What age did the "audio bug" hit you?

I was always into music, and as early as 7 yrs old I would put 2 sources next to each other (2 tape decks or a 8 track, or recoed player) and fade them over each other and play "D.J." all day long, in High School I ran the closed circuit radio station and was the D.J. at the local YMCA for dances to raise money for our "leaders club" and did a few weddings here and there, then I was a D.J. at a lesbian bar for awhile (down guys! these chicks rolled their own tampons) but all the same I look back and I guess I was always some sort of an Audiophile...what about your stories???????????
chadnliz
I Dismantled the folks new console radio at age 9 . Built my first radio at age 11 , started building a decent stereo at age 15 . And am still upgrading at age 52 .
I was 8 years old and my brother, Paul, built me a pair of electrostat panels from raw materials and custom made tube electronics. I worked all summer to buy a ERA turntable with an SME 3009 arm and the Winn Labs straingauge cartridge. Once again, Paul built me a custom box for the cartridge, which sounded better than the one offered by Winn Labs.

That was 39 years ago.
Holy mother of thread revival! I was always into great sound but it was initially from getting the best sound out of my violin and drums. Then I turned 15 and the mobile audio bug hit me and I was doing MB Quart component or sub installs for guys 5-10 years older than me... with licenses no less. And then at 28 I grew up a bit and my mobile audio bug grew some wings and took me indoors to home audio. I gotta say, between the two it is very tough making any decision on my next purchase.
Pubul57, I wasn't suppose to touch the Mac either. My parents traveled often and...red lights flashing! Also always remember long listening sessions with my dad.

I came into audio gear again after having children and being around the house more. Much fun.