SL-1200G Anyone Replace Arm and/or Power Supply?

The easy mods are..well easy and inexpensive...new mat..etc.  A new arm board for the new 1200 series is available in SME and Rega versions. There is also a British external linear supply which, after removing 10,000 screws can be installed along with the new replacement internal board. No soldering..just lots of screws.

Anyone try one, or both mods and how involved was the modification and what were the sonic benefits? I suspect that few..if any..will respond..

vonhelmholtz

I am sure the Technics engineers have provided an excellent power supply. Why worry about it? 

@vonhelmholtz , I changed my arm to an SME 309 on my GAE & installed that arm on my 1200 MK2. Now for the power supply, I was bouncing that idea just last week. I asked on another Forum & with a few replies, they all agreed that the PSU in the G/GAE made no degrading of the sound in those 2 units. I’ll now put my monies elsewhere.

Now the question is to me is, why is there a PSU on the 1000 R ?????

@danmar123 

If you follow the link you can download wav files which contain the same track played with original and upgraded power.