Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Up next is one of two I acquired just this week from this artist.......

Donna The Buffalo "Tonight, Tomorrow and Yesterday". So, here goes...……..
@reubent ,
I've thought some more about your question regarding Sarah Shook. My belief on how one (takes) her is where one may come from in life. I find a lot of personal history in her lyrics. This, coupled with the emotion of singing something so personal, may be something she cannot control. ?

This is just subjective and may only be proven by seeing her live.?
@slaw Can’t go wrong with Hope!
The McGarrigle sisters do a lovelier rendition of the song Heart Like a Wheel (they wrote it).
@slaw - My first listen to Sarah Shook was via headphones. The vocal thing was very annoying. However, when I listened on my main audio system last night, it was much less so. This is a good thing.

Anyway, I really like the songs. As I said, they could have been EXCELLENT, but the vocal thing is a bit of a distraction for me.

I agree with you, seeing her live should confirm if it is genuine. If it is authentic, I love it.......
@reubent ,

You had me wondering for a minute or two my brother. I'm a believer right now. My hope is, you will become a believer, my friend.
…………………….
@noromance 

I'm so glad you are posting here now. I appreciate being proved wrong by anyone who is respectable.
@slaw - "just give me something to believe in......"

"Something to Believe in" - Parachute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyVZ4uVHYRw

Sorry for the pop song, but the lyrics seemed appropriate :~) And I think its a really good pop song....

Merry Christmas! Headed down your way for the Holidays. Will be in SC, over by Anderson/Greenville. 
@reubent ,

Thanks for the mention...

That song is no where near the songs by Sarah Shook my friend.

I wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
@slaw uh oh, "respectable?" That can’t be good. In fairness Linda does a nice job too.

The Walkabouts - Satisfied Mind
The Walkabouts - Travels in the Dustland
Tom Waits - Blue Valentine

@slaw - "once again, you failed to miss the point" ;~)

I wasn't comparing the two. I just was saying "give me something to believe in". You know I love authentic music. If Sarah Shook turns out to be the real deal, I'm all in. I just want something, or some musicians, I can believe in and get behind. Not many around, at least in popular music. But there seems to be a pretty good crop in Americana and Alt-Country and Indy. Time will tell.....
@slaw 

I am sure you probably own just about anything I have in my meager collection.

Lol.
Slaw, I am proud of you. Twice in one day! Also +1 for  Hope Sandoval. I've been a fan of her's since the 80's when she was in the band "Opal". Her work with "Mazzy Star" was also simply incredible. I'll have to check out her latest!

Mark Lanegan / Black Pudding
@slaw I find the AP 200g stuff (33 and 45) to be pretty impeccable, very flat and almost always perfectly cut on center. I think it was some of the Classic Vinyl stuff that suffered from off center cuts and some quality issues but the AP stuff is excellent. Not cheap by any standards but it is well worth it. Can't recommend it enough. 

Hey, if you have any interest in the Simon and Garfunkel Bridge Over Troubled Water Mofi One Step my local Record Store still has a new copy for $109? Saw it yesterday. 

Earlier  - Depeche Mode  - Violator 
Now The Cure  - Greatest Hits  - reissue  - excellent 
Blondie “Parallel Lines”
Miles Davis “‘Round About Midnight” first pressing in mono
Don Shirley  "Don Shirley Plays Shirley: An Improvisation On The Story Of Orpheus.”
Helen Humes ‎- ’Sneakin’ Around’

Buddy Rich Band - ’Buddy Rich Band’

Erroll Garner - Erroll Garner Gems (Columbia 1955) - even though it crackles, the piano on this is breathtaking.
Getting into the Christmas spirit 

AC/DC  - Highway to Hell - loud.  Very loud. - Original pressing 
Followed by a little:
Strauss  -  Also Sprach Zarathustra,  Op 30 on Analogue Productions 200g -  Living Stereo label, incredible SQ and dynamics. Feels like the movie will start any second

Alan Parsons  - I Robot  - 45rpm Mofi 
Ketty Lester - Love Letters (Mono)

Wovenhand - Mosaic

Grateful Dead - American Beauty
Damien Rice "Live @ Fingerprints: Warts & All"

Nicole Atkins "Neptune City" MOV
Hey Slaw, I certainly did. You too?

Bonnie Prince Billy / Wolf of the cosmos 
@boxer12,
I did. Thanks.
Glen Hansard "It Was Triumph, We Once Proposed"...songs of Jason Molina...
I hope you own this one.

Next, I'm going to re-listen to the Neil Finn & Paul Kelly lp I posted over the past weekend. It needed some flattening. Hopefully now it will sound a little better?