Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Just finished listening to lp 2 of Steve Earle "Guy" after flattening. Sounds great!
Listened to Gun's and Roses, Mercyful Fate "Don't Break the Oath", Iron Maiden " Number of the Beast".  Tonight will be a prog night.
Foghat "Stone Blue"

No idea how my copy made it through my younger days so good.? What a great R&R lp!
Hey @petermj,

I know early Genesis was considered "art rock". After playing "Trick of the Tail" yesterday, I'd say that lp is prog.
@slaw  the JVC QL-Y66F is an 80's vintage fully automatic direct drive turntable.  It has a really nice looking rosewood base with a large 14" platter.  When I got it, I couldn't turn it up very loud or it would start to hum from airborne vibrations.  The plinth is hollow and not well braced.  I stuffed a few pounds of plastic-clay in it and put some vibrapods beneath the cheap fiberboard on the bottom of the plinth to keep it from vibrating and now it sounds really good.  It came with springy feet and I replaced those with some heavy aluminum feet and have it on a Symposium Ultra platform.  I have springy floors and the feet eliminated footfall issues I was having.

It comes with two arms - a straight arm and an s-shaped arm.  I'm using the straight arm and haven't tried the S arm yet.  The Kiseki blue seems a good match.  I ran it through the Hifi New test record torture tracks and it did very well.  

It's not a high end table by any means, but with the minor tweaks I've made it's a really fun turntable to own and sounds great.  It has some cool features like a dial to set VTF, anti-skate, and damping and buttons to move the tonearm left or right.  Things come and go in my system, but I think this will stay for a while.

Here's some info on the table.

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/jvc/ql-y66f.shtml
@big_greg,

I like your description of the JVC better than the vinyl engine.

Sounds really cool! Based upon the TT you're selling, I assumed the JVC is superior.
@slaw  The RPM9 is a "better" table, but I never made an emotional connection with it, which probably sounds dumb, but whatever. 

The RPM9 is very similar to my Music Hall MMF 7.1 - same motor, same decoupled design, same tonearm.  The big difference is in the design of the plinth. 

The 7.1 is probably my "best" turntable, either that or my Clearaudio Emotion.  They're both kind of "pedestrian", but with a good cartridge, good isolation, and a good phono pre they both sound great.  

The Kiseki Blue mounted on the JVC and running through the Chinook is currently the best sounding setup in my collection.
@big_greg,

I love the way you described the tt history you have.  What brings one closer to the music, ( IE: a personal connection), is THE goal, IMO.
Led Zeppelin "How the West Was Won" Box  "for those who're 'bout to rock"...……………..
The Steve Earle lp is sounding very good after flattening. Not sure why I had initial misgivings?
@big_greg I understand, I was gifted an 80’s Denon DP-35 F on retirement ( from evil Audiophile buddy ) with damping and a base, it punches  far above weight and is emotionally satisfying in my vintage system...even with a beater Grado RP

fun and connected to the music as Slaw says IS the key !!!

Miles Davis - In Person at the Blackhawk, San Francisco 

reissue on Impex #329 of 2000

i am sure #329 is THE white hot stamper.... ha
Hey @tomic601 ,

I have both copies of that night, sealed, with the sales sticker, $2.37. in stereo.

How about that?
 @slawI would categorize $2.37 as an Epic score !!!!

akin to finding the Rosetta Stone
BTW
i am in love with the cover photo, the mood and of course, the girl...

who is she ?
@tomic601 ,

If you're referring to Miles, the girl on the cover of several of his lps was his girlfriend at the time.
Ha,  @slaw I played two RL copies of Gaucho back to back after they came out of the US to see which one I should keep. 
Have an original Mofi copy of Katy Lied rolling at the moment and it is improved after the US. 
I have cleaned about 75 albums today and listened to much of many of them to hear the results, going so hard at it I haven't posted any of it 
Hiss Golden Messenger  "Poor Moon"   Excellent!

@6t5-gto,

I have the MFSL "Katy Lied" as well. I never thought that lp sounded great.
@tomic601 It's nice to have friends like that!  I also have a Radio Shack LAB440 direct drive fully automatic turntable that is surprisingly good.  
Neil Young "Harvest Moon"   2017/dbl lp/re-master...everyone needs this
Starflyer 59 "Dial M"
…......……………………...
I have an OP of Humble Pie "Eat It" from the boxes of gifted lps I’ve had for years that I’m slowly going through that looks very good. I’m reserving it for this upcoming weekend. Also, RSD is this same weekend. I’m planning on reserving my place in line an hour early, as I’ve got my eye on several.
Gary Peacock- “Tales of Another”

Camel - “Rain Dances” sounds beautiful and wet through the 834P...
Camel has been mentioned a lot lately. I've always wanted "Rajaz" on vinyl. I think it's never been released on vinyl?
@slaw agreed on the MFSL Katy Lied, it sounds flat to me, but it does actually sound better to me after a good US cleaning. I would tell anyone to find a first pressing instead of the MFSL copy. 

Beatles  - Sgt Pepper  - early stereo  - VG
Beatles  - Abby Road  - early stereo  - G
ASIA  -  S/T  M original  - made my hair grow into a mullet 
Joe Satriani  - Surfing with the Aliens - grew the mullet more 
Jackson Browne  - Hold Out 
ARS - Champagne Jam- VG+ and SQ was way better than I remember 
Steely Dan- Can't Buy a Thrill  - early release  - EX 
Pink Floyd  - The Final Cut  - amazing SQ,  just wish I liked the content more 
Ted Nugent  - first pressing  S/T - SQ VG+, vinyl still a bit rough after cleaning 
@6t5-gto,

Hello! When I’ve mentioned Ted Nugent, I felt like the lonliest person in the world.
@slaw .

Huge Nugent fan.

Caught him live Hammersmith Odeon, London back in 76 or 77.

It was Gonzo tour I think, I know he took the stage in just loincloth.

About halfway through he yelled , " what song is it you want to hear".

One solitary voice screamed .....

" Great white Buffalo!".

Yep that was me.....