Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
My niece just married a Jamaican DJ. Thought I would delve into some good reggae with him; turns out he is a fan of Kenny Rogers...so I am in the process of digitizing some Kenny Rogers albums for him.  Please don’t judge me too harshly. 
My first Christmas song of the season - The Waitresses - "Christmas Wrapping" from the album - "I Could Rule the World if I Could Only Get the Parts"
One World ... Rare Earth.

Sounds pretty darn good for a $1 bargain bin original 1971 album!
Violation ... Starz.

Not sure how many remember these guys.

Capitol records, another $1 buy but looks and sounds  like it has never been played
@Uberwaltz - I remember Starz. I saw them open for somebody back in the day. Must have been ’77, ’78 or so.
Vangelis - "Heaven and Hell" - Love Jon Anderson singing "So Long Ago So Clear"
Pulled out the Christmas music. Started the season with a Trader Joe’s 2018 Vintage Ale and Bing Crosby’s “ I Wish You A Merry Christmas”.  

On a personal note, I had another niece ask my advice on a turntable and speakers.  Seems she had a boyfriend with a turntable and she got into vinyl, broke up with the boyfriend and wanted to get her own system.  We settled on an Orbit Basic from UTurn as a turntable, and Elac Debut 6.2s for speakers. 

I feel optimistic for the next generation.     
Good for her!
My daughter has her own vinyl and digital rig.
You can see it under my virtual systems.
Simple, cheap but very effective.
Looks great!  I am sure she will be very happy.  I see she has the NAD 3020.  I think I will steer my niece there if she decides to upgrade to an integrated amp.  I gave her my old Lepy preamp to get by.  
The Who by Numbers.

Not their finest for sure and SQ leaves a little to be desired but still it is The Who!

Reubent .... I have my share of spendy albums too although not very many I will admit.
I only have Brother In Arms on SACD.
Reubent.

Btw, your posting of The Alarm took me back decades and I just had to play some this morning via Tidal

Thank you
@uberwaltz - I much prefer enjoying $1 original records when I can find them. I do not enjoy paying $30-$60 for new "audiophile" releases. I only have a very few of them.

Regarding The Alarm: One of my favorite bands. I just saw them 2 weeks ago in Cincinnati, in a small club that seats 300. It was outstanding. I also bought their new album - "Equals". It is not their best, but it is good and it's classic Alarm. But it is better than most new records from bands that have been around for 35-40 years.

If you are at all interested in Mike Peters and/or The Alarm, check out this video when you have 30 minutes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFuTjEKblG4

And Thank You for all your music posts. I really enjoy them and the little music community we have going here.
@Reubent

My favorite portion of this forum are all the music threads.

There is a general air of camaraderie here that is sadly lacking on some of the other threads where instead it seems to be more who can stab who in the back the deepest and the hardest!

Not all obviously but it sure is not fun most of the time.

Plus there is always such great music to discover and rediscover.

It’s a pleasure to be here.

Btw I have worked in the Cincy area a LOT over the last 20 year’s. We even went for vacation a couple of times when Kings Island was at its height just to ride The Beast and The Son of The Beast. Sad how King’s Island has turned out now.
Nuclear Furniture ... Jefferson Starship.

Grace Slick still one of my fave female singers of all time. What a wild child in her early years!
Rucki Zucki Palmencombo. Sudseetraume (single).

Do not feel too sorry for me. I have not heard it in 25-30 years and it arrived today. Then, I might have been ashamed, today I am proud.
Elvin Bishop - "Hog Heaven"

1978 release, bought out of the cutout bin sometime around 1980-82. Don't recall if I ever even listened to it back them. Nothing on it sounds familiar, but it's not bad. It's also super clean, like a brand new record.
Clash - Sandinista (all six sides of first pressing vinyl)
Damned - Grave Disorder
On another note entirely ( sic).
Does anybody actually collect and/or play 45rpm singles?
I ask as when last at my LRS I spied box upon box of 45,s. When I asked he said nobody buys them and not even worth his time to sort through them.
They all came with collections he buys.Seems a shame really.
Private Dancer ... Tina Turner.

This is too funny, this disc is bent and warped like a pretzel and yet....
My Denon cw Black Widow and dl103d is riding it like a champ and the SQ is stunning.
Just while sitting watching,  it looks terrible!
@uberwaltz, Yup, I collect and play 7" 45rpm singles. My first records were singles, at the dawn of the 1960's, before Rock 'n' Roll was an LP format. There are lots of songs I want by artists/entertainers who did not make good albums, in some cases albums at all. In addition, I have lots of singles whose B-side is a song not found anywhere else---an alternate take of an album song, a different mix, or a song available ONLY on the 45. I have about 750 of them, having just gone through all mine and pulling out about another 250, which I am taking over to rare record dealer Craig Moerer (Records By Mail) in Portland. Hard core collectors still want them!
@bdp24 .

Very interesting and yes I do remember some b sides were one offs until an enterprising record label would release them as a collection on CD!

I did have quite a few singles when younger but I know I offloaded all of them to a local swap shop( English pawn shop).

Next time in my LRS I might just have a rummage through see if anything strikes me.
@uberwaltz - That would be a definite "NO" regarding 7" singles. I'm WAY too lazy for cleaning, storing and playing one or two songs at a time. Heck, I don't even like the practice of re-issuing original LPs on 2-LP sets. Too much effort for the same amount of music. I do enjoy the sound quality, but don't know if it could be just as good on a quality 2 sided LP vs. pressing it on 2 LPs (4 sides).
Brewer and Shipley - "Tarkio"

Good record overall. Contains the famous single - "One  Toke Over the Line", but the rest of the record is just as good, or better.
Reubent .

Just love Heartbeat City, have it on sacd, Vinyl and cassette.

Next up

Grand Funk ... The Live Album
@uberwaltz - I had forgotten "Heartbeat City" until I saw it listed here recently (maybe by you). Have owned the LP since back when it was originally released. Anyway, put it on a couple of weeks ago and BAM! Great stuff.......
Had to shelve the Grand Funk Live album, just too beat up to listen to and enjoy.
Cant all be winners at $1!

Much better now

Inner Secrets .. Santana 
Ahmad Jamal - "Portfolio of Ahmad Jamal"

Original 1959 release - ARGO LP 2638, Registration # S 4216 A, whatever that means..

Gifted to me from my Father in Law.