What's in your CDP tonight? the minority report

I enjoy vinyl and digital (lately, with recent changes, vinyl actually sounds better than digital to me), BUT given what seems an overall preference for analog/vinyl on A'gon, I'm curious what the non-vinyl "1/2" is listening to. I tried to see if this was a previously posted question. Did not seem so.

This evening for me, it's Genesis (definitive edition remaster) "A Trick of the Tail".

128x128ghosthouse

Listening to Sea Train, Sea Train. It’s a vinyl to CD rip that’s pretty good, if you ask me.😁

Last week I began replacing cheap vibration device under all my kit, including speakers (which I did last) with Vera-FI LLC (VeriBlack Holes) VBHs. I started with just my Audiolab 6000 CDT, placing one directly under the spindle and was amazed, I then put them under my EVS 1200 amp (based on dual mono ICEpower AS 1200 modules). That was a head scratcher as at first the sound was flattened/rolled off: ~ 10 minutes later everything was fine again> Could it be the VBHs needed to settle under the much heavier amp? Next my Audio Alchemy DDP-1 (DAC/Pre) a definite thumbs up. I also have the optional AA PS 5 outboard power supply, similarly amazing improvement as was the transport. Closing out (well sort of) I placed 2 each under the fronts of my Emerald Physics 3.4 open baffle speakers, but ran out of gas (76 yo) and haven’t yet added the remaining 2 to the back of the speakers. I did a review which you might be interesting in finding. I do need to add more comments after listening to Tony Bennett and Friends vol1, Eagles Hell Freezes Over on Hotel California (IMP Joe Walsh’s guitar is the best version of all their albums) and sounded spectacular, as did the rest of the album. Finally, last night Jay Leonhart Salamander Pie DMP

HTH

Thanks for the tip on the VBH vibration dampers, @tweak1

Though possibly a topic better suited for posting elsewhere, e.g., Tech Talk or Misc Audio.

Music-wise, today:

Fleetwood Mac’s Penguin

Here’s track 6

Revelation

with an excellent bass solo from John McViie.