Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I saw Chick Corea back around 82 at a small club called the Pearl Ballroom. In a 3 week period Chick Corea, NRBQ and Brand X all played at the club. All 3 shows were great for a small venue.
Good times waters.  Small performances make big memories.    Don’t know if I told you but a few years ago I got to stand about 10 feet from Santana’s stage left in a very small club.  He was supporting his wife’s band.  There might have been 100 of us in the audience.  
CC came through here about a month ago but I couldn’t go because of a family deal.  His solo stuff has really grown on me over the years.  

Hey Jim.  Am and will be eternally grateful to you for turnin us on to Levi Parham.  Hits me just right.  
U r welcome James!!!
better 7/8 suggested him to me on a listening nite, so credit due her!

Jackson Browne  Running on Empty

The Fabulous Thunderbirds  Butt Rockin

Dire Straits  On every street

Ry Cooder  The Slide Area

Vaughan Brothers  Family Style

Little Feat   Live at Rams Head

I almost picked up that record a couple of minutes ago tomic but settled on Eric Clapton 461 Ocean Boulevard instead. 
Ya man ! I don’t have that on server so I am spinning EC - Backless - ripped from MOFI CD

a seminal album for me, many many great memories.... the treble begs a tone control for gods sake..... what murk.... but I love it so....
Whenever I play EC, JJ ain’t never far behind....

EC and JJ Cale - The Road to Escondido 

I know this road thru Rancho Santa Fe, like the back of my hand.... always looking for the boys on a dusty turn out....,
Demon Fuzz - Has many cross over sounds of Chicken Shack, Cream, Nice and a King Crimsom genre. This is reminiscent of the late 60's music that didn't take off like the Haight- Asbury music explosion. This is what the sounds were in the out of the way clubs that still had Arthur Brown and many pre early genesis roll outs sounds dominating the music.
Right on Waters. I can’t very easily make this record fit into a context, in that although its seems to have elements of the nascent prog and jazz rock of the late 60’s it seems very unique and for sure way ahead of its time. I don’t know enough about all this because I hadn’t found it yet during the time it was actually happening - I got into it much later and am only beginning to learn about a lot of the bands that you already have in your collection (you are my hard rock hero bro) but I love this record for so many reasons. I love that it’s Africans playing it, frankly. I love the Arabic influences that put me in mind of later ECM stuff like Oregon. And most importantly: It rocks. It’s like a really good trip (as they used to say).

——————————

A Foot in Cold Water
1st Album

Freddie King - Getting Ready
Howlin’ Wolf - The London Howlin’ Wolf Sessions
Buddy Guy - A Man And The Blues
Nolan Potter
Nightmare Forever

Notwithstanding the gimmicky spooky theatrical packaging this is pretty nice sounding and certainly interesting stuff to an old guy like me.

“Austin Texan Nolan Potter and his Nightmare Band release Nightmare Forever this week on the mighty Castle Face label. Swirls of bluesy psych and a healthy dose of post D&D flute-rock that is positively soaked in analogue production. It all sounds rather like a long-lost private press from the early Seventies. We are feeling it.”

This music fits in with the old Vangelis, Robert Calvert, Starcastle and Rick Wakemans solo albums. They take you on a journey and let you drift off into another realm. The precursor to this music had band light Birth Control, Babe Ruth, Frumpy and Epitaph all doing the electronic, blues space rock which was heavily influenced by the Kraut rock explosion of the early 70's

Spiritofradio - I appreciate the new albums that you have introduced me to. When I was younger I never listened to a lot of the popular sounds that were on the radio. Myself and my friends were heavily into the British and German underground music movement. The more modern Pink Faires, Camel, Granicus, Bang, Dust and Tempest were more of the widely known music in our time.
Have you ever listened to Strider 1st album or their 2nd album Misunderstood ? If not give them a listen, I think that you will like them.
Two other albums that If you haven't heard is Universe S/T 1971 and Noel Reddings band Road 1st and only album. It was a concept album that was definitely ahead of its time but still sounds good today.
@730waters,

I'm learning a lot from your posts....since I've been sick I've taken more time to audition some things. I will look for "Road". Interestingly, I just found a sealed OP of Fat Matress. 
Hey Guys.  I’m home sick too and mostly diverting myself experimenting with new stuff.  Goes with my rotten mood...

found this today.  Check it out.  
https://open.spotify.com/album/0cLEKTdNamyJ0FzEgqOiP1?si=sPST5v5VTYST5mYOSCBDIQ
I have Road and Universe.  They are both on an evolving list of ‘68-‘74 favorites that someday I’ll ask you to help flesh out, if you would, Waters.  
I think I knew of Stryder but had forgotten.  Will check it out.  
Great contextual Info bro.  Enjoy your listening today.  I’m having trouble really getting into the music  feeling so rotten and ears and head all clogged.   TMI I know i know.  
Fat Mattress was good with Noel Redding. The 2nd album not so much. They had a sound in the same style as Blind Faith. You made a great score with the Fat Mattress Album.
I like that Fat Mattress record.
Ok Re: Strider. Yes I remember this now because I remember when Van Halen’s record came out a few years later we said we’d already heard it - or something to that effect. My friend Greg had this record (and I probably taped it off him). Pretty slick production and they had quite a bit of the 80’s hair band formula down even in ’73/‘74. Tone, major lift chorus, big dynamic shifts, Pretty good musicians really, and ahead of their time (interesting that it really sounds like a late 70s or 80s record). Worthwhile man, thanks.
This is the kind of music that my pimpled faced friends and I went crazy for when we were 13 or 14 (Like the first couple of Kiss albums). But we grow up (sadly). I listen to some of my old records (like the first couple of Kiss albums) now with a mixture of ego and embarrassment.
A blend of oldies:
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Dave Brubeck - Take 5
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Tucky Buzzard
Allright on the Night
’73 O/P

”Don’t think much 
to all of my lost chances,
with you around
there’s nothing left to fear”
The Tempest
Tempest
‘73 (repress?)

w Holdsworth on guitar.  I think he was mentioned here the other day.  
Look up Tempest Live album if you haven't heard it.

Are you familiar with 3 Man Army,  Bull Angus, Highway Robbery - For the love of money, Sir Lord Baltimore, Ursa Major (Dick Wagner}, Mitch Ryder with Detroit. 

I have listened to Tempest albums from when they were 1st released

I saw Robin Trower 4 times in the last 43 years and his show are never disappointing.
@730waters, Thanks, will def check out the live record.   Love Bull Angus and SLB. I have records by the bands you mentioned except for Highway Robbery. Will have to look into them.  
Forgot to post earlier that all this early hard rock inevitably led to

Priest
SWOD

Alan Vega, Martin Rev “Suicide” (1977)
Alan Vega, Martin Rev “Suicide: Alan Vega and Martin Rev” (1980)
Dennis Duck (LAFMS) “Dennis Duck Goes Disco”

Rolling Stones  - Let it Bleed  - 50th anniversary reissue Bob Ludwig remaster. SQ Very good, not awesome, better remastering than Beggars Banquet, pretty quiet vinyl