"What's Your Best Price?"

Maybe it's just coincidence, but I have experienced an increasing number of buyers lately whose only question is "what's your best price?" in response to an "OBO" listing. Should such moronic inquiries simply be ignored -- or is there an appropriate/productive response?
jeffreybowman2k
It's a harmless question that takes all of five second to produce a response for. If you didn't want dumb questions asked, you shouldn't have posted an ad, let alone one with "obo".

Don't get me wrong. I can get irritated myself too. But, for the most part I can usually tell when items for sale will move quickly or take a little longer. It's these items that take longer that I would most likely pose the question...

Which brings me to my next point. In every instance that I've bought an item, I always ask one question in the very beginning to start the communication flowing. Most times it's: "Is this still available?" I almost always know the answer, but again, it's just to open the lines of communication.

Take it with a grain of salt. If you can't, I suspect you won't be selling too much on this site.
I do my OBO listings above what I'll take...I don't mind the "bottom dollar" question as long as it gets me my bottom dollar. If I have an amp listed at $1,700 OBO and $1,500 is my "what will you take" price...I shoot back an email stating $1,500...bottom dollar.

It does not matter how you do your listings...tire kickers are a fact of life.

Dave
"Give it your best shor, Kid -- you'll never know until you put some skin in the game."
If you dont want the hassle dont offer OBO and say the price is firm, you cant fault a buyer for asking when your the one who gives an impression of negociation. Once again this is a thread that has popped up before.