Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
RIP Neal - brain cancer is a horrible way to go and he was a warrior, for deep insight into the man beyond his incredible contributions to Rush, check out the Ghostrider documentary 

in my sorrow I am playing RUSH off the server and then Tidal... want to stay away from a delicate cartridge and just F’... thrash
Uber yes of course you need a garage system....

Nakamichi deck ( complimants @bdp24 ), NAD 3020, Sony ES CD, 2 3 channel Rane power amps so I can muck around w tri amp, Dynaco A-25 or IF the neighborhood needs a jolt Klipsch Cornwall circa 1972

i suppose I should move the Denon TT out there......
@slaw Steve will let you know re pressing quality Silver Bell, have an unopened copy headed my way from North LA

i also adore her
Jim, The lp has overall, excellent SQ. My (first pressing) was extremely off-center, not only that...the vinyl looked like it was made off waves (pieces of vinyl stitched together. Oh yeah, it be warped. Having said all of that, it is remarkably quiet with great SQ. It's such a great record, I'd love to own a better pressing.
Just finished Rush "Rush" as a primer to my omage to Neil......

"Fly By Night"
Going for Presto by Rush next up.
Super SQ on this record even though my copy had seen much better days.

Tomic.

That's one baller garage system.......
😉😉
Wow! Both Rush lps sounded great...especially when at the appropriate volume??? BTW, "Fly By Night" was the 2015 Abbey Road re-master.
...................................On to other things...........................
One I've had on order for months came in...you all probably know my affection for Alejandro Escovedo. Well, Run Out Groove just came out with his first record, first time on vinyl.."With These Hands".

I'm hoping it lives up to their (ROG) reputation, ...by that I'm speaking from experience.
Before I switch to streaming Rush for the night had to play this little gem first.

Little Robbers ..... The Motels.
Melissa Etheridge "Never Enough" 1992/UK

This is such a great lp/great sounding lp....a perfect candidate for a re-master @45rpm/dbl/lp.
RUSH - "Roll the Bones"

Why are we here?
Because We're Here
Roll the Bones
Roll the Bones..........
Reubent.
I just picked up that same Yes, Drama album today, not had chance to play it yet.

Slaw

Picked up Never Enough a week or so back too, again no time to play yet.

One of my top show off system albums is Yes I Am on reel at 7.5ips.
@uberwaltz - The "Drama" remaster is pretty good. An improvement over my OP for sure. OP is in the "to trade" bin today and headed to my LRS tomorrow.
@uberwaltz,

Are you figuring out how you can explain to your better half the need for another addition to your house for your vinyl addiction?
Rush - Moving Pictures ( severely taxing the LiL NAIM mulekicker amp, and the wine.... )

I sure hope they have a decent cymbal inventory upstairs in heaven tonight 
Sadder still to watch it die
Than never to have known it 

For you the blind
   who once could see
The bell tolls for thee

The bell tolls for thee
Slaw
Good morning, another all nighter I see!

Might be hard to slide another system past the wife.... lol, although I do need to do something with the Victor TT-71 that is just sitting under a coffee table!

As an aside about 3 days ago I purchased a copy of 2112 that is a 200g reissue and a DMM for a very fair price, claimed to be NM. It might arrive today so we shall see. I needed to replace my very worn original copy.
@uberwaltz, (my brother)

I have that one!. That is THE Rush lp I grew up on, so to speak.....

I’ve been playing around with MyMats. I’ve sold 8 with no complaints.

My latest findings are, it’s important to have the lp playing surface, level to the spindle. With the washers I provide, and some user interest, this can be accomplished. It's best to use a weight...this set-up will give you the great bass response we all crave.

Frankly, two mats are superior to just one in any set-up.
@slaw That was supposed to be Supertramp.  Stuff like that happens when I type on my tablet late at night and don't check to see if auto-correct "fixed" something for me.
Don't you just love Apple auto correct!

Great info on the MyMat Slaw, time to experiment a bit more. I use a combo weight/ clamp right now.

Living in the USA .... Linda Ronstadt
Slaw
Further to Rush.

When I was 17( many years ago now) our college in England had a nice student common room where it seemed I spent more time than in class😁.

It did have a stereo which is why I think I stayed so much.

I think it fair to say we wore out three albums due to constant rotation, and who cared about stylus state at 17!

2112 by Rush.
Grand Illusions by Styx.
Destroyer by Kiss.

Good time's!
Uber,

While I never attended college, I did have plenty of opportunity to discover music. "2112" was/is a hell of a record!