Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@slaw I love Montrose!  The S/T will always be my favorite, but Paper Money is no slouch.  Moving on to Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies.  I "downgraded" my 2nd table to a Shure V15 IV cart with a Jico SAS and have been playing some of my less than perfect records while I'm puttering around the house.  The Shure is sounding really good and these less than perfect records play pretty quiet.
@jamesclarke....ya man Maui state of mind. We love Mana Kai in Kihei....i am sure I am butchering the spelling...turned a 450# Blue loose there...yes indeed a state of mind...
piling on with Tedeschi Trucks in anticipation of this eve show....

” Made up Mind “.... indeed
geeking out on Tedeschi Trucks...concert was stellar , played with drive and intensity for > 3 hours. Yowsa !!!!! Certainly rivals the small venue Charleston show I caught them at years ago....but with a much greater depth of material......

Row O middle, sound was excellent, Civic Theatre is a nice venue....

load up the Panzerwagon microbus and lets chase em.....

What’s not on my turntable tonight:

• Camel - mirage
  • Sabbath - Masters of Reality
  • Montrose - eponymous 1st
  • UFO - Lights Out
  • Crack the sky - safety in numbers
  • Weather Report - Heavy Weather
  • Moxy - Eponymous 1st
  • Yes - fragile
  • Sabbath - Vol. 4
  • Machine Head
  • Tull - SFTW
  • ZZ “Top’s” - Rio Grande Mud
  • Moving Pictures
  • Tommy Bolin - Teaser
  • Foghat - Rock & Roll Outlaws
  • Robin Trower - Bridge Of Sighs
  • Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior
  • UFO - No Heavy Petting
  • Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
  • UFO - Phenomenon
  • Foghat - eponymous 1st
  • Sad Wings of Destiny

And no Hendrix, no Rory Gallagher, and no old guy with the bundle of sticks.

So I play them in my head ‘til I get back...

there is a record store on Maui........
been there, done that, got the hat!!!!!
I wasn't actively looking for it but a new/unsealed/never played Beatles "Blue Box" UK came on my radar last week, so it's sitting on a record rack now.

Up soon:
The Spinners "MFSL"
Average White Band "S/T"
Lions & Ghosts "Velvet Kiss, Lick of the Lime" ...an experimental lp for me...
….........… after side one, I consider this lp fluff/a dud for content.
Pablo Cruise - "A Place in the Sun"

From my recent 10 cent/LP pick at my LRS. Better than I remember it being back in 1977. Decent Disco Era Soft/Pop Rock. A couple of duds, but overall, not bad.
@reubent ,

I have that lp on MFSL....haven't listened in 30 years.

BTW, I knew one of the members' ex-wife and her family. Used to party with her and her brother. I asked her out once.....I now realize she let me down in a cool way by offering to set me up with someone else...…..
Liz Phair "S/T" from 2003, mine is the 2017 re-issue/colored dbl vinyl. Side one is kind of dark brown translucent and it’s easy to see through. I actually bought my daughter this cd when it came out. I always liked it and wished for the vinyl. My wish has come true.

More later.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,......….....After sides 1 & 2 the SQ is more than acceptable. Nothing tipped up or any noticeable compression. My history with current Capitol re-masters has been mostly negative. Not here.
"Cannibal Courtship" just continues to improve is SQ as my system improves. Highly Enjoyable!
@uberwaltz,

You have a great friend.
...……......…………………….........
Califone "Stitches"

@slaw .

Yes indeed!

Also received a copy of Frank Marino Live too.

I had told him I had a copy of Dream of The Blue Turtles by Sting spare if he wanted it ( for some reason I had 3 copies!).

He brought those round as exchange which I had not intended but extremely gratefull to say the least.

Good to have friends.
Even better to have good friends!
@uberwaltz,

You said it well brother.
……………............…
Suzanne Vega "Beauty and Crime"  Classic Records
@slaw - Pull out your MFSL of "A Place in the Sun" and give it a spin. Let me know what you think of it.

@uberwaltz - Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush - "Live" - Awesome! Love it.......

Only have time for one tonight. Leaving for weekend camping trip early tomorrow morning.

The winner is:

Willie Nelson - "Always on my Mind"
I pulled out my lp of Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush "Tales of the Unexpected" a couple weeks ago and it blew me away!

Here's an lp that is very well it's equal and I have no problem exclaiming it's superiority...….

Aldo Nova "Subject"