Solo streamer

I’m looking to replace my Cambridge CXN v2 with a streamer that has better SQ.  I want a streamer with no extra accoutrements: no DAC, storage capacity, etc., nothing but a streamer.  Is this available?

128x128rvpiano

@soix 

As far as improvements go, where can I begin?  Compared to the Cambridge, which btw I thought was very good, the detail is so much better, the timbre is very natural, dynamics are much wider, the sense of realism is palpable. This is what music sounds like.  I listen to the Aurender just for the sweetness of sound in every track. (of course some will say it’s confirmation bias, but that’s their problem.)

Even though it's ridiculously expensive, it’s worth every penny, and yes, I’m keeping it.

I am very comfortable with others having different views to mine.  I do not have an insatiable need to fill some existential void in my soul

@mdalton Nor do I, but I do enjoy greatly helping people avoid obvious potholes when they’re thrown in front of them.  Such was the case here where your advice was just utterly counterproductive and wrong though you’ll never admit it — pothole avoided and success achieved despite you.  I’d say I hope maybe you actually learned something from this but pretty sure that info won’t process at all and you’ll just keep spewing your extreme minority opinion deluding yourself into thinking you’re somehow helping when really you’re just a perpetual pothole to people with otherwise open minds and ears.  It’s a free country and potholes can happen, but thankfully they can also be filled.

Being happy...that’s generally everyone’s goal in life once the veneer of all the details is stripped out. The path to happiness is not necessarily a logical one & what’s logical is different for all of us. If @rvpiano is happy with his purchase, what else is there to say?

@rvpiano you can set airplay volume to max on ipad or iPhone and control the volume with your preamp. That’s how I run it in airplay mode.