Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Thx Tomic, sorry did not mean to mix you up with Greg!

Very interested as I am so impressed with the Phonomena in my system and for the small cost of the Nova iii it might be the next big thing.
I know Slaw will despair and throw his hands up in the air... lol.

But in my defense your honour!

I am presently heavily enamoured by Astatic/Glanz MF carts and these REALLY respond well to a wide open loading of 100k.

They sound much sweeter and with more air through the Phonomena than through the Chinook.
FWIW @uberwaltz, from what I've read in the past, the Musical Surrounding pre-amps caught my eye more than once. I'm glad to have in this particular thread, all of you, whom I'm getting to know through music that are willing to give their opinions on gear. To me, these opinions carry more weight than the reviewers.

Hands down.
Just had an odd thing happen...looked out the door and there was an unexpected lp there. Opened it up, Special EFX "Slice of Life". I didn't order it, never heard of it. Called Amazon, their masterful help was, change your password/keep the lp.

Any of you ever heard of this lp?
khruangbin "The Universe Smiles Upon You" although most likely digital, highly enjoyable/relaxing jazzy/bluesy  world music. All instrumental.  Actually, it reminds me of a mixture of Peter Green and Santana....that should get your "buy" finger limber!
Slaw.
The special efx album maybe something you will like, a sort of jazz/ fusion group.
Try it, not got much to lose.
You are lucky, I usually get a notice saying item delivered but when I look there is nothing there. Then if I am really lucky someone from down the street will bring me an album that was dropped off at their house instead! 😫😫.

Hey we are all in this hobby for the joy and experience and if anyone's view or opinions can help others it is a very good thing indeed.
Actually I am getting more into jazz/ fusion as I get older.
Recent favorite are Spyro Gyra and Passport.

Some phenomenal playing on these and IMHO fairly accessible.
No worries, I am a North Korean robot , so anytime I am confused with a real audiophile is a serious compliment 
@tomic601,

You are certainly included in the "group" of people I'm getting to know here.

North Korean robot?
Darn it I could have sworn you was a Taiwanese robot!
lmfao

btw, what is a real audiophile??
Hey, you guys are operating on a much higher plain than me....I just hope I did’t piss anyone off?
Heck no Slaw!
Don't worry I am more than capable of letting people know when they piss me off..... lol.

Did you try that special efx album yet?

And sending a message your way soon re "the mat".
No to the EFX lp, that will be at a later date......

Gregg Allman "Southern Blood"  Rounder
Actually I am getting more into jazz/ fusion as I get older.

@uberwaltz Check out Weather Report if you haven't already.
Thx Greg.
New to me but the whole genre is new to me.
One good( or bad depending on your viewpoint) aspect is that my lrs owner is heavily into jazz/ fusion so he has a LOT of album to browse through.
Jamesclarke.
Thx!
Just what I needed.....
A reason to spend more money.

😂😂😂😂
@jamesclarke,

Glad you're still out there, wish you were participating more regularly like you use to.
Impossible to piss me off, I am the Karma Chameleon.... I can be any Taiwanese Bot y’all need me to me...,

Pink Floyd 
AMLOR

2017 Redux

not my favorite but Gilmore’s guitar, you know.   
"Southern Blood" is such a good record. Miss Gregg.

Roger Waters "Amused to Death" AP
@big_greg. If one doesn’t know weather report, don’t you think it’s important to start with heavy weather and/or black market. The later records are quite different and IMO not anywhere near as good. well, at the least they are just different. Of course heavy weather is one of the very best of anything I think. put Z’s birdland on and just try not to tap yer foot or clap along.
Dudes.... how do you even know about Khruangbin ????? Omg love this thread and Tidal - streaming The Universe Smiles On You now.....
Spirit.
I did not know weather report but the internet is a wonderful thing ... Lol.
Already figured the mid 70,s albums would be my ticket.
Like heavy weather , Mr gone and black market ... Lol.

Now I had heard of and heard Jaco Pastorious. I used to play bass and that guy was just freaking amazing.
I will be streaming some later tonight via Qobuz
Getting my Dire Straits on! My 4 MFSL records showed up today, starting with self-titled. Sounds fantastic! 
As far as weather report, black market and heavy weather are great. I also like mysterious traveller. 
Khruangbin is kind of a big deal with the hipsters here in Portland.  They come through regularly.   I think it’s probably best to introduce yourself to them with con todo el mundo and play it on YouTube.  The visuals are really integral to the whole deal.  Music is very cool.  Feels like the records and local bands we (old fellows) grew up with.  
@big_greg,

I did not order initially out of fear MD would release a better version, IE:(UD1S) or similar in the future. I've been burned like this several times. However after reading mofimadness thread stating they were sold out, I ordered through Acoustic Sounds "S/T" & "Communique". We'll see if I get them.

Please continue with your reporting.
Dear Uber, et. al.
Here is a list:

Return to Forever - “Romantic Warrior”

Weather Report - “Heavy Weather”

Pat Metheny Group - S/T

Pat Metheny Group - “First Circle”

Billy Cobham - “Spectrum”

Alphonse Mouzon - “Mind Transplant”

Non-comprehensive (no saxophones) but perhaps canonical (for me) with respect to the roots of a certain old white guy’s path through Fusion.  Goes without saying YMMV.  Probably this belongs elsewhere.  Try it,  amend it, enjoy it.  You know.  
As a sometimes ( always lousy ) bass player, I always thought Jaco was a God - so I was wondering what happened to him ? Man, not a good story but seemingly appropriate to our crazy times.... so very sad
On it @slaw !!! Thanks but a true NC based N Korean bot woulda recommended Pork Belly Kim Chi 
Tomic
His story is sad especially when you consider how long ago that was, 87 I think?
Still a bit of an uncommon occurrence then.

Spirit.
Thank you for that list, most kind.
@spiritofradio,

If you did, I forgot. Going??

BTW, Did you tell us how the Caroline Spence show was?

@tomic601 ,

I’m so sad. I can't even pretend to be a decent N. Korean bot.

Courtney Barnett "A Sea of Split Peas"  dbl/EP

Saw her earlier this summer. What a joy! A true rocker at heart with her own twist. She's got it! Whatever "it" is.
Queen "News of the World" 2015/Abbey Road/half speed

I'm pretty sure I have no need to say "turn it up"!!!!