Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Still cleaning and listening to some barn finds from last month.  

The Boomtown Rats- A Tonic For The Troops
George Harrison- George Harrison (with “Blow Away”)
Chuck Brown and The Soul Searchers- Bustin’ Loose
Trixie Whitley "Fourth Corner" import
……………………………
I'm proud of you @uberwaltz , I think?
@reubent thanks, that is exactly what I needed, more vinyl! I picked out 11 records but some rat bastad got the last copies of Autobahn and Making Movies, that snake! Hopefully they are all pristine. 

Oh 
Miles Davis  - Someday My Prince Will Come  - Analogue Productions 200g 33rpm, I am fairly convinced that APs 200g stuff is some of the best pressed vinyl ever. So great 
Thx Slaw ... I think ... Lol.

Actually there were 2 I had been looking for a while now and huge bonus at just $8 each!
@slaw you ever going to listen to that Marvin Gaye? Or you gonna send it back sealed?
@6t5-gto,

"Someday My Prince Will Come"... that’s one of the estate sale lps I found years ago for $1.00 each. Mine is a OP/6eye/stereo. I’m sure the AP will have a fuller midrange/bass.

Regarding the Marvin Gaye....I still have several new lps that I need to hear before any chance of sending back possible defects escapes me. I did open it and upon inspection it looked perfect, so I feel comfortable in waiting for that one. I’m hoping the saying, "good things come to those who wait" will apply at some point.
…………………………………………..
I’ve spent a couple hours tweaking my TT set-up today. Nice improvements sonically. Installed a BDR for the Source shelf under my Rock 7 and tweaked the motor alignment, washed the belt.... Nice! I posted the new set-up on my virtual system page if interested.
@slaw nice catch on the 6 eye OP of Someday, I would still guess that one sounds excellent. I need more of those $1 finds 

You are a man of strong restraint, it was everything I could do to stop working at the house and shove everyone out of my listening room within 5 mins of it arriving at my doorstep. I already have 4 runs through it.

Springsteen  - Nebraska  - almost mint OP,  very very good 
Valley Maker "When I Was a Child".
After a good flattening, I had to listen again. Highly Recommended!
………………………………..
Need to listen to Nebraska again, I think it’s been 30 years?
@6t5-gt0,

While we're talkin' Miles, one of my new lps is a mono "Sketches of Spain" pressed at RTI on 180gr. I've wanted a copy of this one for a while and found this at one of the 50/60% off sales and went for it. I figured it should be pretty good.
@slaw Aja is one of few 'perfect' records. Loves me some SD.

I would love to hear the report on Sketches of Spain.  Do you have a good copy of Seven Steps to Heaven? 

Rod Stewart  - Every Picture Tells A Story - OP 
Lucinda Williams "The Ghosts of Highway Twenty"
………………………………….
@6t5-gto,
Don't own Seven Steps.

I do own the MFSL Silver label of "Every Picture....."
@slaw I love that record and highly recommend the AP 200g 33rpm version. It is phenomenal and thinking about it has me spinning it as we speak. Excellent 

@boxer12 great choice. Do you have Summer Sun by YLT on vinyl? 
Paul Simon  - There Goes Rhymin Simon  reissue, EX SQ
Jillian Welch - Soul Journey  -  phenomenal pressing, master, mix, vinyl quality, recording, excellent 
Rolling Stones "Hot Rocks '64-'71" ...clear vinyl/sounds great
……………………………….
Gillian Welch /David Rawlings lps from 2018 are some of THE best sounding (lp) recordings of lately!
Haven’t mounted it yet. How’s your rack coming along?

The Black Angels ":Passover"

"Drums & Guns"...one of my lps awaiting me....
Making progress on the rack but listening to music to much (LOL)

McDonald & Giles
When do you sleep Slaw? Lol

Rocking Into The Night ... 38 Special.

@reubent 
I have that Rare Earth " backpack" edition too and it's pretty slick SQ.
Allies ... Crosby, Stills & Nash.

Couple more of my $1 buys that are truly excellent condition and SQ.

Overall out of the roughly 100 of the 200 I bought that I have played so far there has been only about 3 that I would consider possibly too far gone to be worthwhile.
Always great to rescue and resurrect old vinyl... And does not hurt to save a few dollars to boot!
Just for @reubent 

Supertramp  - Brother Where you Bound  - NM OP that was part of a collection I bought a few weeks ago 

@uberwaltz I wish I had more $1 per record big finds and awesome that most have worked out. I have struggled with some of my vintage vinyl purchases. My last one was $3.35 per record but the condition of the vinyl has been quite good 

I am still kicking myself, I had a chance to buy 10K records for $10K and I passed, very good condition, almost every one was in a plastic sleeve, not a lot of crap...haunts me 
Gto
10k albums!
Would take a lifetime to clean and work through.

I am getting some more tomorrow saying that, he rang and asked me to come and take some more off his hands. About another 200 I think so be set for this year.
Plus the vinyl I buy anyway of course ... Lol.

To the music.

Cyan ... Three Dog Night.

Few cracks and pops on this one but still hard to complain.
Had a few friends over tonight.  Played by request:

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk
The Soul Stirrers- The Golden Gospel
@6t5-gto - "Brother Where You Bound" - You know it's my favorite..... Thanks...
Demons and Wizards
Taproot Manuscript
City to City
The Way It Is
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (shootout)
Year of the Cat
New Favorite

@millercarbon - Welcome to the thread. Keep 'em coming....

That's quite a list you put together. Was that all one listening session? Great stuff.
The Wizard was to see if my German Import is good enough to keep. It is. Taproot I played the whole thing. ND was ahead of his time in going to Africa, and of course Done Too Soon is a one of a kind. [Edit: There've always been a few names there I didn't know. I just looked them up. This song is even more impressive now than ever.]

City to City, there was a time you couldn’t open your window at WSU without hearing that Baker Street sax coming from some dorm somewhere.

YBR was a shootout between two copies. One turned out to be quite a bit quieter, more detailed and 3D than the other. Amazing since I started doing this almost every time one turns out to be much better than another. Sometimes dramatically so! If a record doesn’t sound good I no longer blame the recording, I blame the pressing!

Year of the Cat by now its late and I always go to the really good stuff, but I just can’t quit the 70’s. Some of it like Silk Degrees just sounds so dated. But On the Border, you just want to keep playing it over and over....

New Favorite, what a mix of styles, all superbly recorded, ending with the sublime title track. What can you do? Wash down the last of the Makers Mark and call it a night.
@millercarbon - Nice evening, and some great, great records. Many are in my list of favorites. And ending with the last of the Makers Mark ain't bad either.  
Out of the Blue ... Electric Light Orchestra.

This is one of my $1 buys that was covered in fingerprints that defied cleaning.
Until I read the thread on using glass cleaner. Yup, removed every fingerprint in seconds!
I'm a believer....