Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The SQ on the above EP is Ex! I will play the studio lp in a little while.

Bob Seger "Beautiful Loser"  OP/orange label/Capitol, I pulled this out last night (this morning actually) and laid down, and succumbed to sleep.
"Beautiful Loser" is such an excellent record. It should be in everyone's collection.
Above....One hell of a record!
……………………………...…….....
The Jayhawks "Rainy Day Music"
Re-listening to Guy Clark - "My Favorite Picture of You"

I like it better the second time through. May be because I was really tired the first time I listened to it. 
Hiss Golden Messenger "Heart Like a Levee"
……………………………..
@reubent ,

How one feels or one's mindset is an important part of one's enjoyment of music.
Sirens of the Ditch is truely awesome 

forgive me but I am up North with no table here at moment, the SOTA project is behind schedule and over budget, so I may mention things I am listening to from the server...just to stay in touch..

The Wailin’ Jennys - 40 Days

have seen them live about five times now in small venues, never enough......

@slaw missing Beautiful Loser so Live Bullet will have to do !

i grew up cranking Bob on my Dad’s McIntosh/Bozak system...tubes glowing blue a bit into soft clipping......ya man....

@tomic601 ,

"Beautiful Loser" is such a great piece of art.....you NEED it, my friend.

I love the history...….
Ian Hunter "You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic" (CHR 1219) ... this is a dirty copy I picked up at my local record store, Recycle Music, for $4.99 ... yeah, I need to clean it, but man, the mastering and pressing is quality.
Justin Townes Earle - "Nothing’s Gonna Change the Way You Feel About Me Now"

Also better the second time through.......
@slaw will hunt down the Orange label vinyl..

like a dog on a bone... Nine Tonight....

BTW brother just saw Bob live in Florida - said he is slowing down but kicked A

better catch him while we can....
@slaw - I love "Long Misty Days", especially the title track. I love the drone in the middle. Classic......
@kenwood61,

Welcome to the best thread on Audiogon.
………………………………….
Songs : Ohia  "Love & Work" (The Lioness Sessions)
Leonard Cohen - Ten New Songs  ( with the great Sharon Robinson )

......iF you get a chance indulge yourself in some of the Poetry Leonard wrote..

two of my favorites,,

Book of Mercy
Book of Longing

he knew things.....miss him deeply
leonard Cohen - You Want it Darker

imo he could see e future and got out...

Modest Mouse "This is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing to Think About"
Patty Griffin "1000 Kisses"   re-listen
Patty Griffin "S/T" ...….. later
Just echoing here what others have said about the Patty Griffin "S/T" lp.
It's a wonderful record!
Tedeschi/Trucks Band "High & Mighty" RSD/4 song EP/45rpm   oh yeah...turn it up!
Getting ready to start into the Tom Petty "American Treasure" box I recently found as a 2018 RSD issue. I've only made it through the first (2) lps of Anthology. A lotta listening ahead...…………..
Well, if the 1st lp from "American Treasure" is any indication of what is yet to come, I’m a very happy camper!.

Going by my musical memory, it's rivaling the first studio box.
Too old to Rock n Roll, Too Young to Die .... Jethro Tull.

Could not match Reubent 15c buys but our LRS was at least having a 50% off sale so the $1 bins gave me a few 50 cent buys.

Including this one and a few Jackson Browne and Gordon Lightfoot albums
I've listened to the first two lps from "American Treasure". I can confidently say...if you're a fan still sitting on the fence trying to decide if you should get the 1st or 2nd box sets, or even the "Anthology", get "American Treasure"! You'll not be disappointed.
Digging deep back into Songs:Ohia (Love & Work) "The Lioness Sessions"...……….the second lp .
@uberwaltz,

I'm trying to understand. You have a great system. You've invested in a great vinyl playback. 

You seem to want to "cheep out" on the source of your investment. IE: bargain bin lps. I understand the motive, I understand your intent...but IMO, it doesn't make sense. Could you convince me why?
Honestly Slaw you REALLY need to see and hear some of my bargain bin buys.
Seriously I can tell a lot of how it’s going to sound mostly by looks and sure I have got it wrong a few times,nobody is perfect.

But the vast majority I have bought hardly need more than a cursory wipe to play and sound excellent.

I have zero interest really in purchasing remasters or speciality label issues.
Never tried 45rpm album releases but getting up every 20 to 25 minutes to change sides is already tiresome enough at times ... Lol.

Maybe I am missing out but I also feel like I am " rescuing " precious gems from the scrap heap.

I am very happy with my mix of bargain buys and near mint issues but most are original releases.

Oh trust me the bargain bins do contain a LOT of junk that is only fit to make ash trays and modern art!

Maybe you never heard me talk of my Magnum collection where each one was close to $100 each as only released on German labels and not imported here.

I spend when I have/need to but in the meantime I really enjoy the albums my LRS throws in its bargain bins, usually the same quality other shops charge $5 or more for.

That may give you a bit of an insight into my mindset.
If still think I am off kilter so be it, I am happy and I am the only one who counts!
😎😎😎😎
Low Budget .... The Kinks.

This one has truly killer SQ, I am very impressed.
Uberwaltz,

I emphatically agree with you!  I love hitting the flea markets for dollar finds.  I learn a lot about music, and definitely take more risks at that price point.  Just today I got some reggae, jazz, soca, rap, Springsteen and Sinatra at a storage unit sale.  Forty-three records for $43 and a whole lot of stuff to talk to my new Jamaican DJ nephew about. And all they need is a quick cleaning before they go on the turntable.  
We all got quirks....

@slaw did I gush yet about scoring seats for Patty Griffin at Belly Up tavern in Solana beach ???! Omg I am stoked

also was wondering when you would spin  the 45 rpm RSD Tedeschi Trucks - imo better than Signs

a sonic stunner, has the high frequency extension missing off Signs

BTW Sirens of the Ditch has kick A kick drum grunt
this record will tell ya lots about slam on the very first cut
Jerry Douglas - Skip, Hop & Wobble

a truely great player, caught him live at The Orange Peel in Ashevile....dig that venue for sure...