VTA adjustment on Technics 1200G

I have the Technics 1200G with Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Don Sachs pre, Pass X350.5 amp driving Soundlab M545. First of all, it sounds great. I have the VTA at the lowest setting and it sounds tiniest bright. Normally, I would lower the VTA in such a case, but it is always at its lowest point. Any suggestions?
128x128chungjh
I would lower the VTA in such a case, but it is always at its lowest point. Any suggestions?

In this situation:

1) Thicker platter mat
2) or a spacer between headshell and cartridge.

Chakster, You used to have the Microseiki copper mat. That is thicker and better than the 1200g rubber mat?
@chungihou 

You do not use VTA for a tone control.
The optimum VTA is when you have maximum soundstage and maximum detail.
Is your arm level ?
Can you go a little below level.

If not, you could use a cartridge spacer, this would achieve the same result as lowering the arm at the back.
Post removed 
Dover,

I just ordered a spacer. Hopefully, that will work out. The arm is level when I eyeball it, but that is not very accurate, obviously.
if cartridge is new it will most likely sound better after 30 to 100 hrs of use.
first you should level the top of the headshell on the flat part using a small circular level.  
make sure the platter is level ( remove mat first ) .
replace mat.  
now put the level on top of the headshell and adjust VTF to compensate for the weight of the level.  the goal is to make the top of the cartridge and headshell level when in the groove of a record.  leveling the tonearm is impossible to do accurately and not relevant. 
lower the arm to the record with level on headshell. 
adjust VTA dial until it is level.  
If you cannot lower it enough the cartridge is shorter than the arm will allow.  
This happened to me.  My solution was to use a Herbies Way Excellent II mat that is 4mm thick.  The stock mat is 3mm thick.
The Herbies mat also sounds better.  
summary:
make sure platter is level
put level on top of flat part of stock hesdshell
adjust tracking force to cartridge recommended.  
lower arm to stopped record and adjust so that the headshell is level.  
reset VTF.  
if the headshell is level and still sounds tinny check break in hours and preamp load options.  lowering resistance will reduce brightness.
good luck

Chakster, You used to have the Microseiki copper mat. That is thicker and better than the 1200g rubber mat?

I still have it, it’s not thicker.
The best place for rubber mat is definitely not under LP.

You will find Micro CU-500 mat in my system one . Lighter CU-180 in my system two. Also look at Saec SS300 mat.
I have the AT 150-mlx on my GAE & had to add this 5.7  PANZERHOLZ spacer to make it level with the lp.