Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Just took a deep breath....ahhhh..............

Alison Krauss "New Favorite"

Wow! I love her!
Kansas
Leftoverture
O/P

never get tired of this

do you remember how the sound of this music excited and transfixed and astounded?
@slaw caught her in smallish venue w Union Station in Charleston.... she is freakin amazing... I sat right by mixing board - she and that whole band are the real deal w chops to match....

@tomic601, have you heard about the new documentary on The Band, put together by Robbie Robertson? It's entitled "Once Were Brothers", and is based on Robbie's book. It's "touring" the U.S. right now, playing in selected cities. It's at the Kiggins Theater in Vancouver on the 28th of this month, and I and a good bass player I worked with in 2017 are going to see it together.

Rick Danko was a very talented guy, one of my all-time favorite musicians. Levon Helm has been my main role model on drumset playing since 1969, Richard Manuel one of the greatest singers (and drummers) in the entire history of Rock 'n' Roll, and Garth Hudson a near-genius musician.

I recently read Bernie Taupin say that the 2nd Band album was his and Elton's inspiration and model for their Tumbleweed Connection album. Nick Lowe said The Brinsley Schwartz Band (of which he was a member) were trying to be England's The Band, and fell far short. As I have previously said, I listen to The Band's first two albums every single day (I'm being literal), and have for many years. The two best albums I have ever heard.

Memories... my prep skool roommate had a Gibson SG and I had a Fender Jazz and we used to attempt this....

idiots with chemical help....
I just have this on server ( 2001 remaster on Epic a bit forward and a tad bright imo ), what would you esteemed gentlemen say is best Vinyl LP ?
Well, all my be copies sound good, but my Friday Music is cooking!

This record is on top of my personal list.
@bdp24 i read the Rolling Stone review of the documentary on the flight to Seattle and instantly thought of you - I couldn’t find your email in my contacts and I thought snail mail might not do !!! Glad to hear you knew about it !!!
i enjoyed big pink tonight !!! Love the kick drum on the first track.... lock on

“ you best let a sleeping dog lie “

how much of 1.2 kw a side remains.....?
West Coast second wind....

Gov’t Mule - Live With a Little Help From Our Friends

my favorite  version of Thirty Days in Hole

Joe Jackson “Body and Soul”, The Jam “Sound Affects”, Talk Talk “It’s My Life”... decidedly early ‘80s vibe. Bought these three at Newbury Comics on the same day in ‘84 - such a great summer & these albums bring me right back to it

@slaw and @tomic601, I was fortunate enough to have been invited to an industry-only event at the Sony offices in L.A., promoting T Bone Burnett's then current album (The Criminal Under My Own Hat). His wife Sam Phillips was with him, and he had her sing a song on her own, though she was on a competing label (Virgin). She sings in an almost whisper---very soft, gentle, and vulnerable. She's the kind of woman you can fall in love with at first sight.

That same night they performed live at The Roxy Theater on Sunset. They had only minimal accompaniment, most notably Jerry Scheff on electric bass. His playing that night was the most incredible thing I've ever seen and heard, musicality on a VERY high plane. I then understood why he's so in demand by those who know what great musicianship is. He's the bassist on Costello's King Of America album, EC's best imo. Produced by T Bone.

By the way, just as did Julie Miller (Buddy's wife and collaborator), Sam started out as a Contemporary Christian artist, moving over to Secular later in life. She too has a very unique, some might say quirky, singing style.

Thank you @bdp24 for your first hand knowledge of the event and thoughtfulness to include Jim @ myself in your post.

Love you bro!
@slaw - 80’s front you back was a great time in my life... living in Belgium & then The Netherlands. Met a local pub owner who I got to know pretty well. He/they (he and his wife) used to have me and some teammates over for wonderful dinners and always way too much wine. He had a rig with a Nakamichi Dragon table which was about the coolest thing I’d ever seen. Had some KEF 105.4s with a massive stack of Naim electronics to fire it all. I couldn’t wait for them to invite us over to hear this kit play. He had some of the greatest music too & to my shock and surprise, they’d let me fumble around with this gear although to be honest, I was always a bit intimidated by that TT. Spent a lot of time in the club business in Boston when I returned home for good in the late 80’s. Been at this all since then and have had various systems & components since my time in Europe (and before) but it took a really great system to turn my head and hear just how good great music could sound
@bgross,

I love reading of people's memories of their "audio education"! The "Dragon" tt...it was an "auto-correct"  linear tracker...correct?
Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Deluxe Vinyl Edition.

Daughter bought it for me for Christmas.
Thx David!

I could say I brought her up the right way and she has a way cool dad! 
JK!
😂😂😂😂😂
@slaw  Yeah, autocorrect... owner explained it but kinda blew past me (again, too much Beaujolais). Had a conventional tone arm though and a second smaller arm that was used to relay disc conditions to the the autocorrecting two piece platter. It’s fuzzy but that’s what I remember. That was the only one I’ve ever seen and used albeit only a handful of times. It looked fabulous but was and still is more table than I’d ever be able to appreciate. Appeared incredibly temperamental as well. I prefer to just load up and play... keep it all simple.

Rory Gallagher “Tattoo”, Pat Travers
”Putting It Straight” & Aerosmith “Live Bootleg” - good god, talk about getting in the Way Back Machine, lol!
@bgross Welcome !!!!! I sold a lot of KEF Reference series back in the day - great sound :-))))
But I am back...

Willie Nelson - Teatro ( this is a fantastic recording.... )
Probably just the album cover, the sonics, the wine but this venue is my kind of reverberant space..,
A. B. Skhy  "Ramblin' On''  MGM/pp

This is my discogs order. So far, so good.
J.D. Souther - Black Rose

getting primed to catch him live later this week....
The Police "Ghost in the Machine"

This is a CRC  (Columbia Record Company) version, no bar code. Sounds fantastic!