Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@tomic601  - Well, for me, it is not a keeper. Don't really care for it, except for the last track - "Follow You Follow Me" which was a minor hit. I think I'm more of a melody kind of guy. And I generally like something that gets my foot tapping, or my head bobbing. I don't get any of that from "...and then there were three...".

Just goes to show that music is such a personal thing.

Listen and Enjoy! Whatever you choose......... ;~)
@reubent so true, might be the title and time in my life also :-) to the trade stack she goes !!!!!!
Tori Amos - Under the Pink ( Atlantic R1-82567 )

my wife always says “ don’t jinx it “ so after the first track of this half spreed Abby Road studio remaster unfolded pristine, I instantly jinxed it...  terrible pressing with a skip.. wow, going back as this was new from hyper reputable big seller on Discogs )
Macy Gray - Stripped ( Chesky LP389 )

a referral from the imaging thread, will post my impressions there, but musically a gem for sure !!!

@spirit guessing you will love this as you do Amber
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will the Circle be Unbroken : Music Forms a New Circle

3LP also a referral from the imaging thread

UAS 9801
Too funny.
I just picked up the remastered Genesis And Then There Were Three from a charity shop this morning.
Think I can chance it for 50 cents.
Tbh I quite like it though, always have.
@uberwaltz  - I hope your $.50 investment pays off! 

@tomic601  @uberwaltz  - I'll be listening to "Abacab" tonight. Based on my opinion of "...and then there were three...", do you think it will go back onto my "keeper" shelf, or into the "to trade" pile?
@reubent i always said “ if I could predict the future with any certainty, I would have been retired at thirty sitting on a beach with a drink with money raining on me “....

Abacab is a great garage rocker tape for me and presages the Phil Collins era, traditional Genesis fans eschew... I grew up w Abacab and while certainly not my fave I do enjoy a sporadic play ;-)
Abacab had not been played again since I bought it if that tells you anything .. lol
I have both said lps. Was given "and then there were three" a few years ago and still haven’t played it. I had thoughts of playing "Abacab" a few weeks ago when I noticed @uberwaltz, uhm..cough, cough.... had listened to it. I guess it’s been decades since I’ve listened.
OK, I liked "Abacab" more than "...and then there were three...". But probably not enough to keep it. To the "to trade" pile it goes.
Confederation- Sheffield Lab D2D

in the wishy-washy pile.... another listen
Heart - Dreamboat Annie, Nautilus Half-Speed Mastered.

I have two copies of this and they both sound fantastic.
@big_greg, I cleaned my period pressing that's been with me since it was released. It is in surprisingly great shape and sounds wonderful!
@slaw I think that was a really well produced and recorded album.  I can listen to it over and over.  
And now for something completely different.

The Well Tempered Clavier ... J.S.Bach.

A 5 album box set by Archiv Productions from 1975. Picked up at charity shop for $1, unopened and never played, a real time warp.

Not a hint of unwanted noise, this is possibly one of the albums Chak blathers on about that did not need cleaning.

A little off my normal path but just wow, what a recording, giving the Maggie's a workout as nobody home bar myself!
Pretty sure will not make more than one album at one sitting though.

Will need to rock out again soon.....😁😁
Uber best to let well tempered civilization creep in one disc at a time.....
@bdp24 ,

In your post last week regarding Aretha Franklin/The Swampers.....I was reminded today listening to the radio, that there's a line in "Sweet Home Alabama"   "now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers"....
Yup @slaw, that’s exactly to whom the lyrics refer. I can’t overstate the depth of the extremely high regard in which the musicians in The Swampers are held by other "good" musicians. When you hear Jim Keltner---a drummer who is heard on the recordings of Ry Cooder, J.J. Cale, Bill Frisell, John Hiatt, Lucinda Williams, Bob Dylan, T Bone Burnett, Richard Thompson, George Harrison, John Lennon, Roy Orbison, Harry Nilsson, Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Steely Dan, Tom Petty, Randy Newman, Leon Russell, Jerry Lee Lewis, Joe Cocker, Delaney & Bonnie, Boz Scaggs, Neil Young, Brian Wilson, Charlie Watts, even the damn Pink Floyd---say how much he loves the drumming of Roger Hawkins, and how he wished he played more like him, well, you know he is something really, really special. I know of no better drummer (okay, except for Neil Peart ;-). And the other Swampers are just as good!
@reubent 

Just ordered Dan Fogelberg, High County Snows from discogs.

Thanks for the tip!
Jimi Hendrix "Axis: bold as love" UHQR stereo copy.

Queens of the Stone Age "Songs for the deaf" repress.

Wife is out, volume is up! 

Bill Justis ‎– Raunchy & Other Great Instrumentals

Trio Palabras ‎– Lo Que Dice Mi Canta

Taj Mahal ~ Recycling The Blues & Other Related Stuff

Rebecca Pidgeon ~ the raven
Saw Taj Mahal recently on some show and I would not had recognized him if it wasn't for the announcer saying his name.
Spirit after the formal pronouncement by @bdp24 , it is now #%^da ! Pink Floyd
Been a while since I had listened to this KT lp. I recommend it. Produced by and I believe recorded at Howe Gelb’s home studio to tape.

@slaw ” we are the people our parents warned us about “.  Jimmy Buffett 
Plenty bad man as Neil says....

I am streaming Railroad Earth in anticipation of tonight show at Belly Up - Solana Beach... perhaps my fave music venue....
My first listen ever to...

ZZ Top "The First Album"
London/stereo
PS 584

A really nice copy. What's impressing me is the choice of the engineers for the great separation of the 3 members. This transfers to a really wide soundstage. Very nice!

Speaking of elderly: I just had my pic taken at Walgreens for my new passport (I’m heading over to Ireland/England/France/Germany in April). I compared that pic to that on my 1981 passport, and OH MY GOD is time a cruel mistress. :-(

@tomic601, I have long known about The Belly Up, but made it south only as far as Long Beach, where I gigged quite a bit in the 90’s. One gig was with a band from Austin (for some reason I can’t recall their name, but Ted Roddy was their frontman/singer), and drummer Mike Buck (original drummer in The Fabulous T-Birds, later with The Leroi Brothers ), seeing that I played the exact same drumset as he (1960’s champagne sparkle Ludwigs), suggested we just play on the same set. Unfortunately, I’m a lefty, so had to decline his generous offer. Interestingly, Mike and I both worked with guitar legend Evan Johns, though at the time of my interaction with Mike that event had not yet transpired. Small world.

Eric, 

Safe travels my friend. I knew there was some reason you never ordered a MyMat. ha ha!
Sufjan Stevens "Illinoise"

"look beneath the floorboards
for the secrets I have hid"