Solo streamer

I’m looking to replace my Cambridge CXN v2 with a streamer that has better SQ.  I want a streamer with no extra accoutrements: no DAC, storage capacity, etc., nothing but a streamer.  Is this available?

128x128rvpiano

I must say, as a former musician, this streamer comes close to reproducing what music really sounds like.

I think I’ve learned most of what I need to know about the Conductor app.

I think it’s a clunky app, and at best user unfriendly.

@rvpiano Interesting that you find Coax to be brighter than USB. In general, it’s been the opposite with me across the board with any Aurender unit that I’ve tried. But it is absolutely cable/model dependent. In my case if I compare the same brand cables, with their coax vs USB, USB is always brighter / more brittle. There are some excellent USB cables, though!

And I should also of course mention that USB is using the DAC’s clock, whereas coax also takes advantage of the clock in the Aurender. 

RV…the app is actually pretty good. Once you get thru the learning curve and get used to it, it’ll be fine. Your observation about the sound quality and tome is spot on. 

@blisshifi

I can A-B both connectors on my DAC. Both the coax and USB are quite good. The USB seems a bit more defined.