Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Up next a band I discovered fairly recently, (thankfully)…………....

Califone  "Quicksand/Cradlesnakes"
Been a long boring week away from home for work.
Got back about 1 hour ago, put the amps onto warm up as soon as I walked in ... Lol.

Parcel of Rogues ... Steeleye Span.

@uberwaltz,

You sound very similar to myself, buddy. What amp/s are you currently using?
………………………
@reubent ,

For some reason, every time I think about playing that lp, (The Pretenders) I choose another. I gotta stop that.
@slaw .

Its just one amp right now,slip of the tongue.
However even though it is SS it definitely sounds a lot nicer after 30 to 60 minutes of warm up or playing time.

Ayre ax7e for now. Hopefully done with the pre/power amp rat race for a while.
This integrated does everything I need so far.
I feed it my phono in one set of XLR.the Brooklyn DAC into second set of Xlr, Nakamichi tape deck into rca input and old Pioneer SACD player into,last set of the inputs.
Fortunately my phono has 2 separate inputs so both TT go direct to that.
@uberwaltz,

You're lucky... my highly modded McCormack needs around 6 hours of warm up to begin serious listening. Pat @ SMC Audio says the Plitron transformer needs 24 hours before it is at optimum operating temp at it's core.

Let's see, oh, the music....
Regarding the latest Roger Waters lp. It seems to borrow quite a bit on The Wall. Ultimate dynamics aren’t there because of compression. Still, it’s nice to hear him, IMO. Then comes side 3, it becomes something a little new and different. More plays are in order. A final determination will have to be forthcoming.
Weather Report - "Heavy Weather"

Picked up a really clean used copy at my LRS today. It's great to hear "Birdland" on vinyl, the way it was meant to be heard. Fantastic!

@reubent,

A few weeks ago, I remembered you posting Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms". You never posted your impressions? This stood out to me because you normally don't buy the  (audiophile lps). I am interested in your impressions as I own several copies.
Sides 3&4 of the Roger Waters lp is enjoyable in that there's a somewhat different song structure than we're use to, still, you know it's a RW record.
@slaw - I only own one copy of "Brothers in Arms" and it is the MoFi 45RPM 2 LP set. Definitely an Audiophile record, and very good. Although I do find remastering a single LP into a 2 LP set is a PITA because I have to get up to turn it over twice as often. I'm lazy that way....
@reubent ,

How do you find the sonics?

Well since you have no other lp copy to compare, I guess my line of questioning is diminished?

I have a dbl lp copy mastered by the late Stan Ricker where  "Ride Across The River"  wow'd me the first time I heard it because it lasted longer than on the original copy.
@slaw - I'll have to get back to you regarding the sonics. Haven't listened to it in a while. But I remember it being pretty good. Well, at least the tracks I listen to. I typically skip the first few tracks. I find the second half of the record more to my liking. 
Post removed 
One of my fave Bush albums there Slaw , good call only have it on CD though.

Broken Heart ... The Babys
Supertramp - "...famous last words..."

The last from my weekly record store run...
Triumvirat - Spartacus
Roxy Music - Country Life
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Change (EP)
The Future Sound of London - My Kingdom (EP)
Rachmaninoff - Isle Of The Dead/Symphonic Dances, Previn, LSO (Angel)
King Crimson -Three Of A Perfect Pair
Thanks uberwaltz! For some reason, these all seemed to flow together somehow last night. I should also have added a recent copy I found of Mark Isham's Castalia.
Thanks slaw! I think I’ve posted a few times earlier. Great thread for hunting and seeking new vinyl possibilities. Dare I say, an eclectic assortment of music and interests? A good thing!
Neko Case "Canadian Amp"
…………………….
Of course I listened to Sarah Shook. 
A fine day of crate digging.  Scored a copy of Wayne Shorter and Milton Nascimentos “Native Dancer”. Beautiful sonics.  Also listened to Lurch Records “ The Greatest Band On Earth”
These are truly special recordings and knock the socks of most modern recordings.
Mahalia Jackson - I Believe (Columbia 1960)
Benny Goodman - Trio, Quartet, Quintet (Victor 1956)
Shirley Horn Trio - A Lazy Afternoon (Steeplchase 1979)
The Seekers - The Best of the Seekers (Capital mono 1967)
Erroll Garner - Solitare (Mercury mono 1955)
Today is was Arhoolie's Mance Lipscome on green vinyl, then an old 1960 edition of a fun Butterbeans & Suzie record.  About to play An Evening with Mike Nichols and Elaine May for some 1960's humor.