
Jim James "Uniform Clarity" ATO/white vinyl

In the past I swore off ATO because of the SQ. I had since tried a couple more that I enjoyed. I don't know why such great artists such as Bandi Carlisle, MY Morning Jacket, Jim James, The Alabama Shakes........ continue to go there??????? It is a crap shoot.
Slaw
After about an hour the BAT is sounding very good but yes it does get better and better as the evening wears on.
Should probably think on and turn it on first thing in the morning.

Is ATO a label or pressing plant or?
Can't say as I have heard of it.
@uberwaltz I listen to Pandora's techno station while I'm working out on my elliptical trainer.  I can tell it's not Qobuz quality, but it doesn't make me want to rip my ears off my head.
Greg
Pandora is great for headphone and the car. TBH I found it about 7 years ago but had no idea it was what we now call a streaming service.
It was an app on my Samsung smart TV and I signed up and kept it ever since.
I think it's AI is at least on a par with Spotify, it rarely plays anything I hate on my created stations of which I have many!

But enough streaming talk here, brother Slaw might keel over!😁😁
I've been listening to Pandora for a long time too.  I think since I got my first Oppo blu-ray player.

We don't want anything happening to slaw!  Streaming is just a gateway to help me know what vinyl to pick up next :)
I get it you both. I use to buy CDs from Columbia Record House, then resell them to a book store, so I could find music I wanted on lp. Not a problem. I would use emogies, figure you all know me by now?

ATO = label
@boxer12,

"Uniform Clarity" was fine. I wasn't overwhelmed. My copy had a defect, so I'll send it back for a refund. "Eternally Even" will be up later.
Fleet Foxes "Crack-Up" freshly cleaned
Several thoughts..
leave SS on 24/7 unless it’s storming
Ruby Fubar ? Whaaaat ????
My Eliptical trainer has 4 legs and a tail...

Atlanta Rhythm Section - Underdog
@slaw 

+1 on the David Crosby 

- - - - - - >  Keith Jarrett
          Munich 2016 ECM 2019
@tomic601 ,

Use to leave the SMc on 24/7 but have dialed that back

It has the Plitron transformer. McCormick says it needs 24 hours for (it) to reach optimum internal operating temp.

When I was working, I'd turn it on the night before.
Tomic
The BAT is tubes so.......
The Phonostage is ss and is on 24/7.
The FUBAR was something else but it showed up at the Karat more than any other cart.

Slaw
Yes we know you and we always good!
Don't you just love it when you have fairly low expectations of an album then it blows your mind in both SQ and musicality!

High Crimes .... Al Jarreau
Hendrix - Band of Gypsies

Why is it so hard to get brand new vinyl that's flat? I think I may need to invest in a flattener.
Slaw
I thought you was joking.....
You need to Google it as I would get a slapped wrist from Agon for saying what it stands for.... Lol

It's just a saying when something has gone wrong and usually self inflicted.
Certainly in my case......
Neil Diamond
Double Gold

Bought this for my wife.   

And well, good songs, everyone knows most of them by heart, but keyboards sound as if they were made my Kenner or maybe Playschool....  Awful sounding record really.   Guitar sounds like it’s being played by a child.  Guy writes songs for the ages but the musicianship and production, at least on this early stuff, was well...

I am forever doomed to conflicting musical taste with the women in my life.  
@spiritofradio,

Some say, greatests hits lps aren't always the best for SQ. Ever heard "Hot August Nights"? I have the MFSL. Love it!
@boxer12,

"Eternally Even"

I don’t think this kind of record was ever meant to be of reference quality. I do think, the producers had in mind a different kind of outcome. This kind of outcome works in well with Jim’s past output in a group setting.

I do love it!. It draws me in. Unlike "Uniform Clarity", I want to listen to "EE" again! Frankly, at the right volume level (12 o’clock) through my Trio, it sounds wonderful and enveloping.

Richard Thompson "Sweet Warrior" Diverse Records...use to be a great label
@slaw I got “Hot August Nights” for her too. Will report back after we listen. I liked those early 70s hits of his. They had catchy production aspects to go with the musical hooks.   
Anyway, I should probably resist posting about records that are really more “hers” than my own. 

@spiritofradio,

I love Neil and unafraid to admit it.
Rhiannon Giddens "There is no Other" SQ is where I like it.
I knew a gal who asked “ when is Hot August Nights , she didn’t last the month...

parts of this story are true
@boxer12,

Was wondering since you've now lived with the new tonearm a while, if you'd care to report on the positive traits compared to your previous arms?
Hey slaw,
The main positives of the ViRa tonearm when compared to the Polestar (a high end Jelco) are a larger sound stage (both deep & wide) & improved clarity. The funny thing about the clarity is I never realized what I was missing until the new arm was properly set up. It is absolutely smooth, detailed, & dynamic. Like nothing I've ever heard before.

Negatives:
Setting this arm up is a b*tch, & it will unmercifully show every flaw (in spades) until everything is "perfect". Because it's a radiant tangent design, you cannot use the "normal" tools for set up. Why it didn't come with a template is beyond me.

Conclusion:
That stated, it is probably not an arm I'd recommend unless one has a lot of patience & experience in setting them up. Once set up properly though it has remained absolutely consistent and a beautiful performer   

Gravenhurst / Flashlight season   
Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow, MFSL. My first disappointment that I recall in terms of sound quality of one of their releases. 
Thanks for the update @boxer12, you sound like a man from my own heart.

Have you used more than one cartridge on it yet?